ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu May 05, 2011 3:06 pm

Latan wrote:WHAT HAVE U ALL BEEN SMOKING.........?? HOME-GROWN POT, PLEASE GET REAL
what do you mean Latan?
at least we found someone happy wit the INIS.
may he is one of thse lucky applicants not from the majority.
peace on you

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu May 05, 2011 3:58 pm

folks,
anyone wants to swap May 12th Court Appointment at Dun Laoghaire District Court with a friend of mine who got too optimistic of meeting that date but decision is stuck at the Minister's Office.. he wants a June appointment if anyone has it.. Please PM me - cheers !

max11
Newly Registered

Post by max11 » Thu May 05, 2011 3:59 pm

ordex wrote: that my application is in the final stages and that i should hear from them in the next 14 days !! I'm very excited now and would like to thank everybody at INIS for the wonderful service and the prompt attention my application received, once again well-done INIS !! :P What a wonderful world....
by the way i was told that my application is in the final stages early in march. in the end of april i was told that my application is sent to minister and decision should be expected only in june.

Latan

Post by Latan » Thu May 05, 2011 4:36 pm

NONE OF 2009 APPLICANTS WILL COMMENCE FURTHER PROCESSING UNTIL EARLY 2012 SO IT'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER CHRISTMAS IN EIRE. THE AVERAGE WAITING-TIME IS 38-44 MONTHS AND THIS TIME-FRAME IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY TO CHANGE IN THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE ! YOUR APPLICATION IS KEPT ON FILE FOR APPROX. 27 MONTHS AND THEN IT TAKES ANOTHER 15 MONTHS TO GET ALL OTHER REPORTS ETC.....

aim
Newly Registered

Name change following Naturalisation

Post by aim » Thu May 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Hi

I am awaiting citizenship and would like to change my name. Assuming that I will get citizenship, is it better to change my name after obtaining Irish passport or can I change my name following obtaining naturalisation certificate so that I need not obtain passport twice?

Non-EU citizens need to obtain change of name license from DOJ. But, EU citizens can change without obtaining any license.

Thanks.

dublinlad

Post by dublinlad » Thu May 05, 2011 11:25 pm

Latan wrote:NONE OF 2009 APPLICANTS WILL COMMENCE FURTHER PROCESSING UNTIL EARLY 2012 SO IT'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER CHRISTMAS IN EIRE. THE AVERAGE WAITING-TIME IS 38-44 MONTHS AND THIS TIME-FRAME IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY TO CHANGE IN THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE ! YOUR APPLICATION IS KEPT ON FILE FOR APPROX. 27 MONTHS AND THEN IT TAKES ANOTHER 15 MONTHS TO GET ALL OTHER REPORTS ETC.....
Latan.. just curious where you getting all these information??
I applied on 5th Jan 2009..got acknowledgement on 9th jan 2009..my own initiative I sent passport update, P21 and bank statements last year..and got acknowledegement..no information or contact from INIS untill now..I think Latan may be right..waiting..waiting..waiting

still waiting

p21

Post by still waiting » Fri May 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi gUYS,
Doj have sent me letter to provide p21, B. S, and payslips now i want to ask in the year 09, 10, after my marriage revenue made my wife as an assessable spouse and all p21 are on her name, my details are shown as a spouse on the certificate i rang the revenue to get p21 on my name but they say they cant do it coz she is registered as nominated spouse in revenue.
so will it b ok if i send p21 on my wife name on top or should i make a covering letter explaining the situation.
will it b acceptable
please advice
thanx

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Re: p21

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri May 06, 2011 1:27 pm

still waiting wrote:Hi gUYS,
Doj have sent me letter to provide p21, B. S, and payslips now i want to ask in the year 09, 10, after my marriage revenue made my wife as an assessable spouse and all p21 are on her name, my details are shown as a spouse on the certificate i rang the revenue to get p21 on my name but they say they cant do it coz she is registered as nominated spouse in revenue.
so will it b ok if i send p21 on my wife name on top or should i make a covering letter explaining the situation.
will it b acceptable
please advice
thanx
send what you have, and send a cover letter to explain that's the proper way
peace on you

dublinlad

Post by dublinlad » Fri May 06, 2011 2:08 pm

still waiting

WHEN DID YOU APPLIED?

