ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish spouse would like to change status to Ibc

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ojoge
Newly Registered

Irish spouse would like to change status to Ibc

Post by ojoge » Sun May 01, 2011 3:51 pm

I posted a few posts here last year. Just wondering if it's possible to change my status under the new Eu Irish born child? I got stamp 4 last year which will expire in two months time. I am thinking maybe it's possible to stand my ground based on my child? Please I need your advice.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sun May 01, 2011 6:51 pm

Why don't you just renew your stamp 4 on the basis of your marriage to an Irish national?

Far less complicated. Just go to your local garda station or GNIB if living in Dublin with your spouse, their passport and yours and marriage certificate to renew it.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

rlow68

Re: Irish spouse would like to change status to Ibc

Post by rlow68 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:32 am

ojoge wrote:I posted a few posts here last year. Just wondering if it's possible to change my status under the new Eu Irish born child? I got stamp 4 last year which will expire in two months time. I am thinking maybe it's possible to stand my ground based on my child? Please I need your advice.
I believe it is possible, go and consult your solicitor, if you have none go to Brophy solicitors, they are good on immigration matters. It is better to be on your own based on your Irish child, I can realise what you are going through.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Tue May 03, 2011 9:41 am

Don't people married to Irish Citizens get stamp 4. You got stauts, right, it should be very very simple, and more importantly, less time consuming than applying under Zambrano.

Do you have martial problems, is that why you are asking?

Either way, one may still get status on basis of length of relationship if it did, sadly break down.

And if that failed, you can rely on Zambrano providing you have proof that you are an active parent.

There is nothing stopping you making an application on Zambrano now though.

Do see a lawyer because, some how, I see the Dept responding a long the lines of " you already have status on basis of your marriage, please produce evidence of subsisting" and decide to renew on that basis

What does "I can realise what you are going through." mean? Doesn't one have status / safe as it is?

ojoge
Newly Registered

Post by ojoge » Fri May 06, 2011 6:40 pm

Thanks for your concerns. There is marital problems, I have tried my best so things could work but no sign of changes. I am rendered useless, I can't look for a job n co. That why I asked about the Zambrano law. My marriage will be three years next Feb 2012. If I did apply under Zambrano will it affect me putting for citizenship?

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sat May 07, 2011 2:45 pm

ojoge wrote:Thanks for your concerns. There is marital problems, I have tried my best so things could work but no sign of changes. I am rendered useless, I can't look for a job n co. That why I asked about the Zambrano law. My marriage will be three years next Feb 2012. If I did apply under Zambrano will it affect me putting for citizenship?
if the marriage is ending make sure you have access right to child.as you married you have joint guardianship.great if spouse agrees get a letter from her.if not seek rights in court (you need to show you are an active parent) if you can,pay maintenance for child.you should be ok under zambrano then.you getting irish citizenship should be last thing on your mind.but no it wont.you need 5 years residence with stamp 1,3 or 4.all as there's no gaps your ok so long as your self sufficent for 3 years

ojoge
Newly Registered

Re: walrusgumble

Post by ojoge » Sat May 07, 2011 4:31 pm

What does active parent mean? We all live together as of today. We had our child 2008 sept and we got married 2009 Feb. I was reading about this automatic guardianship last night but got so confused. Thirdly, why will I need a letter from my wife and what will she have to state in the letter?