ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:50 pm

Skah786- how many minutes does Vectone offer from £20 topup? And Is that from landline or mobile.

Just trying to compare if thats any good compared to Cobra calling cards, £5 prepaid card offers about 5 hours calls to mobile in Pakistan, plus if necessary they said they can issue call log as well for £5 per card.

5p per minute sounds too expensive, but if you haven't yet applied than I strongly recommend solid proof of calling e.g. Call from uk landline and if possible also from pakistan landlines as well.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed May 04, 2011 11:37 pm

LMAO!!!!!! @ 5p sounding too expensive!

Calling from landline to a Mobile isn't so favourable either. it's slightly higher than 5p from a BT line and that too you need to pay for some add-on to get it to a favourable rate.

The £20 free on top of £20 top up is for the Vectone Mobile Plus sim not for Vectone Mobile and it charges 10p per min to Mobiles. Too much of 'longness' in there. 5p per min to Mobiles is the best price going in the market right now for reliable service from reliable networks - Now Mobile and one or two more out there.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

muj1

Post by muj1 » Wed May 04, 2011 11:37 pm

My file has no call records etc. My solicitor said there was no need, lots of photos of the wedding and of us together though.

The file my sister submitted when she sponsored her husband had no contact records but photos just as I have provided this time and his visa was granted.

Kind of worried but what has been done is done, I have faith in Allah and he will Inshallah bring us together with our partners very soon.

Thanks for the duas Skah786 :)

Muj

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:25 am

:D
Shadow86: I think I didn't explain myself very clear:
5p per minute on vectone/lyca/lybara etc versus 1.67p per minute on Coobra prepaid calling card makes a lot of difference, espacially if one calls for 3/4 hours a day, (sounds familiar)...

However if one needs proof of communication than by all means 5p is very cheap, I would be v suprised if any landline operators charge 5p to Pakistan Mobile.

Best wishes

wassap

Post by wassap » Thu May 05, 2011 6:31 am

I picked up a ICARD Mobile sim yesterday, 3p a min to pk mobile.

Dont bother with Nomi mobile, its just too unreliable.

Its worth paying the extra for the logs tbh, with the sims, they are registered in your name, so at least you have proof of calling.plus its worth having a sim for all the major players, they all do good offers for short periods, you can save a few quid that way, ive got, a Lebara,lyca,Nomi,Icard and vectone. Vectone is giving £30 credit for £20 top up.

im calling 3-4 times a day at the mo, i guess thats what you do when ur a newly wed lol!!!

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:19 am

I am currently with Vectone as they have the "Top up £20 and receive free £10 credit" offer. We don't usually talk for 3 hours, but we do usually talk for around an hour, which is still a long time.

I was thinking of sending an Android phone to my wife so that she can use skype, but a friend of mine then pointed out that Pakistan mobiles might not possess good 3G reception.

I shall be looking into that calling card, and possibly other sim cards. 1.67p to a mobile via a calling card is incredibly cheap!!! Most charge 3p per minute.

khan786

Post by khan786 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:32 am

I just use 5 pound top up a week lycamobile to get proof of contact.
I speak with my wife loads on Skype via v fone dirt cheap and send money over for calling cards separate its like 1 rupee a min to call UK from there saved me at least 1500 pounds in total lol we talk daily around and hour or two average since I came back from Pakistan on may last year...
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Thu May 05, 2011 8:05 am

IS EVERY1 A SALES AGENT ON THIS BOARD. LOL
I USE TALKMOBILE £30 PER MONTH AND GET 800 MINS UK AND INTERNATIONAL, INCLUDES LANDLINE AND MOBILES.
WIFE SUBMITTED APPLICATION 2DAY AT LAHORE, FEELING HAPPY, JUST SPOKE 2 HER.
DOES THE TRACKING NUMBER START WITH LHE????????????????????????
AND WHEN CAN U START TRACKING IT FROM.

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:32 am

Yep. The tracking number will start with LHE/050511/......./1

It's usually the abbreviated city name in which the VAC is located, followed by the date, then a random number followed by /1.

I could start tracking it from the day it was submitted, but sometimes it starts the day after the application was submitted.

I was asked when my wife submitted her application. It's as follows:

Application submitted: 29/04/2011
Forwarded to Islamabad OC: 30/04/2011
Under process at BHC: 09/04/2011
Sponsor contacted by BHC: 14/04/2011

Have not heard anything since then. They haven't contacted my eployers (yet). But I have heard that if you work for a large organisation, they don't bother as long as you supply your job offer letter, contract etc.

