ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success Croydon wp + tier1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit33_99
Newly Registered

ILR success Croydon wp + tier1

Post by amit33_99 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:38 am

Thank you all for your support and help.

My appointment was at 11:15. I reached there early like 10ish and I was asked to come back just 30 mins before the appointment time.
Went back about 10:40. passed the security check. got my forms checked downstairs on one of the counters. He asked for the passport of me and my wife and the application form. He made some checks on the computer and issued me a token number.
Went on the 1st floor to pay the fees and was asked to wait for the token number to be called. I was called about 12ish to one of the counters. The office asked for the following documents.

1. Passports
2. Application Forms
3. 12 months payslips and bank statements
4. Life in UK pass certificates
5. Cohabitation documents (I had lots of docs and he asked one from each for last two year)
5. Last five years - P60s
6. Anything else to support the application (I did not give him anything else)

I was told that It would take about 1 hour to process the application and he would call me if he needs me for anything.
I was called after half an hour because two of my salary slips and bank statement figures were not matched. One was out by 24 pence and other for like £200 and that was because of the payroll error. so I explained him the reason. He referred my case to the senior officer.
About 1'o clock I was again called to the counter and was told that they were making some further standard checks and would let me know the decision once the checks were made. I was so tensed at that time. The officer closed the counter and went away for the lunch. Then next one hour was like one year. I was waiting waiting and waiting...
About 2:30, my number was called and I was so tensed and guess what...??? I was handed back mine and my wife's passports with ILR stamped on it.

Thanks again.. and this forum was so helpfull....

deepu_0158

Post by deepu_0158 » Wed May 04, 2011 11:50 am

Congrats Amit33_99.

Which office did you go to?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 04, 2011 12:27 pm

deepu_0158 wrote:Congrats Amit33_99.

Which office did you go to?
The title of the topic mentions Croydon.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

deepu_0158

Post by deepu_0158 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:55 pm

The title of the topic mentions Croydon.
OOPS.....!

I forgot about the title after reading the matter.

Thanks Sushdmehta for pointing out

newc

Re: ILR success Croydon wp + tier1

Post by newc » Wed May 04, 2011 9:32 pm

amit33_99 wrote:Thank you all for your support and help.

My appointment was at 11:15. I reached there early like 10ish and I was asked to come back just 30 mins before the appointment time.
Went back about 10:40. passed the security check. got my forms checked downstairs on one of the counters. He asked for the passport of me and my wife and the application form. He made some checks on the computer and issued me a token number.
Went on the 1st floor to pay the fees and was asked to wait for the token number to be called. I was called about 12ish to one of the counters. The office asked for the following documents.

1. Passports
2. Application Forms
3. 12 months payslips and bank statements
4. Life in UK pass certificates
5. Cohabitation documents (I had lots of docs and he asked one from each for last two year)
5. Last five years - P60s
6. Anything else to support the application (I did not give him anything else)

I was told that It would take about 1 hour to process the application and he would call me if he needs me for anything.
I was called after half an hour because two of my salary slips and bank statement figures were not matched. One was out by 24 pence and other for like £200 and that was because of the payroll error. so I explained him the reason. He referred my case to the senior officer.
About 1'o clock I was again called to the counter and was told that they were making some further standard checks and would let me know the decision once the checks were made. I was so tensed at that time. The officer closed the counter and went away for the lunch. Then next one hour was like one year. I was waiting waiting and waiting...
About 2:30, my number was called and I was so tensed and guess what...??? I was handed back mine and my wife's passports with ILR stamped on it.

Thanks again.. and this forum was so helpfull....

Congratulation!! Could i please check following point with you as I am planning to apply with WP + tier1 combination...

Did you apply with in 28 days before 5 years or after completion of 5 years?

If you applied with in 28 days before 5 years completion then what was did you say Yes to following point on SET (o) form at page 20..

D. Continuous Residence Assessment
D1. Please confirm whether you have spent a continuous period of 5 years lawfully in the United Kingdom:

Would appreciate your response...

amit33_99
Newly Registered

Post by amit33_99 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:39 am

Yes I applied before 25 days and put Yes as an answer to that question.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Thu May 05, 2011 2:05 pm

Was your salary lower then the previus application? Also did they looked for the evidence about wheather your salary has been reviewed and increased every year?
"Freedom is your very nature. Only with freedom, do joy, generosity and other human values blossom. Without freedom, attitudes become stifling, concepts become a burden, information has no value and imagination becomes stagnant."

newc

Post by newc » Thu May 05, 2011 8:31 pm

amit33_99 wrote:Yes I applied before 25 days and put Yes as an answer to that question.
Thanks amit33_99.

amit33_99
Newly Registered

Post by amit33_99 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:50 am

Was your salary lower then the previus application? Also did they looked for the evidence about wheather your salary has been reviewed and increased every year?
My Salary was higher than the previous application. They might have checked as I submitted all P60s and last years payslips but did not mention about it.. so I am not sure...

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Fri May 06, 2011 11:39 am

Hi - Can you please let me know what documents you have submitted towards cohabitation? (from last two years). I have changed 3 houses from last 2 yrs. There are no documents on my wife name for house-1..