ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mike London
Newly Registered

Post by Mike London » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:02 am

wunder wrote:Congratulations, Mike London! :D
But surely the application did not reach Home Office on the same day? :wink:
:) that's why I added (as per RM site) ;) perhaps it was late night when it came to HO's POBox, but they recorded it as "delivered"...

tintin

Post by tintin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:31 pm

found this link guys - thought this may be of interest:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter18/

Kevin_K
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin_K » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:13 pm

wunder wrote:I think some people here should get a grip on reality and stop abusing Home Office phone lines (not to mention that they are not obliged to give you any information before 6 months - you are abusing their good will). The only result would be that they will stop giving any status updates whatsoever!

And 6 weeks is nothing, I applied earlier than most of you and I'm still waiting (not very patiently, but quietly).
Totally agree with you. Applicants may bear a certain cost, but that's irrelevant to the HO giving information in good will- getting a BC is not a right but a privilege. The Call Centre is there for reasons other than entertaining impatient applicants expecting miracles within weeks. Calling the HO will not push your application forward nor it will speed up the process. On the contrary, it would ruin it for folk who call with real issues. Calls you make cost the HO money (Advisor time), and if they notice an increasing volume of such inquiries they might simply stop taking such calls to reduce call-volume and play a recording message advising people to write to them instead- seen that in other call centres. So I encourage everyone here to be patient and stray from abusing the system.

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:07 pm

I totally agree...

Calling HO to find out what is happening with your application every single week is not going to help at all... it may make life difficult for people who have real issues...

Call them once every two months or a month to see if it's progressed but every single week is just just a waste of time!

One way or other - you know you will get your BC (assuming you have been abiding by the laws)

Patience is a Virtue my good friends!

Anyhow - Have a good Easter break!

PS - I applied on the 26th March (EEA family member + 1 year PR) - got my acknowledgement letter approx 2.5 weeks ago.

Will update when I next here from HO.

Good Luck to all.

Kevin_K wrote:
wunder wrote:I think some people here should get a grip on reality and stop abusing Home Office phone lines (not to mention that they are not obliged to give you any information before 6 months - you are abusing their good will). The only result would be that they will stop giving any status updates whatsoever!

And 6 weeks is nothing, I applied earlier than most of you and I'm still waiting (not very patiently, but quietly).
Totally agree with you. Applicants may bear a certain cost, but that's irrelevant to the HO giving information in good will- getting a BC is not a right but a privilege. The Call Centre is there for reasons other than entertaining impatient applicants expecting miracles within weeks. Calling the HO will not push your application forward nor it will speed up the process. On the contrary, it would ruin it for folk who call with real issues. Calls you make cost the HO money (Advisor time), and if they notice an increasing volume of such inquiries they might simply stop taking such calls to reduce call-volume and play a recording message advising people to write to them instead- seen that in other call centres. So I encourage everyone here to be patient and stray from abusing the system.

sherlypk

Post by sherlypk » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:17 pm

I have finally recieved my application approval.

Criteria :: HSMP 4 Yrs + 1 yrs ILR
Type :: NCS Broomley
Date of submission :: 24/02/2011
Date application received by UKBA ::28/02/2011
Date of debit of credit card :: 04/02/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :: 11/02/2011
Date of receipt of approval :: 23/04/2011 (Dated : 14 April 11)
Date of ceremony :: Pending
Date of Passport :: Pending

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:47 am

Congrats! - TWO MONTHS! - I have applied for BC one month after you so I guess I will hear something within a month...
sherlypk wrote:I have finally recieved my application approval.

Criteria :: HSMP 4 Yrs + 1 yrs ILR
Type :: NCS Broomley
Date of submission :: 24/02/2011
Date application received by UKBA ::28/02/2011
Date of debit of credit card :: 04/02/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :: 11/02/2011
Date of receipt of approval :: 23/04/2011 (Dated : 14 April 11)

shimlee143
Newly Registered

Post by shimlee143 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:35 am

Criteria :: spouse visa+ILR just got on 5th of april+2year stay on student visa
Type ::
Date of submission :: 09/04/2011
Date application received by UKBA ::11/04/2011
Date of debit of credit card :: 21/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :: pending
Date of receipt of approval :: pending
:arrow:
Last edited by shimlee143 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

