ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Damian Green's Answers Immigration Questions on YOU TUBE

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sshah20
Pakistan

Damian Green's Answers Immigration Questions on YOU TUBE

Post by sshah20 » Sun May 01, 2011 4:34 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MRn8SsOfuI

he said while answering one question regarding tier 1 (general), that, those who are in graduate level job are welcome to stay and those who are not in highly skill job will not stay in this country. as due to recession many people are either out of job or in low skilled job like security and cab. it means those who are not in graduate level job they wont be able to extend their stay and wont be able to apply for ILR.

Am I Right?

Question

There are plenty of talented migrants in the UK with high earnings and exceptional qualifications. Do you really wish to throw them out? (Question from Anuj Agrawal)

Answer

“No, we want people with high quality jobs and high quality skills coming to this country and staying in this country but actually those that have come under the old Tier 1 (HSMP) skilled route often we find aren’t employed at all or aren’t doing highly skilled jobs. So what we are having now is that those who have got a job offer of a highly skilled graduate level job can certainly stay, are very welcome to stay, but those that haven’t got that job offer can’t stay. And those that are already here will be able to apply for a job under this new route.â€

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Sun May 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Nothing new there, it’s just a waste of space!!!

psdesai
BANNED

Re: Damian Green's Answers Immigration Questions on YOU TUB

Post by psdesai » Sun May 01, 2011 10:41 pm

[quote="sshah20"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MRn8SsOfuI

he said while answering one question regarding tier 1 (general), that, those who are in graduate level job are welcome to stay and those who are not in highly skill job will not stay in this country. as due to recession many people are either out of job or in low skilled job like security and cab. it means those who are not in graduate level job they wont be able to extend their stay and wont be able to apply for ILR.

Am I Right?

Question

"Ya but no but ya but no ....."

There are plenty of talented migrants in the UK with high earnings and exceptional qualifications. Do you really wish to throw them out? (Question from Anuj Agrawal)

Answer

“No, we want people with high quality jobs and high quality skills coming to this country and staying in this country but actually those that have come under the old Tier 1 (HSMP) skilled route often we find aren’t employed at all or aren’t doing highly skilled jobs. So what we are having now is that those who have got a job offer of a highly skilled graduate level job can certainly stay, are very welcome to stay, but those that haven’t got that job offer can’t stay. And those that are already here will be able to apply for a job under this new route.â€
"Freedom is your very nature. Only with freedom, do joy, generosity and other human values blossom. Without freedom, attitudes become stifling, concepts become a burden, information has no value and imagination becomes stagnant."

bango

Post by bango » Sun May 01, 2011 11:15 pm

Sorry but what is the answer to the question.
Are current Tier1 holders able to extend without having a skilled job.

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:05 am

yes those who are not in skill job wont be able to extend or apply for ilr.

khan2015

Post by khan2015 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:55 pm

bango wrote:Sorry but what is the answer to the question.
Are current Tier1 holders able to extend without having a skilled job.
It's already mentioned in the statement of Immigration changes issued by HO on March 2010.Without Highly skilled Employment No one will get his/her extension on Tier1 General after April 2010.
If you have your Tier 1 General before April 2010 we have a chance to get your extension without Highly Skilled Job.

bango

Post by bango » Tue May 03, 2011 5:46 am

Khan u have confused me. You have said about the immigration rules published which i am not contradicting. My question is that people who are on Tier 1 since 2009 and renewal is due in 2012, are these people able to extend without highly skilled job as long as they meet the salary criteria.

Now i understand tier1 is/was for skilled jobs but recession and stagnant economy has had its effect on loads of people. Some people have been made redundant due to this. Now if stupid immigration ministers make decisions without without considering the impact on current tier1 holders its not fair, is it!

Could someone please confirm if i am able to extend as i am currently working but its not a highly skilled job, but am able to meet the points criteria.
Thanks.

bango

Post by bango » Tue May 03, 2011 5:58 am

"Its already mentioned in the statement of
Immigration changes issued by HO on March
2010.Without Highly skilled Employment No
one will get his/her extension on Tier1 General
after April 2010
Job

You mean march 2011 as that guidance overrides all previous guidance. Is this correct.

