ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 query: need passport back for employer confirmation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

archieandrews33
Newly Registered

Tier 1 query: need passport back for employer confirmation

Post by archieandrews33 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi All,

I have a somewhat unusual situation and need urgent views:

1. I am currently in the UK on Tier 4 student visa

2. I applied under the premium service at the Birmingham PEO on 24th March (switching from Tier 4 to Tier 1) and was told by the case officer verbally that they will grant me the Tier 1 visa. However, after I did the biometric testing the same day, they said they need to complete some verifications as I had submitted non-UK pay slips as proof of earnings

3. After a month of submission of documents and completing the biometric, I haven't received my passport as yet

4. In the meantime, I have received an offer for an internship and my employer needs to verify the original UK visa from the passport - it doesn't matter if it is Tier 4 or Tier 1 so long as I show them the original passport

5. Now I am in a fix - I don't need the passport to travel outside of the UK, but just for verification. If I ask for a return of the passport, will my application be treated as withdrawn? How long does the withdrawal process take? I need to show my original passport latest by 25th May.

6. Would appreciate any advice on the best way for me. I called the UKBA helpline several times, but just received the standard reply to wait till 14 weeks. Is there any way to ask them to return the passport so I can show it to my employer and return it back to UKBA without withdrawing my application?

thanks,

archieandrews33
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 query: need passport back for employer confirmati

Post by archieandrews33 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:20 am

archieandrews33 wrote:Hi All,

2. I applied under the premium service at the Birmingham PEO on 24th March (switching from Tier 4 to Tier 1) and was told by the case officer verbally that they will grant me the Tier 1 visa. However, after I did the biometric testing the same day, they said they need to complete some verifications as I had submitted non-UK pay slips as proof of earnings

3. After a month of submission of documents and completing the biometric, I haven't received my passport as yet

4. In the meantime, I have received an offer for an internship and my employer needs to verify the original UK visa from the passport - it doesn't matter if it is Tier 4 or Tier 1 so long as I show them the original passport

5. Now I am in a fix - I don't need the passport to travel outside of the UK, but just for verification. If I ask for a return of the passport, will my application be treated as withdrawn? How long does the withdrawal process take? I need to show my original passport latest by 25th May.

6. Would appreciate any advice on the best way for me. I called the UKBA helpline several times, but just received the standard reply to wait till 14 weeks. Is there any way to ask them to return the passport so I can show it to my employer and return it back to UKBA without withdrawing my application?

thanks,
Hi all, can someone please help me with suggestions here?

muji111

Calls and emails

Post by muji111 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:47 pm

Hi

I can understand ur situation same happen before with me. U need to ask the same question from ukba through emails and phone calls but one email or one phone call will not be enough. A bombardment of emails and phone call may get u some results.

regards,

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 1 query: need passport back for employer confirmati

Post by PaperPusher » Mon May 02, 2011 8:58 pm

Suggest to your prospective employer that they use the employer checking service.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/emplo ... pport/ecs/

The answer to your question at 6 is amost certainly no.
archieandrews33 wrote:
archieandrews33 wrote:Hi All,

thanks,
Hi all, can someone please help me with suggestions here?