ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier2 from PSW

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

k_k
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier2 from PSW

Post by k_k » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:19 am

Hi, Kindly help me, I have the following questions,

1. I was a student last year and my MSc was taught in English. Do I need to take a English language test? I have taken IELTS in 2008, is it still valid? If I need to take a new test at present, which one would be better, your suggestions?

2. What is labor market test? My job was posted in the company website, I applied and I was called for interview. Does my employer need to do labor market test?

3. My current annual salary is 23,000 GBP per annum. I work as a Project Engineer. Am I eligible to apply?

4. I started working with my company few weeks after I completed my course, when I was still on student visa, I was on probation that time. Two weeks ago I was entitled as a Permanent Employee. I strted working in late September. My student visa was valid till November and I got PSW in late December. So in my Certificate of sponsorship the start date should be my actual strt date when I was on student visa or the date I got PSW or the date I completed my probation period?

Please reply

Many Thanks

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Applying for Tier2 from PSW

Post by terriblescream » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:34 pm

k_k wrote:Hi, Kindly help me, I have the following questions,

1. I was a student last year and my MSc was taught in English. Do I need to take a English language test? I have taken IELTS in 2008, is it still valid? If I need to take a new test at present, which one would be better, your suggestions?

2. What is labor market test? My job was posted in the company website, I applied and I was called for interview. Does my employer need to do labor market test?

3. My current annual salary is 23,000 GBP per annum. I work as a Project Engineer. Am I eligible to apply?

4. I started working with my company few weeks after I completed my course, when I was still on student visa, I was on probation that time. Two weeks ago I was entitled as a Permanent Employee. I strted working in late September. My student visa was valid till November and I got PSW in late December. So in my Certificate of sponsorship the start date should be my actual strt date when I was on student visa or the date I got PSW or the date I completed my probation period?

Please reply

Many Thanks
1. Your MSc would be enough for English requirement since it is a PBS application.

2. You do not have to pass the Resident Labor Market Test(RLMT) since you are switching from PSW to Tier 2 but bear in mind that you will have to be employed with your employer for atleast 6months if you want to switch and avoid RLMT.

3. You will have to check SOC if your post meets the minimum salary, if your job title doesnt match look for he closest
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... duate-cop/

4. You shouldnt have been working for your employer on a student visa to fill in a permanent full time vacancy since it is a violation. Since you are now permanent at your job with your employer you will have to wait 6months to switch into Tier 2 in order to avoid RLMT. So your employement should be from PSW visa

k_k
Newly Registered

Post by k_k » Sun May 01, 2011 11:53 am

Thank you very much

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Sun May 01, 2011 1:01 pm

You shouldnt have been working for your employer on a student visa to fill in a permanent full time vacancy since it is a violation. Since you are now permanent at your job with your employer you will have to wait 6months to switch into Tier 2 in order to avoid RLMT. So your employment should be from PSW visa
I dont think there is a problem if he has worked for his employer on student visa as student visa holder is allowed to work full time during vacations and after finishing the degree. (he should keep a letter from college/uni , what date he finished his last exam and stopped attending institute) from the date he started waiting for his result after last exam, he is allowed to work full time. so I believe as long as it has been six months, since he started working after finishing studies, he can apply for Tier 2 .

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sun May 01, 2011 3:37 pm

mt_dilber wrote:
You shouldnt have been working for your employer on a student visa to fill in a permanent full time vacancy since it is a violation. Since you are now permanent at your job with your employer you will have to wait 6months to switch into Tier 2 in order to avoid RLMT. So your employment should be from PSW visa
I dont think there is a problem if he has worked for his employer on student visa as student visa holder is allowed to work full time during vacations and after finishing the degree. (he should keep a letter from college/uni , what date he finished his last exam and stopped attending institute) from the date he started waiting for his result after last exam, he is allowed to work full time. so I believe as long as it has been six months, since he started working after finishing studies, he can apply for Tier 2 .
Yes true mt_dilber but the person shouldn't be filling a PERMANENT role on a student visa.

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Sun May 01, 2011 5:17 pm

Yes true mt_dilber but the person shouldn't be filling a PERMANENT role on a student visa.
yes but his job became permanent on PSW, two weeks ago.

Two weeks ago I was entitled as a Permanent Employee. I started working in late September. My student visa was valid till November and I got PSW in late December

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Sun May 01, 2011 5:23 pm

In sponsorship management system, when you apply for COS, it asks for job start date and job end date, so nothing to get afraid of the word 'permanent'. You can give actual start date and give end date slightly more than 3 years as your Tier 2 will be for maximum 3 years + 1 month approx.

k_k
Newly Registered

Post by k_k » Mon May 02, 2011 9:12 am

Thank you very much terriblescream and mt_dilber. Thanks a lot