ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent plzz advice

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

farhan001

Urgent plzz advice

Post by farhan001 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:42 pm

My appeal hearing date is on 16th may......I hv to send my supporting documents to the tribunal....my question is do i need to send the same set of supporting documents to the HomeOffice aswell ????? and im goin on my own for hearing no Soliciter.....what kind of questions do i expect my visa was refuse because homeoffice did not accept my brother as my legal guardian....now im providing a letter from the court to prove im in his guardianship....plzzzz advice thanxxxx

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Urgent plzz advice

Post by terriblescream » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:49 pm

farhan001 wrote:My appeal hearing date is on 16th may......I hv to send my supporting documents to the tribunal....my question is do i need to send the same set of supporting documents to the HomeOffice aswell ????? and im goin on my own for hearing no Soliciter.....what kind of questions do i expect my visa was refuse because homeoffice did not accept my brother as my legal guardian....now im providing a letter from the court to prove im in his guardianship....plzzzz advice thanxxxx

You can go yourself dont really have to get your brother.

You need to send the same set of documents to the Presenting Officers Unit, their address would have been provided to you in the appeal corresponding letters, the home office representative will turn up at the appeal, sometimes they dont.

The judge will call your name in turns, probably you go first since you do not have a solicitor but it take be in any order.

The Judge might have a chance to see the documents before the hearing or else he will see that moment, he will ask you if you have anything to say regarding the refusal.

Just shoot your grounds of appeal and say everything you want too. He will ask you relevant refusal questions, depending upon your refusal reasons.

Most of the judges reserve their decision to a later day and post it to you but some judges are good enough to give an instant decision which is recorded and then sent out to in the post.

farhan001

Post by farhan001 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:57 pm

Thankzz for ur advice really appriciated....im not goin through any solicitor shall i take these as a plus point cause many people r sayin judge will consider if the student defend themselfs on there own

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:02 pm

farhan001 wrote:Thankzz for ur advice really appriciated....im not goin through any solicitor shall i take these as a plus point cause many people r sayin judge will consider if the student defend themselfs on there own
Judge will only consider Immigration Rules and your grounds of appeal there is nothing such as a student going without a solicitor will get an edge over the one going without.

If the case is straight-forward there is no use of solicitor, only complex cases where references are required or deep knowledge of immigration rules then solicitor recommeded.

As I do not know the nature of your refusal I cannot comment on it.

farhan001

Post by farhan001 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:26 pm

thankz for ur reply....they refused me because they did not accept my brother as my legal guardian.....i showed my brother as my sponser in my previous extensions aswell n it was succesfull.......now im going to provide a document frm the court sayin tat im in his guardianship......n 1 more thing when i lodge my appeal i selected paper hearing but the letter i recieved frm the tribunal says i hv to be present on tat day...is it a mistake frm the tribunal or they really want me to be present phycially for my hearing ??? thankz

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:28 pm

farhan001 wrote:thankz for ur reply....they refused me because they did not accept my brother as my legal guardian.....i showed my brother as my sponser in my previous extensions aswell n it was succesfull.......now im going to provide a document frm the court sayin tat im in his guardianship......n 1 more thing when i lodge my appeal i selected paper hearing but the letter i recieved frm the tribunal says i hv to be present on tat day...is it a mistake frm the tribunal or they really want me to be present phycially for my hearing ??? thankz
If you have done it in the past and was successful you might as well this time too, well if they have asked you to appear with a date and time and location, then probably they have made a mistake and considered it an oral hearing. Paper hearings dont require you to be present.

Phone up the tribunal if you arent too sure..

ash786
BANNED

Re: Urgent plzz advice

Post by ash786 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:31 pm

farhan001 wrote:My appeal hearing date is on 16th may......I hv to send my supporting documents to the tribunal....my question is do i need to send the same set of supporting documents to the HomeOffice aswell ????? and im goin on my own for hearing no Soliciter.....what kind of questions do i expect my visa was refuse because homeoffice did not accept my brother as my legal guardian....now im providing a letter from the court to prove im in his guardianship....plzzzz advice thanxxxx
1. If that was the whole reason for rejection then all u need is the court letter confirming that your brother is your legal guardian.
2. You could have easily won on paper hearing as well.
3. Do remember the court letter confirming you guardianship is the main document and shud be according to the UKBA instructions.

farhan001

Post by farhan001 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:06 pm

thankzz alot for ur replyzz.......how long will it take for the decision if i go for paper hearing ???......and what do u reckon for me shall i go for paper hearing or i should go persnally ???? plzzz thank u

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:08 pm

farhan001 wrote:thankzz alot for ur replyzz.......how long will it take for the decision if i go for paper hearing ???......and what do u reckon for me shall i go for paper hearing or i should go persnally ???? plzzz thank u
I'd prefer oral hearing :) depends on the judge some take 1 week some 2 or even a month.

Some judges on the oral hearing give a decision same day!

farhan001

Post by farhan001 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:18 pm

thankzzz 4 ur replyzzz hope da verdict goes in my favor :D

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:20 pm

farhan001 wrote:thankzz alot for ur replyzz.......how long will it take for the decision if i go for paper hearing ???......and what do u reckon for me shall i go for paper hearing or i should go persnally ???? plzzz thank u
1. If you want a quick decision then oral hearing otherwise paper.
2. I am keep saying that make sure your court letter is according to the UKBA instructions.
3. As long as u prove that which i am sure you will then u will get u visa.
4. Best of luck.....

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:22 pm

farhan001 wrote:thankzzz 4 ur replyzzz hope da verdict goes in my favor :D
Good Luck...

farhan001

Post by farhan001 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:41 pm

I will provide them that court document.......thankz alot to both of u ash & scream.....appriciated.....thank u