ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

just sent ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ghummy

just sent ILR application

Post by ghummy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:55 pm

hi guys, my wife has just sent her ILR under SET (M), we had a document check done by an advisor, however we did not submit photocopies of all the supporting documents

may i ask if this is a mandatory requirement, or something to save time, as it wasnt feasable as we would have had over 200 photocopied documents plus the originals, so about 400 pages of paperwork.

our advisor stated it is not a mandatory requirement, can anyone confirm this. i can see on the ukba site it states that not providing copies may delay decision, however thats under the public office bit which i can understand, but we sent it as postal.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:46 pm

The application shouldn't be refused because of it, but you sent far too many documents. The risk with having so many items to sift through is that the case worker will miss something important.
Hopefully, you've taken photocopies of important documents for your own records as there's no guarantee the Home Office will return 200 in the post.
How did you manage to list them all on the SET(M) form?

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:52 pm

well the only real document that spanned over 2 years were, my bank statements, and gas and electric bills.

the rest were just 3 council tax bills, and 3 water bill which come yearly along with phone bills, birth certificate and other stuff, gp registration cards etc.

so it was just the bank statements and bill which im not too bothered about them returning.

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:39 pm

so i shouldnt be worried about being refused or having the application rejected based on not sending photocopies? im pooping bricks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:28 pm

Don't worry:
Section 1 - Spouses wrote:NOTE: For applications dated on or after 01 August 2010, the SET(M) form requests that applicants submit both originals and photocopies of the documentation that is to be relied upon. If no photocopies are submitted, caseworkers should ensure that copies are made and placed on file. Copies of all documentary evidence submitted should be retained on file.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:06 pm

i cant help but think back at the documents we submitted...

we sent immunisation appointment letters for our daughter who is british, but they were addressed as "to the parent/guardian of ...."

i wonder if these show that we are still living together as a family unit even though they dont have our names on the letters, just our daughters...

i cant help but wonder if it would have made any difference if we sent them or not, or should we have added something else in there instead of these...

no real question.., one day after we sent the application, i recieved my new bank statement... do you think that will cause a problem as the latest bank statement in there was from 25 february. and because of the bank holiday weekend i didnt get a latest one for this month till yesterday.. sods law aint it.