ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skah786

Post by skah786 » Sun May 01, 2011 12:03 pm

Sallam All,

Hope all well.

My wife applied for UK settlement VISA on 18th March 2011. On 31st March, I received a phone call from British High Commision Islamabad asking: who have I applied VISA for, what is their name, D.O.B, my address in the UK, etc.

Can you please add the below info to the spreadsheet/list:

Application submitted on 18th March 2011 in Islamabad.
Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on 18/03/2011
Application under process at British High Commision 31/03/2011.

Waiting for a DECISION.

Please shed some light on how long will it take etc.

Many thanks!!

Good Luck to everyone!!!!
Walekumassalam,

My timeline is nearly exactly the same as yours, submitted 18th march, under process 31st march. My 12 weeks (and yours too) will be up on 10th June inshaAllah. I hope its sooner though!

khan786

Post by khan786 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:55 am

Salaam all

If visa appeal goes to a court hearing will I have to supply new up to date bank statement ect or will the hearing be based on my circumstances at the time of refusal.

I.e income and work because I have less funds in bank now and have changed employer cause I contract.
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:03 am

My timeline differs by 10 days.

Submitted application at VAC Lahore: 28/03/11
Application forwarded to Islamabad OC: 29/03/11
Application under process: 09/04/11
Sponsor contacted by BHC Islamabad: 14/04/11

This wait is literally killing me. I love my wife so much, but the thing that is hurting me most is that I know my wife misses me just as much.

However, patience is a virtue. The only things that are keeping me going are my Lord, Allah SAWT, my family and the knowledge that inshallah I will be reunited with my wife.

I regularly do dua for my fellow brothers and sisters. May Allah SAWT keep us all strong throughout this testing period of time, may He grant us success in the future. Ameen.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon May 02, 2011 11:36 am

khan786 wrote:Salaam all

If visa appeal goes to a court hearing will I have to supply new up to date bank statement ect or will the hearing be based on my circumstances at the time of refusal.

I.e income and work because I have less funds in bank now and have changed employer cause I contract.
It will be based on your circumstances at the time of refusal, however at your hearing if you can show that you have a secure job and enough savings so as not to resort to claiming public funds for yourself and your spouse, there is a good chance that the visa will be issued.

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Mon May 02, 2011 6:26 pm

[Quote:
Sallam All,

Hope all well.

My wife applied for UK settlement VISA on 18th March 2011. On 31st March, I received a phone call from British High Commision Islamabad asking: who have I applied VISA for, what is their name, D.O.B, my address in the UK, etc.

Can you please add the below info to the spreadsheet/list:

Application submitted on 18th March 2011 in Islamabad.
Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on 18/03/2011
Application under process at British High Commision 31/03/2011.

Waiting for a DECISION.

Please shed some light on how long will it take etc.

Many thanks!!

Good Luck to everyone!!!!

Walekumassalam,

My timeline is nearly exactly the same as yours, submitted 18th march, under process 31st march. My 12 weeks (and yours too) will be up on 10th June inshaAllah. I hope its sooner though!]

Salam,

I hoping to get it before 12 weeks. I quickly checked he process time on their web site and the number of application drop to 92 in March compare to 475 in february 2011. This suggest that they have less work and if our application are straight forward then we may get it quick.

I am hoping to hear something in the next 10 days.

Good luck everyone!

cheers

AliGG[/quote]
XX

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Mon May 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Salam,

I am hoping to get it before 12 weeks. I quickly checked the process time on their web site and the number of application drop to 92 in March compare to 475 in february 2011. This suggest that they have less work and if our application are straight forward then we may get it quick.

Good luck everyone!

cheers

AliGG
XX

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Post by Shoaib82 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:00 pm

AliGG wrote:Salam,

I am hoping to get it before 12 weeks. I quickly checked the process time on their web site and the number of application drop to 92 in March compare to 475 in february 2011. This suggest that they have less work and if our application are straight forward then we may get it quick.

Good luck everyone!

cheers

AliGG
Hi,
If you read there site properly you will note that it dosent actually say number of applications received but decided, which means that they are working more slowly on applications, which would mean longer waiting time for all.

muj1

Post by muj1 » Tue May 03, 2011 11:15 am

Spreadsheet update please -

Application under process @ BHC - 2/5/11

Projected date for 12 weeks is 11/7/11 - 7 days after my birthday :cry: wanted to celebrate it together, hopefully insallah.

