ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MY FIANCE & SPONSOR IS FUNDED BY UK SPORT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

angelica salazar
Newly Registered

MY FIANCE & SPONSOR IS FUNDED BY UK SPORT

Post by angelica salazar » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:24 pm

My fiance is paid for being a full time athlete in UK and is training for 2012 olympics, the payment comes from UK Sport. I´m wondering if this could be a potential argument for visa refusal as I´m not sure if this counts as public funds (i havent applied yet ) . He´ s british citizen and I´m colombian citizen. Please, I would appreciate to hear your points of view regarding my visa aplication. Thanks! Regards! Kika

UK Sport is the strategic lead body for high performance sport in the UK. It invests Exchequer and National Lottery funds in Britain’s best Olympic and Paralympic sports and athletes to maximise their chances of success on the world stage. For London and beyond, a third stream of private sector funding - Team 2012 - complements this public investment.