ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed please

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abdallaeldemiri
Newly Registered

Help needed please

Post by abdallaeldemiri » Sun May 08, 2011 8:50 am

Hi, I've sent my documents on the 13th of April to the home office on this address UK Border Agency
Tier 1
PO Box 496
Durham
DH99 1WQ

Since then I haven't received anything. The application that I filled was printed before the 6th of April; the fees were 550.. then I was checking the website to find out that it's increased to 594. However, the account covered the money as I am paying by Visa Debit.

I checked with the post, and it was delivered next day.
It's the 8th of May today, and the payment wasn't taken and I didn't receive any letter. Is this is normal? What shall I do?
Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun May 08, 2011 9:48 am

It doesn't matter that you paid by debit card they can't put through the payment for more than the amount you signed for on the payment details page. Your application is likely to be rejected as invalid. You could try to submit a new payment details page from the new form but its probably too late now. When does your leave expire?

abdallaeldemiri
Newly Registered

Post by abdallaeldemiri » Sun May 08, 2011 10:01 am

Thanks for your reply. Why would it be invalid? Even if it's rejected, why haven't they sent me back my documents?
Is there is a number I can call them on?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun May 08, 2011 10:34 am

abdallaeldemiri wrote:Thanks for your reply. Why would it be invalid? Even if it's rejected, why haven't they sent me back my documents?
Is there is a number I can call them on?
It will be rejected as invalid because you haven't paid the correct fee.

They are notoriously slow at sending back documents in this scenario. Has your leave expired yet?

abdallaeldemiri
Newly Registered

Post by abdallaeldemiri » Sun May 08, 2011 10:52 am

My leave expires by the end of September. But this is not the point. The issue now is that I didn't maintain the 800 pounds in the account.. I used some of them.. So I'll have to wait extra three months.. which I won't do.

Is there is any chance that it's just getting delayed? or they just withdraw the 594 and things go fine.

Roughly, how long does it take to send it back?

Thanks

Celtic

Post by Celtic » Sun May 08, 2011 1:38 pm

UKBA will return your application back as invalid. It normally takes a month for them to return documents back from the day your application deemed as invalid. And no they will not even attempt to debit the correct fee because you didn't authorise for it.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun May 08, 2011 4:39 pm

abdallaeldemiri wrote:My leave expires by the end of September. But this is not the point. The issue now is that I didn't maintain the 800 pounds in the account.. I used some of them.. So I'll have to wait extra three months.. which I won't do.

Is there is any chance that it's just getting delayed? or they just withdraw the 594 and things go fine.

Roughly, how long does it take to send it back?

Thanks
As per my previous post, they can't withdraw the £594 as this is not what you authorised. They are likely to reject the applicaiton as invalid

You can either

1) do nothing and wait for them to send it back
2) withdraw your application explaining why
3) write to them with a new payment authorisation form for the correct amount although it may well be too late for this

Why can't you wait another 3 months?

abdallaeldemiri
Newly Registered

Post by abdallaeldemiri » Sun May 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Well, I am waiting for the documents anyway.
How can I send them a new payment form? Is it really too late?
Is this is for sure that it will be rejected?
Is there is anyway I can call them to sort it out?

Thanks