ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric appointment email

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jmig
Newly Registered

Biometric appointment email

Post by jmig » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:18 pm

Just received an email for a biometrics appointment.

a) When I go to the online booking form and enter my case reference number (8 digits), I get: "Your reference number is incorrect. Please amend your entry. "

b) I read in a thread to add a 0 in front, this brings up:
The combination of reference number and birth date is incorrect. Please amend your entry.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I was intending to get this done at a Post Office, is the booking procedure the same?

Finally, it says you need to bring the biometrics letter with you. Is a printout of the email OK (assuming there was a quick appointment). I haven't received the letter yet.

Thanks!

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:27 pm

You will receive biometric letter by post shortly, you need to bring that one with u. if you single(no dependent) then you may have option to go to post office for biometric if UKba would give u that option. see this link which may help u which clearly says" you can only use this service if you have been sent a letter inviting you to do so.:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... biometric/

norealidpls

Post by norealidpls » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Abbasi,

Hope you received the biometric enrollment invitation. Did they give you an option of using PO?

Any idea on what basis this option is given to single applicants. I am in northern ireland and dont have any PO which can be availed. I suspect then all in northern ireland is only left with the option of using the biometric ...

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Received biometric letter on 18 April 2011 with option to enroll biometric at Post Office.I enrolled Biometric today at Post office(Earl's Court London)

norealidpls

Post by norealidpls » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:26 pm

Thats a wonderful news abbasi. Can you pl let me know

- You got any Biometric email from HO#
-Any phone calls from HO

busyboy
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric appointment email

Post by busyboy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:37 am

jmig wrote:Just received an email for a biometrics appointment.

a) When I go to the online booking form and enter my case reference number (8 digits), I get: "Your reference number is incorrect. Please amend your entry. "

b) I read in a thread to add a 0 in front, this brings up:
The combination of reference number and birth date is incorrect. Please amend your entry.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I was intending to get this done at a Post Office, is the booking procedure the same?

Finally, it says you need to bring the biometrics letter with you. Is a printout of the email OK (assuming there was a quick appointment). I haven't received the letter yet.

Thanks!
I also got this error, does anyone have idea to fix this problem?

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm

I got the same email from HO on 15 April but I preferred to wait for letter and it came on 18th April. So, better to wait for letter and then decide. if same problem persist then call HO and number will be appear on letter and in email as well.

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:06 pm

norealidpls wrote:Thats a wonderful news abbasi. Can you pl let me know

- You got any Biometric email from HO#
-Any phone calls from HO
Biometric enrollment invitation email only and I also got a letter which I enrolled Biometric on 19 April.

roopasrivats
Newly Registered

Still waiting for Biometric letter

Post by roopasrivats » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:40 pm

Hello all,
I received my email on Monday 18-Apr and its over a week now, i haven't received the letter. I am waiting to make a family appointment for me, my wife and my kid.

I am also receiving the same error while i use my reference id (me being the main applicant), but was able to register for my wife and son separately, which i think makes no use to book a family appointment.

Any idea when would one normally receive the letter?
I also heard there are no appointments open till June 7th...I have an important business trip followed by personal trips in July. Quite worried.
Last edited by roopasrivats on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lokesh

Re: Still waiting for Biometric letter

Post by lokesh » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:04 pm

roopasrivats wrote:Hello all,
I received my email on Tuesday and its over a week now, i haven't received the letter. I am waiting to make a family appointment for me, my wife and my kid.

I am also receiving the same error while i use my reference id (me being the main applicant), but was able to register for my wife and son separately, which i think makes no use to book a family appointment.

I also heard there are no appointments open till June 7th...I have an important business trip followed by personal trips in July. Quite worried.
I recieved my letter within 7 working days....call them up and find out if they have sent you the letter....in regards to Biometric booking, yes it is quite pain to wait for 6 weeks to get family appointment.....if you book individually you will get slots within 2 to 5 working days.....few ppl have tried individual slots and they were able to give their biometric details without any issues....but do remember as per the biometric booking guidance dependent should always book together....

busyboy
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for Biometric letter

Post by busyboy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:00 am

lokesh wrote:
roopasrivats wrote:Hello all,
I received my email on Tuesday and its over a week now, i haven't received the letter. I am waiting to make a family appointment for me, my wife and my kid.

I recieved my letter within 7 working days....call them up and find out if they have sent you the letter....in regards to Biometric booking, yes it is quite pain to wait for 6 weeks to get family appointment.....if you book individually you will get slots within 2 to 5 working days.....few ppl have tried individual slots and they were able to give their biometric details without any issues....but do remember as per the biometric booking guidance dependent should always book together....

I got an letter 20 Apr, the I registered on the website, after that I received (24 Apr) an email which told me that they will email me a Transaction ID, however, I still not recieve it. Does any one in the same situation?

roopasrivats
Newly Registered

Post by roopasrivats » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Called the HO and got an appointment only for june 8th...Got the letter today, i thought i would give a try online to see if there are dates a little close by, but the error still appears...
Did it get resolved for anyone here?
Need to get back my passport by june 2nd week...Worried!!

busyboy
Newly Registered

Post by busyboy » Thu May 05, 2011 3:35 pm

roopasrivats wrote:Called the HO and got an appointment only for june 8th...Got the letter today, i thought i would give a try online to see if there are dates a little close by, but the error still appears...
Did it get resolved for anyone here?
Need to get back my passport by june 2nd week...Worried!!
It is very difficult to call the HO, the line always be in busy.

roopasrivats
Newly Registered

Post by roopasrivats » Sun May 08, 2011 8:29 am

Yeah...but hard work doesnt fail :) i kept calling thrice a day for almost a week and managed get hold of an appointment coming wednesday for my family. I was able to reschedule my appointment a month earlier...
Thanks everyone for your support!!