My hopes are pretty high at the moment. InshAllah we shall all receive the good news soon.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Thu May 05, 2011 10:02 am

mgsBoy86 wrote:Yep. The tracking number will start with LHE/050511/......./1

It's usually the abbreviated city name in which the VAC is located, followed by the date, then a random number followed by /1.

I could start tracking it from the day it was submitted, but sometimes it starts the day after the application was submitted.

Have not heard anything since then. They haven't contacted my eployers (yet). But I have heard that if you work for a large organisation, they don't bother as long as you supply your job offer letter, contract etc.

My hopes are pretty high at the moment. InshAllah we shall all receive the good news soon.
R UR DATES CORRECT????????????
LOL
I THINK IT IS SUPPOSED 2 B 29/03/2011. LOL
SO IT TAKES TAKES 10 DAYS TO START THE PROCESSING, THATS KIND OF QUICK, BUT WHY DOES IT TAKE THEM 3 MONTHS TO GIVE A REPLY, SURELY THAT IS POOR SERVICE.
ON THE APPLICATION FORM WIFE WROTE THAT HER INTENDED DATE OF TRAVEL IS 1ST JULY, DO U THINK IT WILL BE DONE BY THEN, IVE GOT HOLIDAYS ON THE 4TH JUNE FOR 6 WEEKS AND WILL B GOING PAKISTAN, I HOPE SHE WILL BE ABLE TO GET A REPLY BY THEN.

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:39 am

Ah bummer. I'm obviously not thinking right today. Yep, you're right. Timeline is:

Application submitted: 29/03/2011
Forwarded to Islamabad OC: 30/03/2011

My coffee obviously was not strong enough lol. To be honest brother, I do not think that they attach much importance to your intended date of travel, as they specifically advise not to confirm your travel plans or book any non-refundable tickets.

Every single application is based on its own merits. Some a clear cut, and so are decided swiftly, some are not, requiring further enquiries to be made. For your information, my wife wrote her inteded date of travel as 30/04/2011, which has obviously elapsed.

My wife has previosuly been refused for a visit visa under 320(7a) due to a bad work reference issue. I can only assume they are investigating into that.

It does seem that we are all in a quiet period with regards to the processing of visa applications. We just have to remain patient. Above all, have faith in Allah SAWT. If He has done this much for us throughout our lives, then everything will be for the best.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Thu May 05, 2011 12:16 pm

mgsBoy86 wrote:

Ah bummer. I'm obviously not thinking right today. Yep, you're right. Timeline is:

My coffee obviously was not strong enough lol. To be honest brother, I do not think that they attach much importance to your intended date of travel, as they specifically advise not to confirm your travel plans or book any non-refundable tickets.

Every single application is based on its own merits. Some a clear cut, and so are decided swiftly, some are not, requiring further enquiries to be made. For your information, my wife wrote her inteded date of travel as 30/04/2011, which has obviously elapsed.

My wife has previosuly been refused for a visit visa under 320(7a) due to a bad work reference issue. I can only assume they are investigating into that.

It does seem that we are all in a quiet period with regards to the processing of visa applications. We just have to remain patient. Above all, have faith in Allah SAWT. If He has done this much for us throughout our lives, then everything will be for the best.
My wife did ask the man at gerrys how long it will take and he said that it will take about 8-10 weeks.
the only real thing i am worried about in my application is that i i have 2 deposits more than my wage, but these deposits came out of my account (wanted 2 buy a idiot-phone 4 SIM FREE, £700) i took £350 and then another £350 out the next week but could not find a cheap sim free idiot-phone 4, i looked for the phone for about a month and then put the money back in.
All i wrote on the application was i wanted 2 buy something but never bought it so put the money back in.
other than this no real problems, i have about 60 pages showing call records. LOL
if the eco try to contact me and im not in the country what will they do then.
and how do they actually check that u are paying the right amount of of tax, if u r paying too much or if u r paying to less what will they do, can they do something about this.
Do they actually verify every single document, if they do than 3 months is not actually that long to get a response, but if they do not than what do they do in their office all day long. Probably b playing on their PS3, LOL

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Thu May 05, 2011 12:33 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:
mgsBoy86 wrote:

