ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Glasgow PEO - WP migrant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Wed May 04, 2011 12:52 am

It wasn't the best experience of PEO, but this has nothing to do with the salary requirement.
Appointment at Glasgow PEO at 10am. Got there at 9.05. 5 mins for security check, got a ticket at around 9.30, number called at around 10.15.

I prepared two sets of documents, one that I considered essential, and another that I was planning to give only if asked, all with photocopies.
1st set:
- letter from employer
- 3 payslips
- 3 bank statements
- 5 P60s
- Life in the UK test results
2nd set:
- 4 bank statements over the past two years (joint account with wife)
- Work Permit document
- council tax bill (with both names)
- mortgage statement (both names)
- 2 NHS letters (in wife's name)
- Electoral Registration letter (in wife's name)

The caseworker spoiled my plan as he asked to give all the documents I had and he will select what he needs. He then asked me to leave him and he will call me back.
15 mins later, he called me to say that he can't consider my case because there was an issue with my employer's name which is different from the one in my work permit (due to a merger with another company), and the new name was not showing in his system. I explained that my company did inform the HO about the change and pointed him to a relevant correspondence attached to the main letter. He asked me to leave him alone as he double check. He made some calls and discuss with his colleagues, then called me back. He said although he was now happy with the letter, he can't make a final decision on the case. He asked me to make the payment and he will take the case to those dealing with it in another room. He asked me not to leave the building as the other case worker might need more information, and he estimated that it could be done in 90 mins.

What a wait! And I was called about 2 hrs later, the longest in my life.
Before that, he gave me the documents he said they wouldn't need. He also gave me back all the photocopies I made.
He kept with the application:
- letter from employer
- 3 payslips
- 3 bank statements
- Work Permit document
- mortgage statement.

As per the letter itself, it reads:

To whom it may concern
This letter confirms that [my name] is [my grade and position] with [my company].
[Something about the company's name change]
[my name] has been employed continuously since [start date] and holds an indefinite contract of employment. [my company] has a requirement for this employment as a [my position] for the foreseeable future. [my name]'s current salary is £xxx per annum. [my company] confirms that this is above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the Codes of Practice for Tier 2 Sponsors (code [ccc] - [job title of the code ccc] - minimum published rate £yyy per annum).
Please contact me directly should you have any further queries.

As I mentioned before, the job title in the COP is not the same as my job title but he didn't say anything about it.
I left at about 1pm with 5 ILR stickers in our passports.

All the best to the future applicants.

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Wed May 04, 2011 9:58 am

congratulations...

so he didnot need any of the P60's as he has given back the P60's?

just below docs to make a decision for WP holder
- letter from employer
- 3 payslips
- 3 bank statements
- Work Permit document
- mortgage statement.

SunnyG
Newly Registered

Post by SunnyG » Wed May 04, 2011 10:12 am

Congratulations!

I may also apply for the ILR @ glasgow if possible. When did you try to make the appointment, e.g. 2 months ago or even earlier?

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Wed May 04, 2011 12:13 pm

I put the mortgage statement to prove cohabitation. I suspect they kept it as it covers a whole year.
Re. booking, I booked online exactly 6 weeks before the appointment date, at around 12.30-1pm.

genious

Post by genious » Wed May 04, 2011 12:42 pm

hi Pierrot95,

can i ask if you mind to tell your salary. i am on work permit, ILR due in 2 months but my salary is 22K, i am bit worried.

thanks,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 04, 2011 12:54 pm

genious, it is not the amount of salary that matters but whether you are being paid at the appropriate rate for the job you are doing.

So, for the SOC code that matches (or is close match of) the job responsibilities you hold if the appropriate equates to less than 22K pa, then you have a reason to worry. But if the appropriate rate equates to 22K pa or more then there is no reason to worry.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

riojamel

please some help

Post by riojamel » Thu May 05, 2011 9:30 am

many many congrats on ur ilr
mine in next 2 months
my wp shows 14500 pa
do i need to worry anything about my case
or any other info please help
yhanks

Gopaalan

Re: please some help

Post by Gopaalan » Thu May 05, 2011 12:43 pm

riojamel wrote:many many congrats on ur ilr
mine in next 2 months
my wp shows 14500 pa
do i need to worry anything about my case
or any other info please help
yhanks

As sushmedtha wrote
it is not the amount of salary that matters but whether you are being paid at the appropriate rate for the job you are doing.
so check you salary requirement for your job from Codes of Practise and you will know whether you need to worry.

