ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (HSMP) holder - eligible for ILR but without a job

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

poppy913

Tier 1 (HSMP) holder - eligible for ILR but without a job

Post by poppy913 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:10 pm

Hi guys,

I came to the UK in Oct 2005 on HSMP, now converted to Tier 1. Recent visa extension will bring my stay to Aug 2013 but as I'm eligible to apply for ILR now, I'm wondering if it's a good idea to do it eventhough I haven't been working for the last 9 months.

I've recently started to look for a job (3rd week of job search now) and hope to secure something soon (but who knows how long it'll take). Thinking of applying for ILR as I'm looking to buy a flat and was told that PRs get better mortgage rates.

Thoughts and advices appreciated.

poppy913

Re: Tier 1 (HSMP) holder - eligible for ILR but without a jo

Post by poppy913 » Fri May 06, 2011 5:58 pm

anyone?? :(
poppy913 wrote:Hi guys,

I came to the UK in Oct 2005 on HSMP, now converted to Tier 1. Recent visa extension will bring my stay to Aug 2013 but as I'm eligible to apply for ILR now, I'm wondering if it's a good idea to do it eventhough I haven't been working for the last 9 months.

I've recently started to look for a job (3rd week of job search now) and hope to secure something soon (but who knows how long it'll take). Thinking of applying for ILR as I'm looking to buy a flat and was told that PRs get better mortgage rates.

Thoughts and advices appreciated.

kunald

Post by kunald » Fri May 06, 2011 7:30 pm

Under new rules (since April 6 2011) the ILR is points based too. Do you think you would be able to score enough points on salary (even though you were not working for the past 9 months)? Having a job (economically active) is viewed favourably when granting ILR.

If you are still able to score points for ILR, I would advise you to wait till you get a job and apply for ILR soon after. All the best.

poppy913

Post by poppy913 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Ok, so I found out more info. Would like to share in case anyone is the same shoes.

As I arrived before Nov 2006, I fall under the judicial review. This means I do NOT need to score points for ILR. I do however need to be employed at time of application. Here's the link if anyone's interested:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... review-09/

poppy913

Post by poppy913 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:34 pm

kunald wrote:Under new rules (since April 6 2011) the ILR is points based too. Do you think you would be able to score enough points on salary (even though you were not working for the past 9 months)? Having a job (economically active) is viewed favourably when granting ILR.

If you are still able to score points for ILR, I would advise you to wait till you get a job and apply for ILR soon after. All the best.

Thanks! :)