My wife did ask the man at gerrys how long it will take and he said that it will take about 8-10 weeks.
the only real thing i am worried about in my application is that i i have 2 deposits more than my wage, but these deposits came out of my account (wanted 2 buy a idiot-phone 4 SIM FREE, £700) i took £350 and then another £350 out the next week but could not find a cheap sim free idiot-phone 4, i looked for the phone for about a month and then put the money back in.
All i wrote on the application was i wanted 2 buy something but never bought it so put the money back in.
other than this no real problems, i have about 60 pages showing call records. LOL
if the eco try to contact me and im not in the country what will they do then.
and how do they actually check that u are paying the right amount of of tax, if u r paying too much or if u r paying to less what will they do, can they do something about this.
Do they actually verify every single document, if they do than 3 months is not actually that long to get a response, but if they do not than what do they do in their office all day long. Probably b playing on their PS3, LOL
I highly doubt that they will go the trouble of verifying every single document, as they have other applications to consider also. As long as you supply genuine documents, then all should be ok hopefully.

The organisation I work for is a very large one, so they only issue online payslips. I issued 5/6 months wage slips (these have all the info, such as payroll number, NI number, tax codes etc.). To be on the safe side, I also supplied them with my Tax notifications from the HMRC for this financial year, as well as the last financal year. I received my P60 soon after my wife submitted her application. It's not necessary to submit your P60, but a lot of people do.

As long as all of the docs you have submitted conform with each other (i.e. there are no discrepancies whilst cross-checking) then it should be fine inshAllah.

With regards to ingoings/outgoings, I didn't bother submitting a budget sheet with my bank statements. People know that occassionally we have to fork out money for essential items for weddings etc. So I didn't bother even mentioning it in my sponsor letter as the withdrawals were clealry made on the day I travelled to Pakistan.

As long as there aren't regular large withdrawals, it should be ok. If you have a recent large deposit, it will be worth explaining that.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Thu May 05, 2011 4:38 pm

Application submitted Lahore: 05/05/2011
Forwarded to Islamabad OC: 05/05/2011
another 11 weeks and 5 days left.
LMAO

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Thu May 05, 2011 4:41 pm

mgsBoy86
HOW DID U GET A BAD WORK REFERENCE??????
DOES THE ECO LOOK AT SICKNESS??

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Thu May 05, 2011 6:42 pm

Wy wife was working as a health visitor at a surgery in Pakistan. She then started working part time for another and made it explicitly clear to her employer that she would quite her job and start working full time at the other surgery. By this time however, she had already filed her visitor visa application. Couple of weeks later, they contacted her first employer (the one she was about to leave), he must have been jealous and gave a bad work reference. He aid he had never heard of my wife nor she ever worked there.

There are some right nutcases about these days. Beofre undertaking an action they don't even stop to think about the possible consequences upon the innocent person.

Tbh Anjum, I cannot comment upon the sickness matter. It is better to seek advice from a senior member of the forum who has more knowledge. Sorry I can't provide advice on this.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:11 pm

mgsBoy86 wrote:I was thinking of sending an Android phone to my wife so that she can use skype, but a friend of mine then pointed out that Pakistan mobiles might not possess good 3G reception.
The problem with sending an android phone to Pak is potential theft (if sending via post that is).
Yeah the 3G reception part is true but you can always get her a broadband connection with wi-fi like Wi-Tribe's wi-fi modem. It'll work out better than calling via mobile sim/calling card.

@wassap, I recognise the I logo on icardmobile website, it's from the idiot-phone calling card company isn't it????? Niceeeeeeee!!!!!!! 3p a min is wicked! How reliable is the network?

@anjum, HROFL!!!!! LOL yeah we're all discussing calling cards all of a sudden lol :lol:
Last edited by Shadow86 on Sat May 07, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:21 pm

The problem is, my wife lives in a village (if a village can get broadband I will be completely amazed, honestly).

Back on the subject of sim cards, I have ordered and iCard sim card :) Plus, I shall be using cobra calling cards from now on. Should save me a couple of quid in the long run :)

wassap

Post by wassap » Thu May 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
mgsBoy86 wrote:I was thinking of sending an Android phone to my wife so that she can use skype, but a friend of mine then pointed out that Pakistan mobiles might not possess good 3G reception. quote]

The problem with sending an android phone to Pak is potential theft (if sending via post that is).
Yeah the 3G reception part is true but you can always get her a broadband connection with wi-fi like Wi-Tribe's wi-fi modem. It'll work out better than calling via mobile sim/calling card.

@wassap, I recognise the I logo on icardmobile website, it's from the idiot-phone calling card company isn't it????? Niceeeeeeee!!!!!!! 3p a min is wicked! How reliable is the network?