And Pierrot95 congrats to you.

Cosmos

Post by Cosmos » Thu May 05, 2011 1:14 pm

Pierrot95 wrote:It wasn't the best experience of PEO, but this has nothing to do with the salary requirement.
Appointment at Glasgow PEO at 10am. Got there at 9.05. 5 mins for security check, got a ticket at around 9.30, number called at around 10.15.

I prepared two sets of documents, one that I considered essential, and another that I was planning to give only if asked, all with photocopies.
1st set:
- letter from employer
- 3 payslips
- 3 bank statements
- 5 P60s
2nd set:
- 4 bank statements over the past two years (joint account with wife)
- Work Permit document
- council tax bill (with both names)
- mortgage statement (both names)
- 2 NHS letters (in wife's name)
- Electoral Registration letter (in wife's name)

The caseworker spoiled my plan as he asked to give all the documents I had and he will select what he needs. He then asked me to leave him and he will call me back.
15 mins later, he called me to say that he can't consider my case because there was an issue with my employer's name which is different from the one in my work permit (due to a merger with another company), and the new name was not showing in his system. I explained that my company did inform the HO about the change and pointed him to a relevant correspondence attached to the main letter. He asked me to leave him alone as he double check. He made some calls and discuss with his colleagues, then called me back. He said although he was now happy with the letter, he can't make a final decision on the case. He asked me to make the payment and he will take the case to those dealing with it in another room. He asked me not to leave the building as the other case worker might need more information, and he estimated that it could be done in 90 mins.

What a wait! And I was called about 2 hrs later, the longest in my life.
Before that, he gave me the documents he said they wouldn't need. He also gave me back all the photocopies I made.
- letter from employer
- 3 payslips
- 3 bank statements
- Work Permit document
- mortgage statement.

As per the letter itself, it reads:

To whom it may concern
This letter confirms that [my name] is [my grade and position] with [my company].
[Something about the company's name change]
[my name] has been employed continuously since [start date] and holds an indefinite contract of employment. [my company] has a requirement for this employment as a [my position] for the foreseeable future. [my name]'s current salary is £xxx per annum. [my company] confirms that this is above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the Codes of Practice for Tier 2 Sponsors (code [ccc] - [job title of the code ccc] - minimum published rate £yyy per annum).
Please contact me directly should you have any further queries.

As I mentioned before, the job title in the COP is not the same as my job title but he didn't say anything about it.
I left at about 1pm with 5 ILR stickers in our passports.

All the best to the future applicants.
Congrats Pierrot95!

Could you please explain more about the electoral registration letter that you presented? Is this something that you can do without been British citizen? Is that the registration to vote?
thanks in advance

Regards

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:08 pm

Thanks all.

re. salary, I earn twice the amount required in the code that we put in the letter, and as said by others, the absolute salary doesn't matter as far as it is above the minimum wage.

@Cosmos,
Citizens of the 53 Commonwealth countries have the right to vote in the UK.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Fri May 06, 2011 6:18 am

Hello Pierrot95,

First of all congratulations to you for ILR.

I have same situation in terms of employee. i.e the original company is taken over by someone.

Did you got the letter from current employer for the fact that takeover has happened? in my new contract with current employer, it is mentioned that my employment would be considered continuous from the date i joined original employer.