7omi
Newly Registered

Post by 7omi » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:22 am

shimlee143 wrote:Criteria :: spouse visa+ILR just got on 5th of april+2year stay on student visa
Type ::
Date of submission :: 09/04/2011
Date application received by UKBA ::11/04/2011
Date of debit of credit card :: 21/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :: pending
Date of receipt of approval :: pending
:arrow:

Sames date i send mine that is and debited...good luck :)

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:39 pm

Hey guys, hope every one is having great holidays. I don't think that most of us will hear any thing from HO in these 3 days. I think it will be from 3rd May onwards. Good luck and enjoy the rest of the holidays

green_express
Newly Registered

Re: TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

Post by green_express » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:29 pm

NCS, Barking and Dagenham
Date of submission: 26/4/11
CRITERIA - 3 yr stay (2 + 1 yr ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : Awaiting
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :
Date of receipt of approval :
Date of Ceremony :
Date of appln. for passport :
Method used
Date of Receipt:

panhoong
Newly Registered

Post by panhoong » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:06 pm

Criteria :: Civil Partner of a British Citizen
Type :: NCS Camden
Date of grant of ILR :: 02/02/2011 at Croydon PEO
Date of submission :: 04/02/2011 through Camden NCS
Date application received by UKBA :: 07/02/2011 via Warrington delivery office
Date of debit of credit card :: 13/02/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :: 16/02/2011 dated 13/02/2011
Date of receipt of approval :: 11/03/2011 dated 01/03/2011
Date of ceremony :: 16/03/2011
Date of application for passport :: 16/03/2011 using Check & Send

Date of interview letter :: 05/04/2011 - Apparently the letter was sent on 22/03/2011 but I never received it. I've been told it was sent again on 29/03/2011, but that never arrived as well. They told me there was a glitch in the system where it couldn't transfer my details to the interview booking system. They had to reset my application, and was told on 05/04/2011 that letter was sent for the third time on 01/04/2011. I've been given a booking reference number over the phone. I complained and Head of Customer Service said they would try to assist in getting an earlier booking rather than having to wait another 2+ weeks for Elephant & Castle but that was not the case and I was later told that I would need to book over the phone and wait the 2+ weeks.

Date of receipt of documents :: 25/03/2011 by Secure Delivery
Date of interview :: 16/04/2011 at Reading Interview Office
Date of receipt of passport :: 19/04/2011 with date on passport 16/04/2011

Final! :-)
Last edited by panhoong on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

passport-uk
Newly Registered

Documentation needed for citizenship app to Passport process

Post by passport-uk » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:11 pm

All,
Reading thru various threads on this forum this is the documens required for each stage & process.Can experts correct me & add any more documentation needed.(& i assume its only 4 step process & i did not miss anymore step)
1 Life in UK
Book appointment http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
Timeline : Book 2 weeks in advance,pass certificate given same day

2 CitizenShip documents needed
Book appointment at NCS http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
International Passport
Marriage Certificate
Birth Certificate for Child
Life in the UK certificate
Letter from your employer
TimeLine : Per forum its 6-10 weeks on an average
3 Ceremony
Book appointment as per Letter
Documents needed
Approval letter & International passport
Timeline : As per letter,typically 2 weeks,private ceremoney takes lesser
4 Passport
book appointment at http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... /DG_174109
Docs needed
naturalisation or registration certificate
the passport on which you entered the UK
TimeLine: Typically 2 weeks

Much Appreciate your time and guidance

Regards

Mooney
Newly Registered

Post by Mooney » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Criteria :: 5 yrs + 1 Yr ILR
Type :: NCS Harrow
Date of grant of ILR :: 29/03/2011 at Liverpool PEO
Date of submission :: 05/04/2011 through Harrow NCS
Date application received by UKBA :: 06/04/2011 via Warrington delivery office
Date of debit of credit card :: 19/04/2011
Date of acknowledgement :: 21/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :: 21/04/2011
Date of receipt of approval :: ????
Date of ceremony :: ?????
Date of application for passport ????

My credit card is showing two debit's of amount GBP 1610. One is for 19th April and other one does not have a date but says it has been approved.

Applied with a police caution received around 2.5 years back.

Hope it all goes okay. I believe the current waiting time is around 10 weeks (on average).

