ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Co-Habitation Proof!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MyHSMPApplication

Co-Habitation Proof!

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Sun May 08, 2011 8:12 am

Hi All,

1 . Can Credit Card statements be considered as co-habitation proof ?
2 . How many documents should one provide to prove cohabitation ?
3 . Do you think the following documents should suffice

• Council Tax Bills addressing to both primary applicant and dependent covering last 2 years
    Bank Statement addressing to both primary applicant and dependent covering last 2 years
    Credit card statement addressed to both primary applicant and dependent
Pls let me know

KR
PG

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Sun May 08, 2011 9:48 am

don't just rely on these documents, the case worker can certainly ask you for more. other examples are letter from GP, medical card, phone bills, gas, electric, water, etc etc

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Also refer to SET(M) form (Section 10, Note 8 (on page 15)) or refer to FLR(M) form (Section 11, Note 8 (on page 19)).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Sun May 08, 2011 7:31 pm

thanks guys for the prompt response.

Do you feel the same would be required for SET O applications too?

Has anyone been successful w/o having provided 6 different source of letters addressed to both partners covering the 2 year period ?

KR

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Sun May 08, 2011 8:08 pm

Hi, I will be applying for ILR in Jul-11. I am planning to hold following docs towards co-habitation. We have changed 4 houses from last yrs due to my assignments at different locations, so here are the documents.

House-1 -> NHS cards for Both
House-2 -> NHS cards for Both (I missed my wife's one, but planning to get letter from surgery, saying we registered with GP on particular date).
House-3 -> NHS cards, My Wife Virgin Bill, My gas bill
House-4 -> NHS cards, Water bill (which is on both names) and Polling cards.

***We are in House-4 from last 6 months and planning submit only these documents along with appl but remaining will be shown only on demand.

I think this should be fine. If any one has any suggestion please let me know.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun May 08, 2011 8:53 pm

From all I have read on this forum, they only want to ensure the couple live together and submitting a few well selected letters spanning 2 years or a lot of letters dont make any difference.
Also not that if you have been living and travelling together, most entry and exit stamps in the passport plus any visas will all corroborate the fact that you are actually together.

The requirement is only about 6 letters showing both your names or letters addressed separately but at the same address over 2 years - so you should really be fine. What you have below is fine and provide some more documents as they request for it. I know a few of my friends where they dint even bother for any documents and thats because all their passport entry and exit stamps were the same and the dependant always had similar visas and travel history

KP

kiraninuganti
Newly Registered

Joint bank statement enough as co-habitation proof??

Post by kiraninuganti » Tue May 10, 2011 12:08 pm

HI, I m applying for ILR under pre nov 2006 category with a dependant. All I have as proof of co-habitation are joint bank account statements covering 2 years. Would that be enough?