Also did case worker or any one else asked you more questions about this later?

riojamel

hi sushdmehta

Post by riojamel » Fri May 06, 2011 9:34 am

hi sushdmehta
thanks for advising me to check codes of practice
please can u guide me how to use that
i have the work permit of confrence co-ordinato and salary on my work permit is 14500
PLEASE sushdmehta ADVICE ME HOW TO USE THIS CODES OF PRACTICE
THANKS

riojamel

HI sushdmehta

Post by riojamel » Fri May 06, 2011 9:48 am

HI sushdmehta
I HAVE WORK PERMIT OF CONFRENCE CORDINATOR AND SAARLY 14500 ON THAT
DO I NEED TO WORRY ABOUT SOMETHING
PLEASE ADVICE ME
I WAS CHECKING CODES OF PRACTICE ON UKBA SO I GOT THIS INFO

1222 Conference and exhibition managers
This page explains the skill level and appropriate salary rate for conference and exhibition managers, and tells you how to meet the resident labour market test.
1. Skill level
All jobs in this occupation code are at or above NVQ or SVQ level 3.
2. Appropriate salary rate
The job must be paid the minimum salary below, which is derived either from the Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings (ASHE) or, where alternative salary data is available, from an alternative code of practice.
Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings: No
Other code of practice: Yes
Minimum rates:
• Conference manager £20,000
• Events manager £19,000
• Hospitality manager £18,640
[Source: Reed salary survey, Caterer.com,

genious

Post by genious » Fri May 06, 2011 11:55 am

Pierrot95 wrote:Thanks all.

re. salary, I earn twice the amount required in the code that we put in the letter, and as said by others, the absolute salary doesn't matter as far as it is above the minimum wage.
i am on 22k and i am web developer, but my title does not have exact match. now there is only 1 COP of 20k but it is for graduate/entry level job. all other COP for developer role are above 26K.

so that's why i am bit worried...

any one?

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Sat May 07, 2011 11:16 am

If you HR fill in the technical change of employment form, you will get an updated WP document from Home Office and you are ok.
If not (as it was in my case), it will be a matter of luck. They can rightly refuse your ILR.
manyaonisland wrote:Hello Pierrot95,

First of all congratulations to you for ILR.

I have same situation in terms of employee. i.e the original company is taken over by someone.

Did you got the letter from current employer for the fact that takeover has happened? in my new contract with current employer, it is mentioned that my employment would be considered continuous from the date i joined original employer.

Also did case worker or any one else asked you more questions about this later?

BALAJI_UK

Post by BALAJI_UK » Sat May 07, 2011 11:49 pm

Hi Pierrot95,
Congrats for your ILR after a long wait at home office!!! Have couple of queries to you, let me know your experience which will help me and others to understand the atmosphere if we are going in person

Query1:
How good the case worker listen to your justifications as they said your case cannot be taken as the company names are different??

Query2:
You mentioned the case worker kept the following docs with you, do you mean they didn't handed over the docs after issuing your ILR?

- letter from employer
- 3 payslips
- 3 bank statements
- Work Permit document
- mortgage statement

Cheers!!
Applied: VFS Chennai - 22/08/12
Visa Refused - 14/11/2012
Refusal reason - Not provided P60 or copy of employment contract as evidence of your sponsor's gross income from their employment/income sources.

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Sun May 08, 2011 1:26 pm

BALAJI_UK wrote:How good the case worker listen to your justifications as they said your case cannot be taken as the company names are different??
Well, with a positive outcome, I can only say that he listened to me point, he went to make further checks and he concluded that there was no change of employment. It is the same job title at the same address as before the change, so it makes sense to assume that I didn't change my employer.
BALAJI_UK wrote:You mentioned the case worker kept the following docs with you, do you mean they didn't handed over the docs after issuing your ILR?
Cheers!!
I said he took all the documents I had, he did the initial checks, he gave me back what he didn't need;
after 2 hours, he gave me the other documents with the passports after issuing the visas.
Cheers.

Raj5

Post by Raj5 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:25 pm

sushdmehta wrote:genious, it is not the amount of salary that matters but whether you are being paid at the appropriate rate for the job you are doing.

So, for the SOC code that matches (or is close match of) the job responsibilities you hold if the appropriate equates to less than 22K pa, then you have a reason to worry. But if the appropriate rate equates to 22K pa or more then there is no reason to worry.
What will happen to a work permit holder who came in 2008 as a Tandoori chef and has salary of £17500 per annum. Does he need to have salary of £22000 before he applies for ILR?