ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU national & non EU got married. what next?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

io_anca
Newly Registered

EU national & non EU got married. what next?

Post by io_anca » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:56 am

HI
Im a EU national and recently got married to a non EU national at registry office. what should we do next in order to obtain visa for my husband? Ive heard there is a window service at the Office in Liverpool, that doesnt take that long, can he apply there? or what is the best way to do it now? a few solicitors that we asked told us different things, i sometimes doubt that they know what they are talking about.
i need your advice.

Thank you

JA13I

Post by JA13I » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:58 am

The premium service in Liverpool is protracted to cost 300 pounds WHEN it starts. As far as I know, no timeline has been given for its commencement. So currently, postal application for Residence Card using EEA2 seems to be the only way forward.
Jabi

io_anca
Newly Registered

Post by io_anca » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:02 am

JA13I wrote:The premium service in Liverpool is protracted to cost 300 pounds WHEN it starts. As far as I know, no timeline has been given for its commencement. So currently, postal application for Residence Card using EEA2 seems to be the only way forward.
thanks for replying. do u know how long does it normally take if i send a postal application? i waited one whole year for the approval from HO, it seems these things take a lot of time in this country

jrge

Post by jrge » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:09 pm

do u know how long does it normally take if i send a postal application?
I’ve extracted this information from:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... /applying/

Processing times:

The time taken to process your application will depend on the type of application you make and how you submit it. We deal with all applications within 6 months. Some applications will be resolved much sooner.

To help us to focus on deciding applications as soon as possible, please do not phone or write to ask about the progress of your application unless you need a passport or other document urgently.

You can also find this link useful:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0

Good luck!
Life is short, so let's get moving!
* Passport received: Family Permit approved AUG-22, 2011
* Landed in the UK: DEC-04TH-2011
* Received RC: MAR-21ST-2012
* Back to North-America Jul 2012

mimine30

Post by mimine30 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:24 am

Eea2 application will be processed in any event within 6 months that's the rule and the home office eu ofive seem to be very speedy those day now it's about 3 months
So answer to your question is eea2and 1application is the only way forward
Good luck