ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years Long Residence Urgent Help Plz

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKILR
BANNED

10 Years Long Residence Urgent Help Plz

Post by UKILR » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:35 pm

Dear Members, i am applying for my ILR in June 2011. However, i am stuck on the following question. I inquired from an immigration laywer but he is charging me a lot of money and i can not really afford the fee. Kindly help me to answer the following,

6.3 When did you last enter the UK?

For 6.3 is it the information from Entry clearance or last time i entered the UK. I went to my home country in 2009 and came back after 1 mont. So is it the date i put in the form?

I am providing the following documents,

My passport and life in the UK test.

I have no gaps, no convictions, no adverse immigration history. I have 8 years as student and 2 years in PSW

khan2015

Re: 10 Years Long Residence Urgent Help Plz

Post by khan2015 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:42 pm

UKILR wrote:Dear Members, i am applying for my ILR in June 2011. However, i am stuck on the following question. I inquired from an immigration laywer but he is charging me a lot of money and i can not really afford the fee. Kindly help me to answer the following,

For 6.3 is it the information from Entry clearance or last time i entered the UK. I went to my home country in 2009 and came back after 1 mont. So is it the date i put in the form?

I have no gaps, no convictions, no adverse immigration history. I have 8 years as student and 2 years in PSW
The date when you last entered in UK for example as you have mentioned that in 2009 you was away for 1 month.let's say if you started your holidays on 15th September 2009 and you entered on 16th October in the UK.Then 16th October 2009 you have to mention in that space.
anything else you need to know?

UKILR
BANNED

Post by UKILR » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:57 pm

khan2015 wrote:
UKILR wrote:Dear Members, i am applying for my ILR in June 2011. However, i am stuck on the following question. I inquired from an immigration laywer but he is charging me a lot of money and i can not really afford the fee. Kindly help me to answer the following,

The date when you last entered in UK for example as you have mentioned that in 2009 you was away for 1 month.let's say if you started your holidays on 15th September 2009 and you entered on 16th October in the UK.Then 16th October 2009 you have to mention in that space.
anything else you need to know?
Thank you for your help and advice.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:13 pm

1. Also make sure that you pay by Postal Orders to avoid any payment problem.
2. Nowadays, UKBA looking for any reason to reject the application

UKILR
BANNED

Post by UKILR » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:20 pm

[quote="ash786"][quote="UKILR"]Dear Members, i am applying for my ILR in June 2011. However, i am stuck on the following question. I inquired from an immigration laywer but he is charging me a lot of money and i can not really afford the fee. Kindly help me to answer the following,

I have no gaps, no convictions, no adverse immigration history. I have 8 years as student and 2 years in PSW[/quote]

2. Nowadays, UKBA looking for any reason to reject the application[/quote]

Ash786, thank you for this valuable suggestion as i always pay by card but i am not going to do this for the ILR and will use postal orders. I really appreciate your help.....

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:24 pm

UKILR wrote:
ash786 wrote:

2. Nowadays, UKBA looking for any reason to reject the application
Ash786, thank you for this valuable suggestion as i always pay by card but i am not going to do this for the ILR and will use postal orders. I really appreciate your help.....
1. Not a problem and let me know if you need any further help on completing the form... Gud Luck....

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:17 am

adamboston wrote:Thanks ash and khan2015 for the advice as I'm in the similar situation as UKILR's. Can I just ask a question; why postal order is preferred over card or cheque as to my understanding by giving card details we would have the proof of payment made to UKBA. Due to lack of knowledge and no experience of using postal order I wonder what's the best way to keep a proof of postal order? A receipt or photocopy or something else?

BTW it has been 3 weeks I sent my sar request and UKBA debited my account (sent cheque) 6 days after receiving the request. I am sure there are no gaps, the only one I not sure about is first extension in 2002 when my university had sent my application which I gave them 3 weeks before the expiry of my then leave. I'm really hoping that they sent my application on time as the next leave was stamped 28 days after the expiry of previous leave which should be covered by 3C. So finger crossed.

