ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:48 pm

Marisa, yours is coming very soon...:)- prepare the 950

Nanette

Marisa wrote:Excellent news, tarakino!

Was it 8/9 weeks of waiting after your file was send to the minister?

Congratulations.

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:52 pm

Marisa wrote:Congratulations, dgnhly!!!

And thanks for posting your data, it sounds so promising and reassuring for me...
Enjoy:)
Thanks Marisa,

I hope your will come soon. It may give you a better idea, my INIS reference was 68/67XX/08

Regards,

tarakino
Newly Registered

Re: Got it !

Post by tarakino » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:51 pm

dgnhly wrote:Guys,

Just to share that my naturalisation application is approved yesterday. For the benefit of the forum my timelines are as follow;

- Application : 15/09/2008
- Adittional documents asked: Mid June 2009 (3 payslips/ 3 month bankstatement)
- Birt Cert were asked again: 27/01/2011 (was already in the initial file),
- Approval: 25/04/2011
:shock:

Good luck for the rest of the group,

Congrats dgnhly

All the best

tarakino
Newly Registered

Post by tarakino » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:53 pm

Marisa wrote:Excellent news, tarakino!

Was it 8/9 weeks of waiting after your file was send to the minister?

Congratulations.
I would say 10 weeks; file sent to minister around Feb 12th and approval received on Apr 21st

omobolayet087
Newly Registered

Post by omobolayet087 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi everyone,
Any idea on how to change Cert of Nationality to English language?

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:21 pm

Congratulation dgnhly But i am curious to know Does Department work on Bank Holidays or Did you call them at 9.27 am?
PIKKA

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:00 pm

PIKKA wrote:Congratulation dgnhly But i am curious to know Does Department work on Bank Holidays or Did you call them at 9.27 am?

PIKKA,
:idea: Maybe i made a mistatement; post-box opened on the 25/04/2011. Approval date on the letter 20/04/2011.

Are you an engineer? cause only engineers spot the unnecessary details and misses the big picture :lol:

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:48 pm

dgnhly wrote: Are you an engineer? cause only engineers spot the unnecessary details and misses the big picture :lol:
LOL! :lol:
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:49 pm

omobolayet087 wrote:Hi everyone,
Here is a translation which can be found in Irish Statu Book!

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/plweb-cg ... uery_rule=(($query3))%3Alegtitle&query3=irish%20Nationality%20and%20Citizenship&docid=7852&docdb=SIs&dbname=Acts&dbname=SIs&sorting=none&operator=and&TemplateName=predoc.tmpl&setCookie=1

CERTIFICATE OF NATURALISATION OF PERSON OF FULL AGE.

WHEREAS the undermentioned applicant has duly applied to the Minister for Justice for a certificate of naturalisation and has supplied the particulars set out hereunder and has satisfied the Minister that the statutory conditions in relation to the grant of a certificate of naturalisation to him/her have been fulfilled :

NOW, the Minister for Justice, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act, 1956 , grants to the applicant this certificate of naturalisation whereby as from the date hereof the applicant becomes an Irish citizen.

PARTICULARS RELATING TO THE APPLICANT.

Name of full............................................................ ............................................................ ...............................................

Address............................................................ ............................................................ .....................................................

Place of birth............................................................ ............................................................ ..............................................

Date of birth............................................................ ............................................................ ..............................................

Previous nationality............................................................ ............................................................ ................................

Whether single, married, widow, or widower............................................................ .................................................

GIVEN under the Official Seal of the Minister for Justice, this.........day of.............................................19....

(L.S.)

Certificate No........... Form 9

omobolayet087
Newly Registered

Post by omobolayet087 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:57 pm

dgnhly wrote:
omobolayet087 wrote:Hi everyone,
Here is a translation which can be found in Irish Statu Book!

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/plweb-cg ... uery_rule=(($query3))%3Alegtitle&query3=irish%20Nationality%20and%20Citizenship&docid=7852&docdb=SIs&dbname=Acts&dbname=SIs&sorting=none&operator=and&TemplateName=predoc.tmpl&setCookie=1

CERTIFICATE OF NATURALISATION OF PERSON OF FULL AGE.

WHEREAS the undermentioned applicant has duly applied to the Minister for Justice for a certificate of naturalisation and has supplied the particulars set out hereunder and has satisfied the Minister that the statutory conditions in relation to the grant of a certificate of naturalisation to him/her have been fulfilled :

NOW, the Minister for Justice, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act, 1956 , grants to the applicant this certificate of naturalisation whereby as from the date hereof the applicant becomes an Irish citizen.

PARTICULARS RELATING TO THE APPLICANT.

Name of full............................................................ ............................................................ ...............................................

Address............................................................ ............................................................ .....................................................

Place of birth............................................................ ............................................................ ..............................................

Date of birth............................................................ ............................................................ ..............................................

Previous nationality............................................................ ............................................................ ................................

Whether single, married, widow, or widower............................................................ .................................................

GIVEN under the Official Seal of the Minister for Justice, this.........day of.............................................19....

