ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Whent to apply? Intended date of travel or course start date

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jodielondon
Newly Registered

Whent to apply? Intended date of travel or course start date

Post by jodielondon » Sun May 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Hello all,

Sorry to post again, but I found some contradicting information about the earliest date you can apply for your VISA.

I read on the UK Border Agency Website it reads that you can only apply 3 months before the start of your course.

However when I click "Where to apply" for the USA, I get redirected to the Worldbridge website and on their page they say

" you can apply for a UK visa up to 3 months in advance of your intended date of travel to the UK"

http://www.visainfoservices.com/Pages/C ... y_PAGE#WTA

As I am going to be attending a course > 6 months, I am allowed to travel 1 months before the start of the course.

When should I apply if my course starts on the 19th September, but I intend to travel on the 20th August?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun May 08, 2011 6:24 pm

apply and travel are not the same thing.

jodielondon
Newly Registered

Post by jodielondon » Sun May 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Sorry I don't understand.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun May 08, 2011 6:36 pm

I misread your post. I thought you were saying the discrepancy was whether you could apply 3 months before the course or one month the course.

the answer is in the immigration rules:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/

116. A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies will only be considered to be valid if:

(a) it was issued no more than 6 months before the application is made,

(b) the application for entry clearance or leave to remain is made no more than 3 months before the start date of the course of study as stated on the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies,

jodielondon
Newly Registered

Post by jodielondon » Sun May 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

I find it upsetting that the company the UK border agency uses in the USA provides incorrect information.