ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1G family visit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jkks
Newly Registered

T1G family visit

Post by jkks » Mon May 02, 2011 10:25 pm

Hi, I would like to invite my parents to UK in family visit visa and they will be staying with us during their visit (6 to 8 weeks). I believe I should enclose Rental agreement and NOC from landlord to process their visa smoothly. If my understandings are correct, I have queries mentioned below:

1. My rental agreement contract expires on 2nd week of July and I am planning to ask my parents to apply the visa 2nd/3rd week of this month. Do you guys think this will be an issue as my rental contract expires on July?

2. Is it must to submit NOC from landlord for family visit visa? If yes, what should be mentioned in that (duration of stay, etc???)?

I would be really grateful if anyone could response for this mail.

Regards,
jkks

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: T1G family visit

Post by terriblescream » Mon May 02, 2011 10:29 pm

jkks wrote:Hi, I would like to invite my parents to UK in family visit visa and they will be staying with us during their visit (6 to 8 weeks). I believe I should enclose Rental agreement and NOC from landlord to process their visa smoothly. If my understandings are correct, I have queries mentioned below:

1. My rental agreement contract expires on 2nd week of July and I am planning to ask my parents to apply the visa 2nd/3rd week of this month. Do you guys think this will be an issue as my rental contract expires on July?

2. Is it must to submit NOC from landlord for family visit visa? If yes, what should be mentioned in that (duration of stay, etc???)?

I would be really grateful if anyone could response for this mail.

Regards,
jkks
1. Shouldn't be of a concern if the letter from landlord states that the rental agreement would be renewed when required.

2. Yes you should enclose a NOC from landlord since he owns the property and permission should be available of anyone coming down to live there,

Do check your tenancy agreement some allow your family memebrs to stay with you at that address, in that case no NOC is required from landlord

jkks
Newly Registered

Post by jkks » Sat May 07, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi, Thanks for your response.

I asked my landlord(who is running his own letting agency) to give NOC, seems he is not sure about the content to be mentioned in NOC and asked me to send it. I am thinking to send the content however I have few clarifications:

Do you think it would be good if I get NOC in letting agent letter head or white paper with landlord signature is sufficient?

Should I need ask him to mention my parents name in NOC? If yes, do I need to ask him to send 2 copies (1 for my father and another for my mother).

OR

Can I ask him to mention in general? I mean <my name>'s parents...??

I have mentioned the content here, please let me know if this is ok.

To whomsoever it may concern

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: XXXXXXX<Parent Name> accommodation in UK

I write to confirm that I have no objection for <Parent name> to stay at <UK Address> with <my name> during their visit to UK.

I trust the above information is of some assistance to you. If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact.

Regards,
jkks

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sat May 07, 2011 6:31 pm

Letting agent letter head would be perfect!!

1 NOC is enough since your parents are applying together!

jkks
Newly Registered

Post by jkks » Sat May 07, 2011 6:37 pm

Thanks terriblescream for your immediate response. Please can you check the content of NOC is fine or any modifications required?

Regards,
jkks

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sat May 07, 2011 6:39 pm

jkks wrote:Thanks terriblescream for your immediate response. Please can you check the content of NOC is fine or any modifications required?

Regards,
jkks
That should be fine, along with the rental agreement(which specifies the number of rooms etc) so that they know there is enough space in the house for them to live..

jkks
Newly Registered

Post by jkks » Sat May 07, 2011 11:47 pm

Thank you very much

jkks
Newly Registered

Post by jkks » Mon May 09, 2011 11:00 am

Hi,

I would like to invite my parents to UK in family visitor visa and I believe my parents have to submit their application for visa separately. Do I need to send 2 copies of the documents for them to submit separately? Say if I want to send the invitation letter, whether do I need to mention my father name in one document and mother name in another? OR Can I mention both the names in 2 documents and ask them to attach each with the visa application form?

And I am thinking to send my Original bank statements and council tax bills, in this case anyone (either my father or mother) can submit the original and other can submit the photocopy of the document. Is it fine?

I really confused with this because if the same caseworker handled both my father and mother applications, it won’t be a problem(I guess), what will happen if different case worker handled my parents applications?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
jkks

PS: I have posted the same query in different post because I thought this query is not related to previous one I asked. Sorry for the inconvenience.

jkks
Newly Registered

Post by jkks » Tue May 10, 2011 9:41 am

Hi all, I will put my query bit straightforward instead of asking in detail. Please can anyone help.

If my parents applied the family visitor visa at the same time then the applications will be handled by the same case worker for sure or there is chance of handling different case worker?

Regards,
jkks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 10, 2011 10:09 am

If your parents apply at the same time (together), then one set of documents from your end should suffice.

If in doubt, check with local VAC.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jkks
Newly Registered

Post by jkks » Wed May 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Thanks.

naheem_21
Newly Registered

Post by naheem_21 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:20 pm

First post ever on this forum so go easy on me. I am looking to sponsor my father & mother in Law in the next few weeks and currently in the same dilemma as jkks. The question remains

1. Do submit two sets of supporting documents with each applications or would one set suffice.

Not sure how useful the VAC staff will be as I assume they would only suggest contacting the BHC.

A response with any knowledge on this matter or a useful opinion would be most welcome.

jkks
Newly Registered

Post by jkks » Sat May 14, 2011 7:33 am

One more clarification, can any respond please.

I am writing Invitation/Sponsor letter for my parents visitor visa, can I sign & scan the documents(along with NOC letter from landlord) and ask my parents to take the print and submit it? OR does these documents should be original? If it has to be original then I need to send them by post, I am sure it will take few days to reach and cant give assurance that this will reach safely.

Regards,
jkks

jkks
Newly Registered

Post by jkks » Mon May 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Hope not troubling too much, please could anyone respond.