ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help in European Immigration

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AkashS
Member of Standing

Help in European Immigration

Post by AkashS » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:05 am

Hi Friends,

I am an Indian and working as Information Security Professional in one of the Indian Companies. I have studied Masters in Computer Systems Security from UK University.

Can any one please tell me about European Countries Immigration? How can I apply for them. I am interested in any country specially Luxembourg, Germany, Holland, Sweden, Belgium, Czeck Republic, Italy, France... In short any country except UK coz UK people are not very much interested in taking some one from outside EU.

I can speak and understand English very well and I have total 3+ Years of experience in IT Field. I am married and my Wife has Ph.D. in Health & Nutrition subject. She has 5+ years of experience in Teaching Diet & Nutrition subjects and 3.5 Years of experience as Consultant Dietician.

Please suggest me regarding this... Thanks.... :)
Last edited by AkashS on Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gani999

Re: Help in European Immigration

Post by gani999 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:48 pm

AkashS wrote:France... I short any country except UK coz UK people are not very much interested in taking some one from outside EU.

I :)
What are you on about? The UK hires more Indian IT pros that the whole of the EU combined!

Don't generalize just because YOU haven't been able to get a job in the UK.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:44 pm

gani999 wrote:
AkashS wrote:France... I short any country except UK coz UK people are not very much interested in taking some one from outside EU.

I :)
What are you on about? The UK hires more Indian IT pros that the whole of the EU combined!

Don't generalize just because YOU haven't been able to get a job in the UK.
That is true that UK Hires more Indian then any other European Country, but things are changing now. UK Home Office laws are very strict when it comes to Hire a Non-EU Person. Till not I have received 100s of calls (when I was there and also when I came back), and the very first question they ask is, Do you have Work Permit? Home Office say ""Show me an Employer and Employers say "Show me your Work Permit."

It's just matter of luck that I am not getting proper response bcoz of WP otherwise I am not less than any one when it comes to Skills and Qualification...

gani999

Post by gani999 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:25 am

AkashS wrote: Do you have Work Permit? Home Office say ""Show me an Employer and Employers say "Show me your Work Permit."

ok, EVERY EU nation requires work permits for non-EU nationals. There is no place in the EU where you can get a job without a work permit.

and getting a work permit is a bit of a hassle everywhere, I should think it is a lot easier to get a work permit in the UK than in other places.

At least the UK has a HSMP program, where you can actually enter the country without a work permit , and look for a job there.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:51 am

and getting a work permit is a bit of a hassle everywhere, I should think it is a lot easier to get a work permit in the UK than in other places.
I totally agree. I think you will find that the UK is probably the easiest country in Europe to get a work permit for. And, as far as I know, no other EU country has an equivalent to the HSMP visa which is entirely points-based and allows you to come here independently before you've even found a job.

In addition, from anecdotal evidence the other EU countries have much longer processing times when it comes to the issuing of work permits.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.