And yes UKILR good luck with your application and please don't forget to update us with your the progress of your application.

Bless u all.
1. The reason is that UKBA payment processing unit sometimes can make mistakes while typing your card number and hence can not take payment and the caseworker send your application back saying invalid application due to payment not being taken.
2. By the time HO return your application u leave has already expired and there you go problem starts (there is a sticky post on this issue).
3. I am not saying that it happens all the time but has happened on many occasions.
4. Even you gave them the correct details, they can make a mistake in taking the payment.
5. Wen u get postal orders, u can keep the stubbs attached to the postal order as your proof of payment and the receipt post office gives you for the postal orders.
6. As long as the application was submitted then does not matter wen they issue you the visa as u leave is extended under section 3C which you already mentioned.

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:17 am

Thanks ash and khan2015 for the advice as I'm in the similar situation as UKILR's. Can I just ask a question; why postal order is preferred over card or cheque as to my understanding by giving card details or paying by cheque we would have the proof of payment made to UKBA. Due to lack of knowledge and no experience of using postal order I wonder what's the best way to keep a proof of postal order? A receipt or photocopy or something else?

BTW it has been 3 weeks I sent my sar request and UKBA debited my account (sent cheque) 6 days after receiving the request. I am sure there are no gaps, the only one I am not sure about is my first extension in 2002 when my university sent my application which I gave them 3 weeks before the expiry of my then leave. I'm really hoping that they had sent my application on time as the next leave was stamped 28 days after the expiry of previous leave which should be covered by 3C. So finger crossed.

And yes UKILR good luck with your application and please don't forget to update us with the progress of your application.

Bless u all.

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:24 am

Thanks ash for the prompt reply. In fact I was editing my previous post :lol: and at the same time u replied, means you are the winner. :D

Yes what u r saying makes more sense, yes I'll send the postal order just to be at the safer side.

Thanks again.

UKILR
BANNED

Post by UKILR » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:41 am

Ash786, thank you for your help. You are right to say about the payment problem. My friend was in the same situation, he sent his Tier 4 from and used his credit card and guess wat happended. HO sent it back saying that they could not take any payment because of the credit card number problem. Luckily, he took a photocpy of the from and matched it with his credit card and it was same. He was lucky that he still had valid leave left so applied again with postal orders and it was approved.

So wat u said above makes sense and i have seen it myself. Also it was his last extension before his 10 years and he has already applied and just waiting for the good news now. His whole life and career wud have been in great problem if he did not have valid leave from the last extension before it got rejected.

This forum is great... :o

khan2015

Post by khan2015 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:57 am

adamboston wrote:Thanks ash for the prompt reply. In fact I was editing my previous post :lol: and at the same time u replied, means you are the winner. :D

Yes what u r saying makes more sense, yes I'll send the postal order just to be at the safer side.

Thanks again.
Hi adam,If you send your debit card/credit card details/postal order with your application as long as you entered the right details in the form and you have a photocopy of that form.There shouldn't be any problem If the HO send you your form back because of payment problems.Just make sure there shouldn't be any mistake from your side If the HO do,then you can claim but If you do you might have some problem but as long as your current leave is valid and you have enough time
to apply for your ILR then there is no problem at all.
Best of luck all of you guys.

UKILR
BANNED

Post by UKILR » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:48 pm

I wud still say use postal orders but i guess its your own choice. Like Ash786 has advised and my friend's case, much safer to apply with postal orders. Even you have put right information and get your application back after your leave expired what would be the point of making any complain as HO can easily say yes the details were right but it could not be authorised and there you go you are wasting your time.

I agree with Ash786 as it happended to my friend and postal orders are safe when you apply for any extension and your leave is due to expire soon or while your application is with HO (My personal opinion i guess).