ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving offences

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jandada
Newly Registered

Post by jandada » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:12 am

Dear People,

I applied provisional Driving licence(Uk) in 2004 and to my surprise i received full Uk driving licence after 3-4 weeks.
I consulted couple of mates and i was told that it was luck so keep it.
Since then i kept the licence along with counter part with 6 point.
When i received counter part in 2004 it showed 6 penalty points CU80.
Now i received a another letter from dvla month ago that i must send my licence back for another court conviction.I did not send the licence and week ago i received another letter from dvla that my D Licence has been revoked.I foned the dvla and explain that i never had any driving convictions and they said if i never had any points or court convictions then i must call to court and appeal against it.
Can you suggest me what to do in this satiation as i am due to apply for Indefinite stay(UK) in 4 months and I heard that HO might reject me due to these convictions.
How can i prove to the court that its not me.
Thanks

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:01 am

Can you explain exactly the process by which you applied for the licence?
- i.e. did you fill the form in yourself, what was your immigration status at the time, what evidence of your identity and immigration status did you provide, where did you take/send the form, what fee did you pay, by what method did you receive the licence?

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:18 pm

jandada wrote:Dear People,

I applied provisional Driving licence(Uk) in 2004 and to my surprise i received full Uk driving licence after 3-4 weeks.
Now i received a another letter from dvla month ago that i must send my licence back for another court conviction.I did not send the licence and week ago i received another letter from dvla that my D Licence has been revoked.I foned the dvla and explain that i never had any driving convictions and they said if i never had any points or court convictions then i must call to court and appeal against it.
Can you suggest me what to do in this satiation as i am due to apply for Indefinite stay(UK) in 4 months and I heard that HO might reject me due to these convictions.
Thanks
so you lied and took advantage of a mistake by DVLA and now when there is a problem, you dont want anything to do with the points?

i think u may have trouble, even if you can appeal in court against revoked licence, your argument will most likely be based on mistaken identity by DVLA. if thats the case then DVLA may bring another case against you of fraud.....

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:58 pm

jandada wrote:Dear People,

Thanks
1. If you received a full licence by mistake then shud have informed the DVLA without any delay.
2. You listened to your friends and kept it cuz u got lucky.
3. Well that luck has become your bad luck for ILR.
4. You have got a bit of explanation to do to both, the court and the DVLA.
5. In my opinion, even if they accept that it was a mistake, their question to you will be "why u didn't inform the DVLA".
6. Like others pointed out, u can be prosecuted for not informing the dvla and using a false identity.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:56 pm

I'm taking a guess that you received someone's driving licence who had the same name as you.
I'm not condoning the fact that you didn't inform the DVLA that they should have issued you with a Provisional licence...but neither am I here to judge you.
You may be able to say you weren't aware it was a full licence and that you'd received it in error, but that's your decision, I can't advise you. Presumably the genuine owner of the licence has clocked up a number of driving offenses.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:07 pm

When you first applied for a UK driving licence, did you already have a full licence from another country? If yes, what country?

Just wondering if there was a logical reason why DVLA might have issued a full licence to you.
John

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:17 pm

John, the reason I suspected the Op's received someone else's full licence is due to the comment that when he received it there appears to have been 6 points already on the licence.
"When i received counter part in 2004 it showed 6 penalty points CU80"

jandada
Newly Registered

Post by jandada » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:59 pm

Dear People,

Thanks a lot for your opinions its much appreciated.
Actually I applied for provisional licence.The never had any sort of international licence and I followed the same step which other people do to apply for Provisional licence.I was on student visa on that time.When i applied i simply fill the form & got attested my photo and sent it along with my passport after 2/3 weeks i received Full Uk driving licence along with counter part which had 6 points already.Honestly I wasnot sure why i received that licence but I consulted and i was told to check with DVLA and if they have my record then i should keep quite.I called up DLVA and give my driver no and inquire about the penalty and i was told that it was paid by me already.
I know its become bad luck for me now and I am so worried.I have 2 kinds now and what i will do if DVLA turn the case against me.I wrote a letter to DVLA about 2 weeks ago in which i explained that i never had any point/offences and it must be mistake or id fraud and DVLA done the check and said that i need to check court that these penalty points/offences were wrong.I will call the court after holidays but i am very confused.

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:43 am

same thing happened with my friend back in 2001. he applied for provisional licence and got full UK driving licence. he kept this licence. there was another man with the same name and DOB. after 10 years DVLA caught him and his case is now in court. you said you are not aware of points, you are right and its the other guy with same name and DOB. God bless you my friend.

jandada
Newly Registered

Post by jandada » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:10 pm

Did DVLA filed case against him?
What type of case they filed and how long it will take?
Do you think the court can put penalty or any severe punishment?
Whats the maximum penalty can be?
What do you think i have to do.
Shall i inform DVLA or just apply for replacement licence and carried on driving.
Any suggestions would be helpful
Thanks

tintin

Post by tintin » Thu May 05, 2011 11:27 am

jandana, you will have to be very careful with your ILR application.

This whole episode involves dishonesty and they clealy say that any incidents involving dishonesty will not be ignored.

You must clear this matter before applying for ILR.