ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 extension - PLC or Umbrella

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Prashant428
BANNED

Tier1 extension - PLC or Umbrella

Post by Prashant428 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi,

I am contracting in UK with an Umbrella company. My Visa will expired next year so I would like to know if I should start a PLC or continue with Umbrella.
I understand that I may not get all the advantages of PLC since I will have to show my earnings for last 12 months.
Also are there any major advantage of being a permanent employee rather than contractor? I can plan for becoming permanenet in that case.
Thank you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 03, 2011 11:35 am

Should someone answer your queries, given the fact that you have the habit of deleting your posts once you get the answers you need.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Tue May 03, 2011 6:47 pm

ROLF!!!!
So.. you burn the garbage instead of disposing it off. You do not leave the trail for CIA. :(

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 03, 2011 7:54 pm

The purpose of a public forum is to share information for the benefit of everyone. Not just the person posting a query but also others who may be looking for answers to similar questions.

More than anything else, deleting posts after receiving answers reflects selfish attitude. What use is a topic / discussion of with responses but no leading question(s) to understand the responses?

If privacy may be a concern, then people should not post in a public forum.

As for the fun you see in the response, I am sure that you wouldn't have been as amused had someone answered your queries with a links to such topics or when searching the forum all you get is a list of topics with deleted entries.

Prashant428
BANNED

Post by Prashant428 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:51 pm

hey Ms Fair,

If I guess it's individual preference whether he/she would like to delete his own message after getting response or not. You should mind your own business. if deleting message is causing so much problem, why don't you restrict users to delete the message. Also be a little professional being a moderator of this website doesn't give you authority to say anything personal about the users.

twinkletwinkle
Newly Registered

Post by twinkletwinkle » Tue May 03, 2011 11:50 pm

Prashant428 wrote:hey Ms Fair,

If I guess it's individual preference whether he/she would like to delete his own message after getting response or not. You should mind your own business. if deleting message is causing so much problem, why don't you restrict users to delete the message. Also be a little professional being a moderator of this website doesn't give you authority to say anything personal about the users.
Prashant, My advice to you is to hire a solicitor and pay to get individual guidance. The whole idea of forum is to get advice which can be used by others as well in similar cases.

Your deleting messages just show your insecurity, and reply above to moderator reflects your selfish attitude.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 04, 2011 9:35 am

Prashant428 wrote:if deleting message is causing so much problem, why don't you restrict users to delete the message.
If you observe carefully, you will note that users can delete their posts only within few minutes (perhaps 2-5) of posting and that too only before a response is posted in the topic. Other than that, they can only "edit" their posts!!

It is for a reason that users have have only been provided with restricted ability to delete their posts - and one of the reason, amongst many, is the same that I have mentioned before.

It is just that a few users misuse the edit function to completely erase the original post after they receive the answers they need. But such a misuse is neither encouraged in this forum nor such repetitions accepted, for the benefit of everyone.