Thanks,

Muj

skah786

Post by skah786 » Tue May 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Good luck everyone!

cheers

AliGG
I really hope you get soemthing quick and all the others too. Someone told me that the ECO spends 10 mins looking at the application and making a decision and fedex takes the mick processing them and returning them to the applicant.

Duas

skah786

Post by skah786 » Tue May 03, 2011 4:48 pm

muj1 wrote:Spreadsheet update please -

Application under process @ BHC - 2/5/11

Projected date for 12 weeks is 11/7/11 - 7 days after my birthday :cry: wanted to celebrate it together, hopefully insallah.

Thanks,

Muj
Awww how sweet. I really hope you hear something much before your birthday inshaAllah.

Duas

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Tue May 03, 2011 7:17 pm

Sallam All,

What I meant was that there are less work for ECOs (92 decisions in March, compare to 475 in February). As they introduced the english test, the number of application reduced dramatically. Anyway, lets hope for a quick one.

Im still waiting and its getting very difficult as im missing my wife and my son sooooooooooooo much.

Come one British embassy, give them a VISA................

Good luck to all you lovely people.

Thank you
XX

wassap

Post by wassap » Tue May 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Could somebody add me to the spreadsheet please.

My wife submitted her docs at Mirpur yesterday!

Application submitted on 2nd May 2011 in Mirpur.
SMS this morning said case has been dispatched at the British High comission 2/5/2011

12 week date should be 25th July.

Im not expecting any quick answers!Ive been married 2 months, and im off for another 3 weeks in June, cos i miss her so damn much, it would be nice to be able to bring her back with me, but i aint gonna get me hopes up.

Fortunately my father in law is a lawyer,and the case is pretty water tight, so inshallah it should go ok, a little worried about the english test, as the missus has a BSC and a MSC,so these should give her the exemption from that according to the VAF form!

My heart and dua's go out to you all waiting for an answer, its a real killer waiting.

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Wed May 04, 2011 8:52 am

skah786 wrote:

Good luck everyone!

cheers

AliGG
I really hope you get soemthing quick and all the others too. Someone told me that the ECO spends 10 mins looking at the application and making a decision and fedex takes the mick processing them and returning them to the applicant.

Duas
A lot of people have told me that too, especially the immigration solicitors. But I have not heard this thing about fedex, though. What exactly is their role in the application process? I thought the only organisations involved are the UKBA and Gerry's?

Either way, inshAllah our visas shall be granted soon. I reularly pray for us all.

Spent 3 odd hours talking to my wife las night. Yes, it was expensive, but hey, so what? We were missing each other THAT much. But what a blessing it was, as that terrible feeling being apart has diminished considerably.

wassap

Post by wassap » Wed May 04, 2011 9:36 am

Dont even talk about phone calls, its costing me a bleeding fortune lol!

On the plus side im using Nomi Mobile Sim, which seems to be the cheapest way to call but that still gives you itemised logs.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 04, 2011 10:02 am

Spent 3 odd hours talking to my wife las night. Yes, it was expensive, but hey, so what? We were missing each other THAT much. But what a blessing it was, as that terrible feeling being apart has diminished considerably
Blimey I don't know how you can talk to your wife for 3 hrs continuous.

I suppose in the beginning of marriage, it is possible, but it will soon fade away when she comes here.....lol :lol: :wink:

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Wed May 04, 2011 11:49 am

batleykhan wrote:
Spent 3 odd hours talking to my wife las night. Yes, it was expensive, but hey, so what? We were missing each other THAT much. But what a blessing it was, as that terrible feeling being apart has diminished considerably
Blimey I don't know how you can talk to your wife for 3 hrs continuous.

I suppose in the beginning of marriage, it is possible, but it will soon fade away when she comes here.....lol :lol: :wink:
lol!!! That's what my wife and yougest brother keep telling me. If we keep this up, there will be nothing for us to talk about by the time she comes here haha.

I'm going to look into that SIM card. I am using Vectone at the moment, and it costs 5p a minute to call a Pakistan mobile. Why oh why don't villagers have landline phones? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

muj1

Post by muj1 » Wed May 04, 2011 12:35 pm

@ mgsBoy86 - I feel your pain, costs a fortune to call mobiles! I use Lyca and have had to top £20 a week and usually get 3 calls and a lot of texts from it.

@ skah786 - I'm glad someone appreciated that, from a guess I would say you are female, right?

