ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 extension without highly skilled job

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sshah20
Pakistan

tier 1 extension without highly skilled job

Post by sshah20 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:58 pm

i need advice from senior members. nowadays there are a lot of confusion regarding extension and ILR in tier 1 general category. i just want to know that, those who are not in highly skilled job will not extend their stay and would not be able to apply for ILR. is this statement right or wrong? i got my tier 1 general visa in dec, 2009 and i am not in highly skilled job. in future i am not expecting to get a graduate level job. therefore i want to start my own business but before investing money in this country i want to know, will i get extansion or ILR on the basis of self employment or not?

regards,

shah

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: tier 1 extension without highly skilled job

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 03, 2011 1:07 pm

sshah20 wrote:i need advice from senior members. nowadays there are a lot of confusion regarding extension and ILR in tier 1 general category
A statement "I am confused regarding extension and ILR in Tier 1 (General) category" is perhaps more appropriate.

Read the relevant immigration rules and relevant policy guidance to know what the "actual requirements" are - for both extension and settlement. Media statements and YouTube Q&As are not "immigration rules" - on which decisions about immigration applications are based.

No one can tell you today what the immigration rules may be in the future. Asking someone to comment on future changes is asking them to play the role of immigration policy strategists and speculate based on their own opinions and biases.

For queries regarding the Damien Green's YouTube Q&As, please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!