ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding length of stay 2yr, with spouse- Claiming points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smb
Newly Registered

Regarding length of stay 2yr, with spouse- Claiming points

Post by smb » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:12 pm

Dear friends,

Have one query !!

My wife joined me to UK in dec 2003 after marriage in May 2003 and we had her name change on marriage certificate during that time. Her first and last name , both changed on marriage certificate only.

However she arrived to UK on her maiden name as shown in passport. As we haven;t had chance to change her name on passport then.

Her name was changed on passport to be married name in Feb 2006. First & last name both changed.

Having said all this, Inorder to claim points being married and living together with my wife , she does have many documents with her maiden name (evidence to prove address in UK and living together). This includes some bank statements , housing agreement and some utility bills.

Also , She does have some utility bills & bank statement with her married name since the name change in Feb 2006 to be produced along with to show the length of stay together.

However marriage cert links maiden and marriage name together and also the amendment on the passport done by Indian embassy as name change after marriage.

Can anyone pls suggest if this would create any issue ? any more supporting docs / explanatory note to be included along with ?

Pls advise

Regards
smb