ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get visa for Father&Mother of a Tier1G holder?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

user_name

How to get visa for Father&Mother of a Tier1G holder?

Post by user_name » Sun May 01, 2011 6:38 pm

Hi,

I would like to know what is the best way to get the Visa for a Tier1G holder's Father and/or Mother for a visit (2-3 months)?

I have gone through the site (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visit ... documents/), but it does not exactly says how much money must be there in the sponsor's bank account. It does not also gives a sample Letter of Sponsorship. It does not says about the fee as well.

Would you advice, please?

Or would you be able to point me to a good link/doc, please?

Many Thanks.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: How to get visa for Father&Mother of a Tier1G holder

Post by terriblescream » Sun May 01, 2011 7:41 pm

user_name wrote:Hi,

I would like to know what is the best way to get the Visa for a Tier1G holder's Father and/or Mother for a visit (2-3 months)?

I have gone through the site (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visit ... documents/), but it does not exactly says how much money must be there in the sponsor's bank account. It does not also gives a sample Letter of Sponsorship. It does not says about the fee as well.

Would you advice, please?

Or would you be able to point me to a good link/doc, please?

Many Thanks.
There is no definitive answer for that since it is a fnamily visit, the amount of money to show is to be able to support them without needing public funds and sufficient money available to you and your dependants already here and the family visit will not be a burden on you. Your parents might also need to show strong ties to their home country(property, assets etc) so that they have an intention to go back. A good 3-4k gbp account will seem sufficient, as a info 400-600 per month is considered

There is no right or wrong sponsor letter, you just have to mention that you are inviting your parents to visit you and you will support them pay for their tickets/provide them accomodation and they will maintain themslves without needing public funds.

The fee can be found out from their home country, so check out where they can apply the visa, for eg, in India its VFS, and in pak its Gerrys, tr website will give you the visa fees.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 01, 2011 7:47 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

user_name

Post by user_name » Sun May 01, 2011 9:03 pm

Thanks very much Terriblescream and Sushdmehta.

Any chance you can give me a template of a Sponsorship Letter, please?

Thanks again!