@anjum, HROFL!!!!! LOL yeah we're all discussing calling cards all of a sudden lol :lol:
Yep its calling card people, so far after 3 days its been very good, but Nomi mobile was good for 2 weeks and since then its been pretty damn flaky. Not had a problem with Lycamobile at all.

Nice thing about lyca n nomi is that u can download the call history as PDF, Icard u have to do a prnt screen from what i can tell.3p is cheap tho.

We come from Kotli AK, and we cannot get 3g, just 2g ie edge, its usable but not for skype, but im back over in a few weeks, i'll try it out for u guys.

The only net access in that area was either via ur phone or via a usb dongle. In rawapindi u can get 2meg dsl.

Btw, dont even think about sending a phone in the post, i sent a blood sugar monitor, they are like a tenner at most, and that package had been opened and searched etc.

khan786

Post by khan786 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:53 pm

wassap wrote:
Shadow86 wrote:
mgsBoy86 wrote:I was thinking of sending an Android phone to my wife so that she can use skype, but a friend of mine then pointed out that Pakistan mobiles might not possess good 3G reception. quote]

Yep its calling card people, so far after 3 days its been very good, but Nomi mobile was good for 2 weeks and since then its been pretty damn flaky. Not had a problem with Lycamobile at all.

Nice thing about lyca n nomi is that u can download the call history as PDF, Icard u have to do a prnt screen from what i can tell.3p is cheap tho.

We come from Kotli AK, and we cannot get 3g, just 2g ie edge, its usable but not for skype, but im back over in a few weeks, i'll try it out for u guys.

The only net access in that area was either via ur phone or via a usb dongle. In rawapindi u can get 2meg dsl.

Btw, dont even think about sending a phone in the post, i sent a blood sugar monitor, they are like a tenner at most, and that package had been opened and searched etc.
Odd my wife from kotli with 3 mbps connection its another version of v fone but much faster Skype is so clear :D
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Thu May 05, 2011 10:42 pm

khan786 wrote:
wassap wrote:
Shadow86 wrote:

Odd my wife from kotli with 3 mbps connection its another version of v fone but much faster Skype is so clear :D
It is possible to get dsl in ajk, SCO do it, i think its about 2000rps a month, about 2 years ago it was nearly 30,000. YES 30,000. LMAO

afzal786

Duas Lots of Duas plzzzz

Post by afzal786 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:45 pm

Please do Dua My wife's application is currently running through 10th week and its making me very nervous as the time comes closer to the reply date... :oops:

Anyhow its been 10 weeks now , when shall I contact BHC if there is no reply?

Funny enough I couldn't wait for this period to be over but now as the time gets closer and closer to reply date its really turning me blue... :cry: Nevertheless with Allah's will everything happens for a reason so we should be greatful regardless of outcome.

Once again, please pray for all those in the same situation.

wassap

Post by wassap » Thu May 05, 2011 11:18 pm

khan786 wrote: Odd my wife from kotli with 3 mbps connection its another version of v fone but much faster Skype is so clear :D
Awesome, i'll have to look into that when im over in a few weeks.

mgsBoy86

Re: Duas Lots of Duas plzzzz

Post by mgsBoy86 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:51 am

afzal786 wrote:Please do Dua My wife's application is currently running through 10th week and its making me very nervous as the time comes closer to the reply date... :oops:

Funny enough I couldn't wait for this period to be over but now as the time gets closer and closer to reply date its really turning me blue... :cry: Nevertheless with Allah's will everything happens for a reason so we should be greatful regardless of outcome.

30 working days has elapsed for me now. Just wondering, did the BHC ever contact you or your employer?

Anyway, I am regularly praying for us all. Allah me umeed/padosaa lakho. InshAllah sab kush better hi hoga.

anjum786mohammed

Re: Duas Lots of Duas plzzzz

Post by anjum786mohammed » Fri May 06, 2011 11:13 am

mgsBoy86 wrote:
afzal786 wrote:Please do Dua My wife's application is currently running through 10th week and its making me very nervous as the time comes closer to the reply date... :oops:

30 working days has elapsed for me now. Just wondering, did the BHC ever contact you or your employer?

Anyway, I am regularly praying for us all. Allah me umeed/padosaa lakho. InshAllah sab kush better hi hoga.
my work colleague applied for his wifes visa and nobody contacted him or even the workplace, his wife got her visa 2 weeks ago. they gave the visa in 8 weeks. he is from Bangladesh, might be a lot quicker there.
inshallah all will be good for us all.