ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA'S for dummies, the dummy being me

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

givemeasong
Newly Registered

VISA'S for dummies, the dummy being me

Post by givemeasong » Mon May 02, 2011 11:33 pm

I'm from New Zealand & have been offered a job in London. The job is mine. The company I am working for is willing to do the whole sponsorship thing.

My first question: it says you need x amount of money in your bank account for 90 days before you can apply for your TIER 2 VISA. What if you have the x amount of money in the bank but hasn't been in there for 90 days. Can I still apply for the TIER 2

Second Question: would it be a better idea to apply for the TIER 5 Youth Mobility VISA. Still being able to work but having to leave to return to NZ after the 2 years.

Third Question: If I get the TIER 5 complete the 2 Years & return to NZ, how long do I have to stay in NZ until I can reapply for another UK VISA, the TIER 2 (can't apply for a 2nd TIER 5 VISA I believe)

I've been looking EVERYWHERE on online for help & have found NOTHING! This VISA stuff is all very confusing.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 03, 2011 2:58 am

Maintenance wrote:If your A-rated sponsor is certifying that it will maintain and accommodate you if necessary for your first month of employment, this must be confirmed on your certificate of sponsorship.

Otherwise, and if you are not scoring points automatically for maintenance, you must provide documents showing that you have had at least £800 in your account at all times over the three-month period before you apply to us.
If you want to eventually settle in the UK, then Tier 2 would be more appropriate than Tier 5.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jpizzle
Newly Registered

Re: VISA'S for dummies, the dummy being me

Post by jpizzle » Tue May 03, 2011 3:34 am

givemeasong wrote:I'm from New Zealand & have been offered a job in London. The job is mine. The company I am working for is willing to do the whole sponsorship thing.
I should be able to help point you in the right direction, but just need a bit more info…
So your employer operates both in NZ and the UK? And if so, do they already have a sponsor’s license with the UKBA? Have you checked that your job title qualifies for tier 2 and whether it is on the shortage occupation list or not? If yes to all, then you will be already in a strong position to get an intercompany transfer (ITC) tier 2. If no to any of the above, you might have other options. Also, does the company you work for have an HR department that could help / guide you with this? Also an immigration agent / lawyer would be well worth considering.

My first question: it says you need x amount of money in your bank account for 90 days before you can apply for your TIER 2 VISA. What if you have the x amount of money in the bank but hasn't been in there for 90 days. Can I still apply for the TIER 2
If it says 90 days, then it really does mean 90 days. Although, if your sponsor is A-rated, they can agree to financially support you which removes the maintenance funds requirement

Second Question: would it be a better idea to apply for the TIER 5 Youth Mobility VISA. Still being able to work but having to leave to return to NZ after the 2 years.
Really depends on what your intentions are, and also what category of tier 2 you are looking at. Best advise if your job title qualifies and your sponsor is willing, is to go for a tier 2 (general).

Third Question: If I get the TIER 5 complete the 2 Years & return to NZ, how long do I have to stay in NZ until I can reapply for another UK VISA, the TIER 2 (can't apply for a 2nd TIER 5 VISA I believe)
Going by the current rules, you can apply for it straight away, but just have apply for it out of country. If this is even a consideration, which it obviously is, let me know what the answers to the above and I’ll let ya know what visa would be ya best option. Remember immigration rules continually change, so better to get the best visa that is available to you rather than change (if possible) at a later date.

I've been looking EVERYWHERE on online for help & have found NOTHING! This VISA stuff is all very confusing.
All the info you need is on the UKBA site. Can be a bit of a minefield when ya first start sifting through it, but answers to some of the above questions will allow me to point you to the relevant parts of the UKBA website that you need to worry about. [/i][/b]

givemeasong
Newly Registered

Post by givemeasong » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:42 am

VISA arrived today, I went for the Tier 5 instead of the Tier 2 :D

HOWEVER on application I clearly stated that my time of travel was intended for July 1st as my job starts in July, except my visa states August 1st WTF is that a mistake on there behalf???

Am I allowed in London for a month prior to the start date of my visa???