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Fri May 06, 2011 3:37 pm

dublinlad wrote:still waiting

WHEN DID YOU APPLIED?
end of jan 2009

AShawna

Re: Name change following Naturalisation

Post by AShawna » Fri May 06, 2011 7:42 pm

aim wrote:Hi

I am awaiting citizenship and would like to change my name. Assuming that I will get citizenship, is it better to change my name after obtaining Irish passport or can I change my name following obtaining naturalisation certificate so that I need not obtain passport twice?

Non-EU citizens need to obtain change of name license from DOJ. But, EU citizens can change without obtaining any license.

Thanks.
My name changed during my own process(by marriage) but I didnt bother notifying INIS. AFTER I got my naturalisation certificate, I applied for my passport in my new name and there was no problem with the passport office since I included my original marriage certificate.

I'd say it all depends on you and your reason for name change. I think a name change during INIS stage might cause further delays.
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

tullamore
BANNED

Post by tullamore » Tue May 10, 2011 4:03 pm

I've submitted a standard adult application for naturalisation just over 36 months ago (jan. 2008) and every time i enquire about the status of my application i get the same bull-shit answer in that they can not tell me how far they've progressed with the so-called further-processing- i think this sucks and the departmental staff at work should really start pulling their finger.....THIS IS BECOMING A JOKE. :evil:

Latan

Post by Latan » Tue May 10, 2011 4:17 pm

tullamore wrote:I've submitted a standard adult application for naturalisation just over 36 months ago (jan. 2008) and every time i enquire about the status of my application i get the same bull-shit answer in that they can not tell me how far they've progressed with the so-called further-processing- i think this sucks and the departmental staff at work should really start pulling their finger.....THIS IS BECOMING A JOKE. :evil:
------whaaaaa-----add on at least another 12 months tullamore------and tell me what u get ????// get it ????????///

you'll be lucky if u make it under 50 months !!!!!!!11!1!!!!!!!!!

tullamore
BANNED

Post by tullamore » Tue May 10, 2011 4:28 pm

Latan wrote:
tullamore wrote:I've submitted a standard adult application for naturalisation just over 36 months ago (jan. 2008) and every time i enquire about the status of my application i get the same bull-shit answer in that they can not tell me how far they've progressed with the so-called further-processing- i think this sucks and the departmental staff at work should really start pulling their finger.....THIS IS BECOMING A JOKE. :evil:
------whaaaaa-----add on at least another 12 months tullamore------and tell me what u get ????// get it ????????///

you'll be lucky if u make it under 50 months !!!!!!!11!1!!!!!!!!!
I really do not see this as amusing at all....i was completely taken by surprise the way my query was dealt with.

Latan

Post by Latan » Tue May 10, 2011 4:52 pm

read todays' irish times- 4 years' plus...."the difference is... we're OIRISSHH !!!!111!! Queen of hearts....knows all about heart-ache....knows all about pain....

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Tue May 10, 2011 5:18 pm

tullamore
BANNED

Post by tullamore » Tue May 10, 2011 8:28 pm

Well my next-door neighbour is going for 4 years already (Zimbabwean-national with his wife and 3 kids) he' s awaiting a reply and in the meanwhile they are really creaming the welfare system with 2 SKY boxes in the house all paid for by the tax-payer incl. a study-grant of 700 euro's and a bull-dog which really eats a lot of food.

. His solicitor told him there's no hurry because he WILL DEFINITELY get it, must just try and maximise his time here and collect as much as he can from social welfare. I don't mind as i get invited for a BBQ every friday-nite incl. beer and Hennessy brandy. But he also is appaled at the waiting-time.

dgnhly

Swearing an Oath

Post by dgnhly » Wed May 11, 2011 8:52 am

Dear Forum members,

This is one of my last posts. For the beneefit of the forum again. My application was approved on the 20/04/11 (opend the post box 25th).

On the 26/04/11 I called the my local discrict court (city centre-four courst). They advised me that earliest possible time avaialable for the court is 08/09/11 :shock:

So, I called other Dublin courts which none of them accepted me. I called Cork Discrict Court they did not accept me since I do not reside in Cork, and advised me that the Judge is very strict on that.

Any wa I lled ATHLONE, and they said come over on the 06/05/11. Went over there on the 06/05/11 and no problems whatsoever. Send all documents back on the 09/05/11

A friend of mine went to WEXFORD and he did not have any difficulties as well.

