ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FIANCEE VISA - MY FIANCE IS FUNDED BY UK SPORT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

angelica salazar
Newly Registered

FIANCEE VISA - MY FIANCE IS FUNDED BY UK SPORT

Post by angelica salazar » Sun May 01, 2011 5:36 pm

THIS IS AN EXTRACT FROM MY SPONSOR LETTER, WHICH EXPLAINS THE SITUATION, I WANT TO B SURE THAT WE ARE FULLY ELEGIBLE EVENTHOUGH HE RECEIVES FUNDINGS FROM UK SPORT, CHEERS!!

My pay ( £00.000 p year) comes in the form of government funding, allocated through UK Sport. I enclose my payslips and contract from UK Sport (since and until). I am not required to pay tax on this amount, and nor do I pay for any expenses accrued whilst performing my sport. The money paid directly to me is purely for living expenses while I am in the country.(not sure if is appropriate to mention this) This amount, combined with my savings, visible from my personal bank statements as well as my stocks and shares portfolio, will easily be able to support me and my future wife for the period during which she will not be able to work in the UK and further if need be. There will be no necessity for us to rely on public funds

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Wow Angelica, a fit fiancé! Congratulations.

The wording looks good, but the sentence you are not sure about, I would omit that sentence.
John

angelica salazar
Newly Registered

John_ what do you think about his salary source?

Post by angelica salazar » Sun May 01, 2011 11:37 pm

Haha, yes the lucky guy is fit, however my doubt is if it doesnt matter where the salary he gets comes from, I mean, are public founds allocted through UK Sport, are we in the safe side with that when we stated There will be no necessity for us to rely on public funds.?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon May 02, 2011 7:07 am

The term "Public Funds" as in "No recourse to Public Funds" is very closely defined, in para 6 of the Immigration Rules.

The money coming from UK Sport is clearly not within the definition of Public Funds.
John