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:10 am

Mine is already more than 6 weeks since HO received my application. until last week Thursday it was in the que to be picked up by case worker. I am not going to call for another update for at least another week.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:01 pm

Mooney wrote:Criteria :: 5 yrs + 1 Yr ILR
Date of grant of ILR :: 29/03/2011 at Liverpool PEO (on average).
Is this correct or should it be 2010?

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:26 pm

Just spoke to one of my friend who applied for Naturalisation along with his family in 3rd week of feb, Today they have received the approval letter after 8-9 weeks of submission through NCS.

He is over the moon, and already calling councils to book private ceremony lol.

hope over turn comes soon.

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:57 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Just spoke to one of my friend who applied for Naturalisation along with his family in 3rd week of feb, Today they have received the approval letter after 8-9 weeks of submission through NCS.

He is over the moon, and already calling councils to book private ceremony lol.

hope over turn comes soon.
I hope so ferrarilondon. My employer requires me to go to US in July, on my current passport I do have a US visa, but if I surrender my current passport after receiving British, I will have to apply for another ticket because, US airlines, requires the travellers to confirm the citizenship abd passport number at the time of booking. I therefore rang HO today to find an update, I was advised it in the queue waiting to be allocated as compared to the answer I was given last week who advised me that its picked up by the caseworker. I was further advised by her to call in 2 weeks time. So hopefully, I should get some update.

Given others that have had their approvals in 2 months, I guess, ours will be the same. I applied on the 17th March via NCS and payment was deducted on 27th March

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:03 pm

what lionking? last week they said its with the case worker, and today they said its waiting to be picked up by case worker? this is a joke. i applied via NCS on 14th March and reached HO 16th . I am not going to call them until end of next week

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:06 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:what lionking? last week they said its with the case worker, and today they said its waiting to be picked up by case worker? this is a joke. i applied via NCS on 14th March and reached HO 16th . I am not going to call them until end of next week
I know, it was quite frustating. I was hoping to hear for some good news in next weeks, but looks like it s a bit more wait. She did say that 90% in 3 months & 95% within 6 months, so they basically cover their backs.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:09 pm

so they gave you wrong info regarding your application status last week?

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:05 pm

My application has been with HO for 4 weeks now - another one month before I hear anything from HO! - This is so frustrating! - I feel like calling HO but then I would go against my own policy of patience... :( - What number do you guys use to call HO anyway?
ferrarilondon wrote:what lionking? last week they said its with the case worker, and today they said its waiting to be picked up by case worker? this is a joke. i applied via NCS on 14th March and reached HO 16th . I am not going to call them until end of next week

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:23 pm

01516725626 is the number, same here I felt like calling them at least twice but I diverted my attention some where else.

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:35 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:01516725626 is the number, same here I felt like calling them at least twice but I diverted my attention some where else.
you are right, it becomes so difficult espcially someone like me, I have 7 visits planned to US, Canada & India this year. US ones are so awkeward as you need the same passport to travel that you booked your ticket

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:41 pm

Thanks ferrari for the HO number.

I am in a bit of a pickle too. I have booked my holiday to Spain - first week of July. Just wondering if I should actually wait it out for next 2 months (so recieve approval, book ceremony and apply for passport!) or just go and apply for Spanish visa on my Indian passport and then just wait till I get back from Spain before applying for ceremony (assuming I will have my approval).

Also, is there a time limit on applying for ceremony after you get the approval? :S
lionking007 wrote:
ferrarilondon wrote:01516725626 is the number, same here I felt like calling them at least twice but I diverted my attention some where else.
you are right, it becomes so difficult espcially someone like me, I have 7 visits planned to US, Canada & India this year. US ones are so awkeward as you need the same passport to travel that you booked your ticket

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:09 pm

Every one is in different problem, my wife and Kids all being British are threatening to leave without me and go to Disney Land Paris with my wife's brothers and sisters lol :lol: On my current nationality ( Pakistani ) i have to apply minimum 6 weeks before the proposed travel date with all proof of travel, accommodation and Travel insurance etc. I have no problem providing every thing but the hassle of going to embassy , submitting docs etc etc.

Any ways VSAndroid as far as I know you have 90 days to attend the ceremony after your approval letter. don't forget IPS clearly states that the passport processing time ( first adult passport ) can take longer in busy period i.e holidays, summer etc. So i think you should apply EU visa on your Indian passport