ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 - unable to find referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit33_99
Newly Registered

MN1 - unable to find referee

Post by amit33_99 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:49 am

guys..

I am applying for my daughter's naturalization application and unable to fine the professional referee who knows her professionally. Our GP refused to provide reference as it asks for his passport number. I have got an appointment with NCS tomorrow and I am confsude as to what should I do.... my daughter is only 2.5 years and does not go to school so we dont know any teacher as well...

anyone plz.. is it mandatory to provide professional reference... or is there any another way...?

any help would be highly appreciated...

cheers...

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu May 05, 2011 9:55 am

as far as I understand you do need a referee for MN1 applicant as well. try post office workers, Solicitors, dentists, your work mates ( any one with British Passport ) and some one with any nationality with professional standings could be director of VAT registered company . check the list on HO website. You should have get the forms signed and then book for NCS appointment. Good luck

amit33_99
Newly Registered

Post by amit33_99 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:06 am

Thank you for your input.

I thought the GP would sign it but he refused.

One of my friends knows MP of our borough. Is he considered as professional. I am confused because it says.. the referee must know the applicant in a professional capacity.. and e.g. given are doctor, teacher, health visitor and minister of religion and we dont know any of them...

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu May 05, 2011 10:09 am

Mp can sing as I said check the approved referee list on HO site

amit33_99
Newly Registered

Post by amit33_99 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:13 am

Thank you for your response and sorry to bother you but as per my understanding.. we need to provide two referees...

ONE should be professional who knows the kid in professional capacity.. and that should be from doctor, teacher, health visitor or minister of religion.. (as per guidance notes)

ANOTHER BRITISH, should be either professional ( from the ukba approved list ) or someone who is over 25 years..

so my query is regarding the FIRST one.. who knows my kid in professional capacity.. I can arrange the second one..

amit33_99
Newly Registered

Post by amit33_99 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:16 am

"One referee should have known the child personally and have been their doctor, teacher, health visitor, social worker, or minister of religion. The other referee must be a holder of a British citizen passport. He/she must be either a professional person or over the age of 25. See the list of Acceptable professional persons."

This is from the guidance notes.. sorry it says ONE referee should have known the child personally... and that is where I am struggling.....

any help would be highly appreciated....

tintin

Post by tintin » Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 am

Hello Amit, I would advise that you call them to discuss your situation. There might be a simple way out.

Have you asked her health visitor?

amit33_99
Newly Registered

Post by amit33_99 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:42 am

We moved to a place where we live just before SIX months and do not know the health visitor...

I will call ukba to find a way..

thnak you for your help

amit33_99
Newly Registered

Post by amit33_99 » Thu May 05, 2011 2:18 pm

Could not find the referee and had to cancel the NCS appointment... even could not get through the home office.. no one answers the phone.. keeps ringing... will have to wait until I find referees....

gg234

Post by gg234 » Thu May 05, 2011 3:57 pm

I read in this forum for below 3 years we need 2 refrences (Any professional references from home office list)

Below one may not be applied

ONE should be professional who knows the kid in professional capacity.. and that should be from doctor, teacher, health visitor or minister of religion.. (as per guidance notes)

amit33_99
Newly Registered

Post by amit33_99 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Could you please post the link.. as i could not find it...

who??
Newly Registered

Post by who?? » Thu May 05, 2011 5:22 pm

if possible try to get hold of your old gp/health visitor/nurse /dentist even the nursery nurses from where your toddler used to go for weight checks etc

tintin

Post by tintin » Thu May 05, 2011 9:37 pm

What options did you choose when you tried to ring? Choose options as if you have already applied and then you should be able to speak to someone.

Markie

Re: MN1 - unable to find referee

Post by Markie » Fri May 06, 2011 8:30 am

Amit33_99,

talk to your GP again...he can sign the doc and he can write "available upon request" on the area where it says british passport number... it can be done as I have used it and it is within the guidelines.

as quoted form the guideline:

6.3.6.9 Those acting in a professional capacity may not wish to provide their personal details. In such cases, we would be content for the person acting as a referee to put his or her business contact details. In addition, if the person does not wish their passport details to be seen by the person applying for citizenship, they can omit this from the form, entering “details available on requestâ€

amit33_99
Newly Registered

Post by amit33_99 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:56 am

Thank you tintin, I will try that...

Markie, I will speak to the GP again...

Thank you for your help..

Anyway, I have now cancelled my NCS appointment today and have to reschedule it once I get references...

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Tue May 31, 2011 2:24 pm

amit33_99 wrote:Thank you tintin, I will try that...

Markie, I will speak to the GP again...

Thank you for your help..

Anyway, I have now cancelled my NCS appointment today and have to reschedule it once I get references...
Hello Amit,

did you speak to people from NCS itself? have you managed to get the reference. what was the outcome please share your experience as i am also in the same situation.

ILR_Applicant_UK

Post by ILR_Applicant_UK » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:47 pm

Guys,

Have a look at this post: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

I used the same referees on my 4 yr old son's application as I did for myself and the mrs. The NCS lady didn't object. I haven't received any approval or rejection from the HO yet - but I doubt if it'll be a problem.

Riz

GiveMeBC
Newly Registered

Post by GiveMeBC » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi,

I also had similar situation for my 6 months doctor. I wrote an email to Home office and got reply from them saying that it is fine to get it sign by any professional person known to her.

Regards

ashvar123

Post by ashvar123 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:39 pm

My son 16 months old goes to nursery - can I get it signed by a carer in the nursery - is that acceptable..?
- Ashvar

charismatic_one

Post by charismatic_one » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi,
I am due to apply for my child's MN1 application tomorrow at NCS Bedworth.

In section 5, it asks for at least one professional referee who knows the child in professional capacity such as solicitor, teacher, minister of religion or health visitor. The child is just 18 months and does not go to nursery or school so can't get a teacher to sign. I don't know any social worker or minister of religion who could sign. The health visitor team declined and said its not their policy to sign forms.

I have got 2 work colleagues to sign as referees on his form, both professionals (fulfill the criteria on the exhaustive list of referees), are British citizens & over 25 years of age

Just wondering if someone had been in similar situation and suggest if this would be OK or if any of the experts could please help ?

Also if somebody could please share a format for cover letter as I was thinking to mention the details in a cover letter as well.

Help in this regard would be much appreciated...

Thanks & Regards.