(L.S.)

Certificate No........... Form 9

Thanks for the info

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:59 pm

Thank you , Nannete!
..May somebody up there please hear your kind words.

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:02 pm

Thanks for the info[/quote]

Pleasure! :)

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:03 pm

dgnhly wrote:my INIS reference was 68/67XX/08
Cheers! I'm somewhere 300 people behind you(=

monte

Post by monte » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:26 am

Still waiting,

applied June 2008, called today, INIS is waiting Garda report which was requested December 2010.

tarakino
Newly Registered

Post by tarakino » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:57 am

I've heard that people from Dublin or other counties come to Cork to swear the oath because it's faster…I've been to court this morning and the judge didn't accept to do it for 2 people from Dublin and Tipperary…They are only taking people having addresses in Cork

monte

Post by monte » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:46 pm

and did the Judge accept you to take oath in Cork?

tarakino wrote:I've heard that people from Dublin or other counties come to Cork to swear the oath because it's faster…I've been to court this morning and the judge didn't accept to do it for 2 people from Dublin and Tipperary…They are only taking people having addresses in Cork

tarakino
Newly Registered

Post by tarakino » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:51 pm

Yes he did; I am living in Cork

monte

Post by monte » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:52 pm

congrats bro.

tarakino wrote:Yes he did; I am living in Cork

stranger_in_moscow
Newly Registered

Post by stranger_in_moscow » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:16 am

Hi Monte,

I applied in Sep 2008 and my reference number is 68/66xx/08.
I am also waiting.

What's your reference number?

"dgnhly wrote: my INIS reference was 68/67XX/08 "

Interestingly applications are missing there strict chronological order that they have been advertising in there correspondence.

I called up in Jan and was told that my file has been send to minister then I recieved the request asking for Birth Certificate again (send once before with the applications form) which I send promptly.

Now I am told from last few weeks that the application is not yet send to the minister but it will be send in next few weeks. (it has already been 3 weeks they have been giving me the same answer on helpline)

Don't know when they will ever proceed?

Stranger_n_Moscow

monte

Post by monte » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:21 am

Hi stranger_in_moscow,

my ref number is 68/49**/08 as i applied first week of June, yeah it seems there is no consistency and i understand your frustration, for me i think they delay is from the INIS office in tipperary because they only asked for garda report on December which was 30 months after i applied and hence still waiting for the garda report !!

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:21 pm

any news my friends//?

crown

Post by crown » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:18 am

HOTSPURS wrote:
crown wrote:Hi guys
It was my turn today The letter landed. It has been a great day. I had waited 4 years for this I applied with my wife 2007 July For whatever reasons INIS gave my wife 14 months ago and refused to give me till this morning Though I am happy it is all over but I am appalled at the system. I think I was the worst treated by INIS
I want to thank all the guys giving info on this site You guys have been great - 9jeirean, nanette, scrudu, hotspurs, aceform, Irish tom etc I throw handshakes to you all :D :D :D
I plan to still hang around
Crown
Congratulations Crown !! you're not alone. A friend of mine suffered exactly the same way as you. His wife's approval came thru months before his although his wife applied after him ! Anyways, if you're a Dubliner, do not waste time trying to get appointment here. Drive to Cork & get it done sameday. goodluck !!
Hotspurs
Thanks for your advice
I am in Dublin. I had done my court appearance this week though I got my letter last week. What I did was to book a date in February when DOJ told me my file had gone to the minister's office. I got an April date. So this ensured I only had to wait 3 working days - quite close and I was lucky. I recommed to anyone else.
To others still waiting I Suggest you check this. Someone sent to me and I gve no particular endorsements
http://www.newcommunities.ie/cass/

Crown

cool_irish
Newly Registered

Reply from INIS

Post by cool_irish » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:58 am

Hello All,

I called INIS y'day and a very kind lady told me that my file has come back from the minister and I shall expect a letter from INIS soon. I asked her if there has been any decision on my application then she replied as she is not suppose to disclose it over the phone but she said that everything is ok and looks good.

Now does that mean my naturalization application has been approved by Minister and how long does it take for the letter to arrive from INIS?

If it is an approval then can I go ahead and book for the oath in advance etc?

cool_irish
Newly Registered

Contact

Post by cool_irish » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:00 am

Hello,

I live in D15, do I need to take the oath in here or can I book an appointment elsewhere in the country?
Last edited by cool_irish on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

AShawna

Re: Reply from INIS

Post by AShawna » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:15 am

cool_irish wrote:Hello All,

I called INIS y'day and a very kind lady told me that my file has come back from the minister and I shall expect a letter from INIS soon. I asked her if there has been any decision on my application then she replied as she is not suppose to disclose it over the phone but she said that everything is ok and looks good.

Now does that mean my naturalization application has been approved by Minister and how long does it take for the letter to arrive from INIS?

If it is an approval then can I go ahead and book for the oath in advance etc?
That is congratulations! Go book your date. :wink:
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...