ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP (JR)Dependants visa near Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iqbal.5
Newly Registered

HSMP (JR)Dependants visa near Extension

Post by iqbal.5 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:05 pm

Hi All.
I am on HSMP (JR policy) visa (3 years) my extension is due in Nov 2011,
I have 4 dependants, two of them got the visa about 2 years back, while my two younger children yet not get the visa, as I am planning to apply there visa in next three weeks.
Some body told me that when your extension is due in next six months HO normally not permitting visas.
My question is.
'' Is it true or not''
If it is true than What I have to do as I am really in confusion.
In advance Thanks.
:?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: HSMP (JR)Dependants visa near Extension

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:45 pm

Are the 2 younger children already in UK (i.e.- born in the UK and did not apply for leave) or outside the UK?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

iqbal.5
Newly Registered

Post by iqbal.5 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:40 am

sushdmehta wrote:Are the 2 younger children already in UK (i.e.- born in the UK and did not apply for leave) or outside the UK?
Thanks for reply Sushdmehta, My wife & my elder son got visa two years back,My son is now in uk, While my wife is in Pakistan (she came uk last year & than go back to Pakistan) because my two younger children are their.2 years back the Visa of these two children were not applied by me with my wife & elder son because of funds matters.
Now I want to apply there visa.
Thanks.

iqbal.5
Newly Registered

Post by iqbal.5 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:33 am

iqbal.5 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Are the 2 younger children already in UK (i.e.- born in the UK and did not apply for leave) or outside the UK?
Thanks for reply Sushdmehta, My wife & my elder son got visa two years back,My son is now in uk, While my wife is in Pakistan (she came uk last year & than go back to Pakistan) because my two younger children are their.2 years back the Visa of these two children were not applied by me with my wife & elder son because of funds matters.
Now I want to apply there visa.
Thanks.
Mr.Sushmehta,
Can you please comment.
Thanks in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:26 am

There is no restriction to suggest or state that a dependant visa will not / cannot be issued if the main migrant has less than six months of leave remaining.

But do remember that the expiry date of dependants' visa will be same as the expiry date of the main migrant's current leave. So, if your children apply anytime before Nov. '11, they will be issued leave to enter valid until the date in Nov '11 that your leave is valid.

iqbal.5
Newly Registered

Post by iqbal.5 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:57 am

sushdmehta wrote:There is no restriction to suggest or state that a dependant visa will not / cannot be issued if the main migrant has less than six months of leave remaining.

But do remember that the expiry date of dependants' visa will be same as the expiry date of the main migrant's current leave. So, if your children apply anytime before Nov. '11, they will be issued leave to enter valid until the date in Nov '11 that your leave is valid.
Thank you very much Mr.Sushdmehta. I really appreciate your knowledge & the way you give the solution of the problem.
Yes, I know that my children will get visa up till Nov 2011 when my visa expire, Is it not better that my whole family should be here when I go for Extension in Nov 11.
What you say please.
Thanks in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:09 pm

If the 2 children apply for entry clearance, travel to UK and apply for extension, the total cost (assuming current fees will not change in the interim) will be PKR 227200 (113600 *2) for entry clearance and then GBP 550 (275*2) for extension (postal application).

If the 2 children apply for entry clearance after you are granted extension, then you save the GBP 550.

So, it is a choice between cost and pleasure of having your children with you sooner. Your decision!

iqbal.5
Newly Registered

Post by iqbal.5 » Sun May 01, 2011 1:00 am

sushdmehta wrote:If the 2 children apply for entry clearance, travel to UK and apply for extension, the total cost (assuming current fees will not change in the interim) will be PKR 227200 (113600 *2) for entry clearance and then GBP 550 (275*2) for extension (postal application).

If the 2 children apply for entry clearance after you are granted extension, then you save the GBP 550.

So, it is a choice between cost and pleasure of having your children with you sooner. Your decision!
Great Reply Mr.Sushdmehta, I love your very very positive approach.
And I love too..............the 2nd answer in your above reply & you know why because one of my younger son gonna 18 year of old exactly on 28th oct 2011, while my visa expiry date is 26 Nov 2011. This is another interesting situation.
So, if my son get the visa Shall I can go for extension before 26th Oct 2011 to show my this younger son as my dependent in extension application.
what you say, please reply.
Thanks once again Mr.Sushdmehta.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 01, 2011 7:58 am

iqbal.5 wrote:one of my younger son gonna 18 year of old exactly on 28th oct 2011
If he is one of the children who is yet to travel to UK, then I would "strongly"suggest that he applies for entry clearance now and travel to live with you in the UK before he turns 18.

Applying for extension before your child turns 18 is a wise choice ... even if it just 1/2 days before the birthday.

iqbal.5
Newly Registered

Post by iqbal.5 » Sun May 01, 2011 5:41 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
iqbal.5 wrote:one of my younger son gonna 18 year of old exactly on 28th oct 2011
If he is one of the children who is yet to travel to UK, then I would "strongly"suggest that he applies for entry clearance now and travel to live with you in the UK before he turns 18.

Applying for extension before your child turns 18 is a wise choice ... even if it just 1/2 days before the birthday.
Yeah.... He is one of my son who yet to get visa & travel to Uk.But my query is;-
My this son(D.O.B 28.10.1993) shall be 18 yrs old (my visa expired on 26th Nov 2011)that means I need to apply for extension on or after 30th Oct 2011, when 28 days left for my visa expiry & if I go to apply for extension on or after 30th Oct this mean my son shall be 18 years & 2 days old. And this means I can't show him as my dependent.
So, can I go for extension before 28th Oct 2011 to show my son as my dependent.
Shall it affect any thing.
Thanks & Regards.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 01, 2011 7:53 pm

Post your application between 20-Oct-11 and 26-Oct-11, when your child is less than 18.
Keep proof of posting in safe custody.

iqbal.5
Newly Registered

Post by iqbal.5 » Sun May 01, 2011 11:27 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Post your application between 20-Oct-11 and 26-Oct-11, when your child is less than 18.
Keep proof of posting in safe custody.
Thanks Mr.Sushdmehta, Shall I can submit application in person on window or by post, Which one is better for me?
Please reply & thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 02, 2011 1:37 am

Your choice.

iqbal.5
Newly Registered

Post by iqbal.5 » Sat May 21, 2011 7:57 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Your choice.
Hi. I am planning to apply for my these two children visa in next week.Can you please tell me

''Which VISA APPLICATION FORM (VAF) we need to fill?
Regards.

iqbal.5
Newly Registered

Post by iqbal.5 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:04 am

iqbal.5 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Your choice.
Hi. I am planning to apply for my these two children visa in next week.Can you please tell me

''Which VISA APPLICATION FORM (VAF) we need to fill?
Regards.
Hi Mr.Sushdmehta.
Can you please tell me which VAF I need to fill for my two children for EC. Its URGENT as I am going to submit the EC application in next few days.
Tanks in advance & waiting for your reply.