If you have your Tier 1 General before April 2010 we have a chance to get your extension
without Highly Skilled Job

What does this statement mean? So if a person is on t1 bfore april 10 then extension is possible without skilled job. Then who does this rule applies to and why make life difficult for minority of people when the have already finished tier 1 since 2011.

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:44 pm

i think senior member like sushmetha and sage will clarify this. as nowdays i know loads of people who got tier 1 general are not in skilled job. its batter to know in advance whether they will extend their stay or not? i am still confused about this that is why i start this thread.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 03, 2011 12:55 pm

My responses in the new duplicate topics created by bango and sshah20.
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue May 03, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bango

Post by bango » Tue May 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Thanks for the reply moderator. But instead of flagging us for double postings, it would have been nice if you could have just pasted a link to the current immigration rules. This would have not only cleared the confusion but also helped other forum members in a similar situation.

Also if you could please clarify that if a new immigration rule is published , does it override the previous versions. Thanks.

khan2015

Post by khan2015 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:29 pm

bango wrote:Thanks for the reply moderator. But instead of flagging us for double postings, it would have been nice if you could have just pasted a link to the current immigration rules. This would have not only cleared the confusion but also helped other forum members in a similar situation.

Also if you could please clarify that if a new immigration rule is published , does it override the previous versions. Thanks.
Hi If you have Tier1 General before April 2010, you don not need to show a highly skilled job.All you need to show that you are in any employment plus you have to show certain salary criteria.
I hope this would answer your question.
Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 03, 2011 7:12 pm

khan2015, I think you need to understand the difference between a "highly skilled job" and a "highly paid job". While skills required in a job play no part in the extension criteria, previous earnings do.

Highly skilled jobs may not necessarily be highly paid. Likewise, one doesn't necessarily require to be in "highly skilled job" to have "high previous earnings".

To score same points for previous earnings, applicants who applied for Tier 1 (General) on/after 06-Apr-10 need to show considerably higher earnings as compared to those Tier 1 (General) migrants before 06-Apr-10.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:46 pm

sushdmehta wrote:khan2015, I think you need to understand the difference between a "highly skilled job" and a "highly paid job". While skills required in a job play no part in the extension criteria, previous earnings do.

Highly skilled jobs may not necessarily be highly paid. Likewise, one doesn't necessarily require to be in "highly skilled job" to have "high previous earnings".

To score same points for previous earnings, applicants who applied for Tier 1 (General) on/after 06-Apr-10 need to show considerably higher earnings as compared to those Tier 1 (General) migrants before 06-Apr-10.
1. I am sure we all know the difference between a Highly skilled job and a Highly paid job and hope others get your point too.....

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:05 pm

sushdmehta wrote:khan2015, I think you need to understand the difference between a "highly skilled job" and a "highly paid job". While skills required in a job play no part in the extension criteria, previous earnings do.

I hesitate to say but I have to say that Mr. Khan2015 must consider taking FREE ESOL classes, as he has already taken the "OATH".
I guess it can only benefit him and his "country".

khan2015

Post by khan2015 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:25 am

Aryan2013 wrote:

I hesitate to say but I have to say that Mr. Khan2015 must consider taking FREE ESOL classes, as he has already taken the "OATH".
Thanks for your advice.I mentioned that term which was used in ''Statement of changes of immigration Rules March 2010''.According to that one must be in highly Skilled Employment .They might changed their statement from Highly Skilled Employment to Highly Paid Jobs.
If a security guard is working on £8/hour and other is on £15/hour with same job description what would happen If they apply for Extension in June 2012(Applied Tier 1 General after April 2010).As all we know that security Guard Job is very highly skilled job
:D ??????

