ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse and Flights

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skah786

Spouse and Flights

Post by skah786 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:19 pm

Hi,

Quick question.

When your spouse comes to the UK for the first time is there any chance that you will need to be present yourself at the airport to collect them. What I mean to say is that what are the chances that someone official might want to speak to the sponsor?

Thanks in advance.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Spouse and Flights

Post by terriblescream » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:33 pm

skah786 wrote:Hi,

Quick question.

When your spouse comes to the UK for the first time is there any chance that you will need to be present yourself at the airport to collect them. What I mean to say is that what are the chances that someone official might want to speak to the sponsor?

Thanks in advance.
Never heard of anything like that! He would'nt wanna speak to sponsor only if any doubts arise but thats rare, spouse has got the entry clearance, confident enough to speak, landing card, holding documents which were sent when the entry clearance was applied, has a UK address to fill in.

Shouldn't be a problem..

muj1

Post by muj1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:47 pm

My Dad told me that years ago the sponsor would get a tannoy call out and have to go and identify himself to staff but when my brother in law arrived there was no sponsor contact, just straight through immigration and out.

Muj

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:05 pm

Sponsors can be called at the discretion of the Immigration Entry Officer.

skah786

Post by skah786 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:08 pm

thanks for the replies,
I think I won't chance it and try to book time off work or get him over on a weekend.

Prayers

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sun May 01, 2011 8:53 pm

how can u miss that chance of not seeing ur hubby at airport..i think its dead sweet to meet in airport lol..i dont think i could wait another 2 hours at home for him lol...

skah786

Post by skah786 » Sun May 01, 2011 9:14 pm

lol i agree xnailax

I was thinking about getting him over as quickly as he could possibly get over lol weird I know but inshaAllah just hope his passport returns quick and its good news :| sick of the wait

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon May 02, 2011 8:51 am

Good Luck!