ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zulfiqar5941
Newly Registered

Spouse visa

Post by zulfiqar5941 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:36 am

Hello

My wife is is studying medicine in pakistan and will graduate in 2012 (Feb) but for PLAB (UK medicine exams in order to practise as a doctor in the uk) requirment it is necessary that she completes a 12 month House Job ( work in the hospital) which will mean she will complete all her medicial studies (inculding house job) in 2013 (May).

We are intending to get married in March 2012- I have already had my Nikkah in Oct 2010. If I apply for her spouse visa in Nov 2011 and she is granted her spouse I have several questions I hope smebody could help me in answer.

Will she need to travel with 28 days from when her visa is granted.

Do I need to apply for visa extension inorder to complete her timeperiod to apply for ILR

Can she travel to and from the uk when her is Visa is granted

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:00 am

In order to become a professionally qualified doctor you are REQUIRED to complete a house job (usually 1 year).

When you come to the UK from abroad AS A PROFESIONALLY QUALIFIED DOCTOR, you are then required to undertake a PLAB test, as you have said.

Now, you can undertake a house job here in the UK, or abroad in Pakistan. However, if you do undertake a house job here in the UK, you will first need to secure a post for your spouse at a UK hospital and agree with them that your spouse will first need to complete the house job.

I hope this is of some use. I highly advise that you do some research of your own as my knowledge is pretty dated and rules and legislations regarding the medical profession may well have changed.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon May 02, 2011 10:33 am

Spouse settlement visas are now issued with 27 months. To avoid having to apply for an extension (FLRM) when the initial visa expires, she would need to enter the UK within 3 months of the spouse visa entry date.

pennylessinindia

Re: Spouse visa

Post by pennylessinindia » Mon May 02, 2011 1:54 pm

zulfiqar5941 wrote:Hello

We are intending to get married in March 2012- I have already had my Nikkah in Oct 2010. If I apply for her spouse visa in Nov 2011 and she is granted her spouse I have several questions I hope smebody could help me in answer.

You say you have had Nikkah, but not getting married til March 2012 and will apply in November 2011. These dates seem unusual order
pennyless

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon May 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Well spotted Pennylessindia. An important point.

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:41 pm

He means that they had their nikah in october but the traditional rukhsati(proper pakistani wedding) will be somewhere near march.