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:07 pm

khan2015 wrote:
Aryan2013 wrote:

Thanks for your advice.I mentioned that term which was used in ''Statement of changes of immigration Rules March 2010''.According to that one must be in highly Skilled Employment .They might changed their statement from Highly Skilled Employment to Highly Paid Jobs.
If a security guard is working on £8/hour and other is on £15/hour with same job description what would happen If they apply for Extension in June 2012(Applied Tier 1 General after April 2010).As all we know that security Guard Job is very highly skilled job
:D ??????
Ok, point taken but you have not told us about the FREE ESOL classes??

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 06, 2011 10:11 am

khan2015, without realizing it you have just proved my point!

Assuming you consider a security guard to be a "highly skilled worker" and the job to be a "highly skilled" one then, other attributes being comparable (age, qualifications etc.), the person with a higher salary (in context, "highly paid job") will score more points for income as compared to the other and will probably qualify (GBP 15/ph * 40 hours/week * 52 weeks = approx. 31K pa = 15 points; GBP 8/ph * 40hours/week * 52 weeks = approx. 16.5K pa = 0 points).

Imagine two individuals (PhD, <30 years) working as "genetic engineering research scientists" - a job, IMHO, worthy of being called "highly skilled job" according to your definition. One individual earns 47K but the other earns 69K. Both being in highly skilled workers in highly skilled jobs but with different earnings, you can do the calculations on your own to understand who will score more points.

Likewise, imagine one scientist (PhD, >30 years, the same job as in example above) earning 47K and one Tier 1 (General) migrant (Bachelors, >30 years) earning 69K through self-employment or a combination of employment and self-employment. Nothing stops this (second) migrant from qualifying for extension even if his employment is in a "unskilled job" and his self-employment involves "providing security guards" or "running at taxi fleet" or "running a chain of laundrettes" - things that, as per your definition, do not fit the "highly skilled job" measuring scale.

I am sure all the PBS migrants for whom your responses are intended will understand the difference between your opinions / assumptions and the actual facts and rules (that matter), and can stop worrying.

When it comes to scoring points for "previous earnings", it is not a "highly skilled job" or "skills" that matter but the "actual income / earnings". Period!

khan2015

Post by khan2015 » Sat May 07, 2011 5:08 am

sushdmehta wrote:khan2015, without realizing it you have just proved my point!

Assuming you consider a security guard to be a "highly skilled worker" and the job to be a "highly skilled" one then, other attributes being comparable (age, qualifications etc.), the person with a higher salary (in context, "highly paid job") will score more points for income as compared to the other and will probably qualify (GBP 15/ph * 40 hours/week * 52 weeks = approx. 31K pa = 15 points; GBP 8/ph * 40hours/week * 52 weeks = approx. 16.5K pa = 0 points).

Imagine two individuals (PhD, <30 years) working as "genetic engineering research scientists" - a job, IMHO, worthy of being called "highly skilled job" according to your definition. One individual earns 47K but the other earns 69K. Both being in highly skilled workers in highly skilled jobs but with different earnings, you can do the calculations on your own to understand who will score more points.

Likewise, imagine one scientist (PhD, >30 years, the same job as in example above) earning 47K and one Tier 1 (General) migrant (Bachelors, >30 years) earning 69K through self-employment or a combination of employment and self-employment. Nothing stops this (second) migrant from qualifying for extension even if his employment is in a "unskilled job" and his self-employment involves "providing security guards" or "running at taxi fleet" or "running a chain of laundrettes" - things that, as per your definition, do not fit the "highly skilled job" measuring scale.

I am sure all the PBS migrants for whom your responses are intended will understand the difference between your opinions / assumptions and the actual facts and rules (that matter), and can stop worrying.

When it comes to scoring points for "previous earnings", it is not a "highly skilled job" or "skills" that matter but the "actual income / earnings". Period!
Thanks for your reply mate.But why they mentioned the condition for Highly Skilled Employment for those apply for extension after April2012.
Most of the migrants would use Self Employment for their extensions after April 2012 so we have to wait n see what will happen.
Thanks Again