Muj

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Wed May 04, 2011 6:40 pm

Check with my employer today to see if BHC has contacted - the answer is NO.

Im not sure what they checking now? why is this taking such a long time....
XX

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Wed May 04, 2011 7:03 pm

The most difficult thing in the world is waiting
Can wait for this waiting to be oveeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr!!!!

:cry: :roll: :cry:
XX

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Wed May 04, 2011 7:08 pm

skah786 wrote:
AliGG wrote:
Salam,

Good luck everyone!

cheers

AliGG

Duas

A lot of people have told me that too, especially the immigration solicitors. But I have not heard this thing about fedex, though. What exactly is their role in the application process? I thought the only organisations involved are the UKBA and Gerry's?

Either way, inshAllah our visas shall be granted soon. I reularly pray for us all.

Spent 3 odd hours talking to my wife las night. Yes, it was expensive, but hey, so what? We were missing each other THAT much. But what a blessing it was, as that terrible feeling being apart has diminished considerably.
Due to security reason, Gerry/FedEx acts as a middleman between the applicant and BHC. I think the process takes long time due to Gerry send them to BHC Abu Dhabi, then they process and then back to Gerry.

Yeh talk to your wife for as long as you can, i know how u feel, im in same shoes as you but I can't afford to talk that much :(

When did u submit your application?

cheers and good luck to all of you!!!!
XX

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:47 pm

Aah forget phone calls....

Hook her/him up with a Netbook and install skype on it, then get a broadband connection (Wi-Tribe or PTCL Evo are best choices) and voila! Not only can you enjoy voice calls but video calls too.

Yeah yeah it costs a lot due to the netbook but if spread across then it is viable. In the process your partner is learning IT (IF they already haven't got the IT skills).

Vectone Mobile isn't so good for SMS and maybe calls to some extent. Now Mobile is fantastic for both. Sorry to sound like a promotor lol but since you all are discussing mobile sims thought I'd throw my suggestion (Now Mobile) in there too. I've been cut off with Vectone before but NEVER with Now Mobile :)

I too think all the long talking will fade in time. 3 Hours is too long :P

@AliGG, I'd suggest you leave it till early June when you start asking your employer if they have heard anything. The norm is usually around the 10th or 11th weeks time frame that your employer may hear something IF the ECO decides to call them that is. Not always are employers called.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Wed May 04, 2011 8:28 pm

Hi Shadow86,

Yes you are right about the time frame but it is my heart that is not leaving me alone.

You seem calm, when did you submit your application?

cheers,
AliGG
XX

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed May 04, 2011 8:49 pm

AliGG wrote:Hi Shadow86,

Yes you are right about the time frame but it is my heart that is not leaving me alone.

You seem calm, when did you submit your application?

cheers,
AliGG
Sep 2010.

I seem calm and am calm because I've become used to the waiting. It's what happens to most people whose visa's get refused.

I wouldn't wish it upon anybody to have their visa refused.

I can only make suggestions and if i'm not mistaken it's the jumpy applicants who fall the hardest in the event of a refusal. So just have some patience as it is very time consuming indeed and beyond our control, inshallah you will be rewarded for ur patience, and in time so will I and those who have had their application refused :)
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

skah786

Post by skah786 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:00 pm

muj1 wrote:@ mgsBoy86 - I feel your pain, costs a fortune to call mobiles! I use Lyca and have had to top £20 a week and usually get 3 calls and a lot of texts from it.

@ skah786 - I'm glad someone appreciated that, from a guess I would say you are female, right?

Muj
Lol I am female hehe

With regards to Vectone mobile, I top up £20 and they give you £20 free and texts are free. Calls are reasonable too. I do get disconnected as someone mentioned before.

Fedex/Gerry's I use interchangeably because my husband calls it Fedex. Same thing.

Lots of duas for everyone inshaAllah the morning brings good news...

afzal786

Free SMS TO PAKISTAN

Post by afzal786 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:28 pm

Send free sms to Pakistan using this website:

www.pagespk.com/send-free-sms-h5-htm
If this doesn't load find the page manually on:
www.pagespk.com

-remember u must use number WITHOUT 0092 E.G. 0347 12345678
- FROM NUMBER: this can be same FROM NUMBER
- You can use your mobile phone internet as well, even if you don't have free internet bookmark the actual sms page and its almost free

Please use responsibly :-)