ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help plzzzz ECO says CAS invalid -details dont match website

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raynewbie
Newly Registered

help plzzzz ECO says CAS invalid -details dont match website

Post by raynewbie » Tue May 03, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi there,

I have been refused Tier 4 visa and the ECO has stated that the course (Diploma in IT) is advertised as a 2 year (24 month) course and not 3 years as indicated in my CAS. Hence, he/she was not satisfied that I have a valid CAS and therefore I was not awarded 30 points for my CAS.
My CAS states that my course is for 3 years, but it did not mention that I need to complete 3 modules form Certificate in IT.
The college administration panel is a bit confused with as well and said that all their students from even last semester had the same CAS written out (as it is a standard CAS template for Diploma in IT) and they have all received their visas and have had no problems.

Now I would like to put an Administrative review as it also states on the website of the college that 'by beginning the Diploma in IT level course BCS assumes knowledge of the Certificate in IT level modules (or exemption) and focuses on..' this clearly implies that every student must have either exemption from the certificate modules or complete those modules to be able to focus on the diploma subjects. All students automatically need to complete the 3 core modules of Certificate in IT as per British Computer Society (BCS) which is also stated on the same webpage. The core modules are as follows -
Information Systems
Software Development
Computer & Network Technology

Do you think if I point this out and apply for Administrative Review the decision might come on my favour?
I have obviously missed the last session but dont want to miss July session, so will it be just wiser to put in a fresh application?

Thanks in advance

ash786
BANNED

Re: help plzzzz ECO says CAS invalid -details dont match web

Post by ash786 » Tue May 03, 2011 7:26 pm

raynewbie wrote:Hi there,

I have been refused Tier 4 visa and the ECO has stated that the course (Diploma in IT) is advertised as a 2 year (24 month) course and not 3 years as indicated in my CAS. Hence, he/she was not satisfied that I have a valid CAS and therefore I was not awarded 30 points for my CAS.
My CAS states that my course is for 3 years, but it did not mention that I need to complete 3 modules form Certificate in IT.
The college administration panel is a bit confused with as well and said that all their students from even last semester had the same CAS written out (as it is a standard CAS template for Diploma in IT) and they have all received their visas and have had no problems.

Now I would like to put an Administrative review as it also states on the website of the college that 'by beginning the Diploma in IT level course BCS assumes knowledge of the Certificate in IT level modules (or exemption) and focuses on..' this clearly implies that every student must have either exemption from the certificate modules or complete those modules to be able to focus on the diploma subjects. All students automatically need to complete the 3 core modules of Certificate in IT as per British Computer Society (BCS) which is also stated on the same webpage. The core modules are as follows -
Information Systems
Software Development
Computer & Network Technology

Do you think if I point this out and apply for Administrative Review the decision might come on my favour?
I have obviously missed the last session but dont want to miss July session, so will it be just wiser to put in a fresh application?

Thanks in advance
1. A letter from the institution will clear this confusion.
2. Ask for your institution to explain it in full details and also mention that all the students for the same course was awarded the visa before.
3. U administrative review depends on that letter.

raynewbie
Newly Registered

Post by raynewbie » Tue May 03, 2011 11:08 pm

hi ash

thank you so much for your answer. but i am a bit lost here, as the rules of the new administrative review says that no supporting evidence/ documents can be send with the AR notice. If any fresh piece of evidence is put in then I will have to make a fresh application with a new CAS.

Can you please let me know?

thanks heaps
sue

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 03, 2011 11:18 pm

There's no harm in going for an AR. Perhaps a letter may clarify the previous evidence that had already been submitted.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

raynewbie
Newly Registered

Post by raynewbie » Tue May 03, 2011 11:43 pm

Hi Vinny,
Thank you for your answer but as per new rules we can not send additional documents with AR notice . Please see below from HO website about AR

You must not send any additional documents such as passport/travel document or supporting documents with the Administrative Review Request Notice. If the refusal is subsequently overturned, you will be asked to send in your passport/travel document.

Thanks ,
Sue

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 04, 2011 12:14 am

They may ignore the letter if they choose to. So, including it shouldn't do any harm as you will be no worse off than before.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

raynewbie
Newly Registered

Post by raynewbie » Wed May 04, 2011 9:21 am

thats great!!! thank you so much!

I will ask the college to supply me with a letter and apply for AR soon.

Thanks a million
Sue

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:23 pm

raynewbie wrote:Hi Vinny,
Thank you for your answer but as per new rules we can not send additional documents with AR notice . Please see below from HO website about AR

You must not send any additional documents such as passport/travel document or supporting documents with the Administrative Review Request Notice. If the refusal is subsequently overturned, you will be asked to send in your passport/travel document.

Thanks ,
Sue
1. I wud not say that it is extra evidence.
2. All you doing is submitting a letter explaining the course duration in detail.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed May 04, 2011 8:41 pm

A cas should only be issued once you have an unconditional offer on a course. If your offer depends on you competing and passing these 3 modules then you don't have an unconditional offer. It also sounds like your college is giving you one Cas for two courses which they shouldn't be doing. I think you could have problems due to this.

raynewbie
Newly Registered

AR upheld original decision

Post by raynewbie » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi there AR stated this -
You applied for entry clearance to the United Kingdom under Tier 4 (General) of the PBS. Your application failed to meet the qualifying criteria and was refused.
You have stated that the ECO failed to properly consider evidence submitted with the application. However, I have reviewed your application and I am satisfied that the decision to refuse you entry clearance was correct.
The ECO was not satisfied that your CAS accurately described your proposed course of study as the course stated on your CAS was a two year course, whereas your CAS stated that you would be studying for three years.
In your request for an Administrative Review you have stated that the reason for the difference in course length is because you will also be required to complete the Certificate in IT modules.
The published guidance states:
Where a student is undertaking a course of study towards a professional qualification, a separate confirmation of acceptance for studies must be assigned for each stage of the course which leads to a recognised qualification in its own right. (For example where a series of ‘modules’ leads to a ‘Certificate’ or a ‘Diploma’ where each is a recognised qualification in its own right.)
So whilst it is possible for a Tier 4 sponsor to combine these courses into a program of study, for the purpose of the Points Based System a separate CAS is required for each stage of the course. You would have therefore required one CAS for the Certificate in IT modules and a separate CAS for the Diploma in IT.
I am satisfied that the ECO correctly awarded you zero points for your CAS and the decision to refuse your application is maintained at review.

I HAVE FORWARDED THIS TO MY COLLEGE AND THOUGH UNWILLING TO WRITE ME 2 CAS AS THEY WILL LOSE 2 STUDENTS, THEY ARE GOING TO GIVE ME 2 CAS.

Am I able to apply for one student visa with 2 CAS???

Thank you in ADVANCE