So, the next question is when do you think I will get the CERT guys? :roll:

AShawna

Re: Swearing an Oath

Post by AShawna » Wed May 11, 2011 9:51 am

dgnhly wrote:Dear Forum members,

This is one of my last posts.
You mean once you are sorted you wont be posting on the forum again? :?: Hmmm...I'll reserve my comment until I clarify what you mean by that
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Wed May 11, 2011 10:37 am

AShawna wrote:

This is one of my last posts.
You mean once you are sorted you wont be posting on the forum again? :?: Hmmm...I'll reserve my comment until I clarify what you mean by that

Yes AShawna, it is time to leave the forum, I tried to share all the information with the forum members that I have. And that is it!

But if anyone has any question/ query happy to share my experiences.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed May 11, 2011 11:31 am

tullamore,
I understand your fustration but it is appaling that you expose your neighbour life here...This is about you and not them.
And the emphasis on their nationality stigmatizes Zimbabwean as a whole. This is not right.

I understand your fustration but if you could only give us more infos about your application:
Example
1. applied on,
2. additional docs(i.e: P21)
3. current status with INIS is
4. your work history and current status
5. Any offences or convictions
6. Ever came to the attention of the Garda
7. Ever collected social benefits (if yes which ones)
etc...

We would be able to see as to why this is taking longer for you and maybe give you ideas how to re-ignite the life out of your application.

This is what this forum is all about and not bashing on your neighbour.

Note: you don't chose your neighbour, but they might save your life when your house catches fire....

Nanette.

tullamore wrote:Well my next-door neighbour is going for 4 years already (Zimbabwean-national with his wife and 3 kids) he' s awaiting a reply and in the meanwhile they are really creaming the welfare system with 2 SKY boxes in the house all paid for by the tax-payer incl. a study-grant of 700 euro's and a bull-dog which really eats a lot of food.

. His solicitor told him there's no hurry because he WILL DEFINITELY get it, must just try and maximise his time here and collect as much as he can from social welfare. I don't mind as i get invited for a BBQ every friday-nite incl. beer and Hennessy brandy. But he also is appaled at the waiting-time.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed May 11, 2011 11:37 am

"This is one of my last posts."
"So, the next question is when do you think I will get the CERT guys? "

Well if these are your last posts then I really don't give sh*t when you get your CERT...

This forum is for helping others. Your experience should enrich others and therefore from time to time drop by and see if you an advise, publicly or in privatly

Nanette

This is one of my last posts. For the beneefit of the forum again. My application was approved on the 20/04/11 (opend the post box 25th).

On the 26/04/11 I called the my local discrict court (city centre-four courst). They advised me that earliest possible time avaialable for the court is 08/09/11 :shock:

So, I called other Dublin courts which none of them accepted me. I called Cork Discrict Court they did not accept me since I do not reside in Cork, and advised me that the Judge is very strict on that.

Any wa I lled ATHLONE, and they said come over on the 06/05/11. Went over there on the 06/05/11 and no problems whatsoever. Send all documents back on the 09/05/11

A friend of mine went to WEXFORD and he did not have any difficulties as well.

So, the next question is when do you think I will get the CERT guys? :roll:

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Wed May 11, 2011 1:03 pm

any new newsx my friends

Latan

Post by Latan » Wed May 11, 2011 1:13 pm

read "living in limbo-land".....www.immigrantcouncil.ie....

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Wed May 11, 2011 1:17 pm

Nanette,

What a unfortunate and rude statement !
Let me start to point out few thing. As you may have noted I am junior member of the forum which I have only discovered and joined the team since April 11 and tried to share all my experiences in a very transparent and clear way, and I believe at least few of the team members already benefited already.

More importantly my posts are already in the system and is not that the whole point to create a traceable record which all members can benefit.

When I joined the forum and read the last circa 50 pages which was very informative. And I am sure most of the people are doing the same thing expect like you Nanette which appears that you have only a Ganglion type of nerve / brain system.

Quite frankly speaking I do not give a sh*t whether you give a sh*t of my innocent enquiry, since I know the process is a 2-6 weeks, which was already stated in DOJ's final letter (in the final letter it states - a formal certificate will be issued in the name of XXXXXX XXXXXX will normally issue within 6 weeks from the date we receive the required documenatation specified above.)

As a final suggestion to you Nanette, why dont you update scrudu's spread sheet instead of acting like a smart arse.

Sorry for the above, but Nanette's response was rude/ ferocious and more importantly unfair.

All the best guys,

[quote="nanette"]
"This is one of my last posts."
"So, the next question is when do you think I will get the CERT guys? "

Well if these are your last posts then I really don't give sh*t when you get your CERT...

This forum is for helping others. Your experience should enrich others and therefore from time to time drop by and see if you an advise, publicly or in privatly

Nanette