ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR, periods of unemployment, medical insurance?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juso73

PR, periods of unemployment, medical insurance?

Post by juso73 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:24 pm

Dear All,

my husband (Brazilian) got his PR in August last year after an awful long wait. One month later and a few letters to the UKBA and our local MP we even managed to get our missing documents (P45/60s, marriage certificate etc) back...

He now wants to apply for BC just after he has held his PR for 12 months in August 2011. My question is the following (and sorry if this has been answered before but I don't seem to be able to find it):

- Will he still have to provide proof that he has been a resident here for the last 6 years despite having the PR sticker and letter from the UKBA? I.e. does he have to fill in section 3 of the AN and do so for the whole 6 years?

When we applied for PR he applied as my dependent (EEA - I am German), so whilst he had a few breaks in his employment I was continuously employed and as a result the comprehensive medical insurance was not an issue. Whilst we sent proof of his residence for the whole time too, we mainly did so for myself as the main applicant. For the BC he was planning to apply now on his own, not as my dependent. Will medical insurance then become an issue? Or is he covered for the whole time or at least the first five years as my dependent?

- Since he has held the PR (August 2010) he has worked as a contractor, initially with an umbrella company (3 months), then with his own Limited company (1 months), was then without work for 3 months and is now permanently employed at a new company since 20 March 2011. I am now concerned that the 3 months without work will be a problem in terms of medical insurance?! Or does he still count as my dependant despite having his PR? I was employed the whole time and have only now lost my job through redundancy (from 1 April 2011, so after he has started his new employment).

- Sorry if this is very confusing...Basically I would like to know whether there could be any issue regarding medical insurance for any period during the last 6 years and if so what we could do about it...

- I would also like to know how he should best fill in section 3 for the whole 6 years - doing the first 5 years based on being my dependent and then the last ear only based on himself? If so, does this mean we have to provide my documents yet again?

- We are planning to use the NCI - should we just take absolutely any document we can think about (I still have the folder sitting here from last year's application) and go there together?

Thanks so much for your help! The PR application was a total nightmare so I am just hoping it will be a bit easier this time...

juso73

Post by juso73 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:32 pm

Hello, anyone on this one? Thanks a lot!!

JA13I

Post by JA13I » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:11 pm

The nationality application is a lot easier. Since he already has the document certifying PR, he will not need to show the P60. However, some NCS may not be clearly tuned into that fact. So, I would advice you to ring all the NCSs near you and find one that knows what the proof of exercising treaty rights is not required once the document certifying PR has been issued.
Jabi