ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application date on completed visa form... please help!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajackett
Newly Registered

Application date on completed visa form... please help!

Post by ajackett » Sun May 08, 2011 12:13 am

Hi guys,

I have just applied for my UK Ancestry visa but just came across a problem upon reviewing my visa completion form.

I started to fill in the visa form on 22nd April but as I did not have all information, and had my expected date of travel as 3rd August, I saved the application to finish later. I requested that this be the visa start date. I finished and submitted it on 5th May. I am in Melbourne 23rd May and this is the day I have booked my biometrics appointment. I have paid for the fee also.

However, upon reviewing my visa form to print off, the "application date" showing on the form is 22nd April. So this means now that my biometrics appointment is technically 30 days after the "application date" and my expected travel date is more than 3 months after the application date.

Does anyone know if I am able to get this "application date" on the form changed, as it seems that I will lose the application due to having to have biometrics done within 30 days which I can not physically do.

Any advice much appreciated.

Edit: I just tried to change my biometrics appointment and I can't get it done past 3rd June (more than 30 days after submission) so maybe that will be ok? still interested on thoughts re visa start date.