ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

addresses pls help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

99minus8
Newly Registered

addresses pls help

Post by 99minus8 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:15 pm

Hiya

Great forum

Could you pls help with my situation. I' ve applied for naturalisation, in the last 2 years ( got my ILR in 2009) traveled around Europe for a couple of months . In the addresses section there will therefore be a gap between my current address and the previous one of several months. Was ( am) just renting a room, so as decided to travel after getting ILR, did not extend rent until my return and moved to a different city after coming back from travels. Will the gap be a problem for naturalization purposes? It can be seen in absences section I was out of the country...I did not mention it in a cover letter...should I write to them now or ignore it? Do not want to cause delay in my application....
So it is like this:

Current address - Jan 2011- Present
Previous address- Jan1999-November 2010

Would that be a problem u think?

From November 2010-January 2011 = traveled outside UK ( shows in absences section, would come to UK for a day/two and stay with a friend before return and moving to a different city)

Waiting for your replies
xxx

daniash

Post by daniash » Fri May 06, 2011 5:04 pm

I'm in a similar situation. I have a 3 month gap during which I didn't rent any property to save money while I was away. I have explained this in my covering letter and I would advise you to do the same. I don't think it's a problem as such, but I thought that being open about it was better than leaving them to try and figure out why the gap was there.
Hope this helps!

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri May 06, 2011 6:55 pm

There is a spare page,where you should explain this and detail your travel schedule.
Shouldn't be a problem

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Thank you so much

That's the thing...I did not write to them anything regarding this issue, it just came across mind after i posted my application
Do you think I should write to them now, and ask to include the explanation letter together with the application, or wait for them to ask the question about it??

Thank you, pls share your views

xxx

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri May 06, 2011 9:44 pm

Whats done is done.
I guess you did not go via NCS, or else they would have advised you regarding this.
Best to wait and watch and be prepared to submit a letter.

All the best

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:49 pm

gidoc wrote:Whats done is done.
I guess you did not go via NCS, or else they would have advised you regarding this.
Best to wait and watch and be prepared to submit a letter.

All the best
Thank you for your reply.

I have actually used their services. They never said anything. I just thought about it myself next day after submission.

So you think I should not write to them now and stay put? :)

Appreciate your thoughts so much, thanx again

xxx

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri May 06, 2011 10:19 pm

Hmmm, that is surprising as an expert advisor should have picked up the gaps in your residence.
Yes, stay put, ' let sleeping dogs' lie!

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:05 pm

gidoc wrote:Hmmm, that is surprising as an expert advisor should have picked up the gaps in your residence.
Yes, stay put, ' let sleeping dogs' lie!

Yeah, she did not pick up on that. I can only assume she did not notice. And I thought it is only permanent UK addresses that should be included. Dont know why suddenly I had another thought now, perhaps it is my intuition

xxx