ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Travel to Other UK locations

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

danonne
Newly Registered

Tier 1 - Travel to Other UK locations

Post by danonne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:34 am

Hi

I don't know if this is the right place to post this so moderators feel free to move the thread.

I have been looking around on line and cannot find a proper, straight answer to my question so I remembered a bunch of people who were very helpful with getting my Tier 1 visa sorted and I thought maybe somebody here can also help with this.

I want to travel to British Overseas Territories - British Virgin Islands, Jersey, Gournsey, etc...

I have a South African Passport with the Tier 1 Visa in it. My Wife has a Russian passport with the Tier 1 Dependant Visa.

So, Can we travel to the Overseas Territories without any additional visas or do we need something special for those places?

The reason I ask is because I know that France for example require a separate visa to go to their overseas territories so if you have the French visa it will get you across Europe but not to their islands...

Thank you for your responses!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:30 am

Whether or not one needs a visa for a country that one wishes to travel to depends on the passport the person holds (i.e.- country of citizenship / nationality).

A "UK visa" allows travel within Common Travel Area only.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!