ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

calrifiatino on income

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cpq.hims
BANNED

calrifiatino on income

Post by cpq.hims » Fri May 06, 2011 1:49 pm

Guys can you help with below:

i know for salary ukba considers gross salary to ascertain your band, in my situation m just over 35k band....in my gross salary i get 80 pounds a month under the head "PMI" which is basically dental insurance paid by company and get deducted as well.....

can you confirm me if this wil be counted towards my earnings if not then i will fall short by few hundered pounds ....so its very important for me to find out....

also i can take 200 pounds from my office for gym which will come as taxable income under the head "PMI" would it also be counted towards my salary????m trying to find out about this as i am just short of few hundered quid:(
and i dont know what this "PMI" stands for...

thanks to advice

cpq.hims
BANNED

Post by cpq.hims » Fri May 06, 2011 2:02 pm

guys plz help:(

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Sat May 07, 2011 2:50 pm

cpq.hims wrote:guys plz help:(
Gross salary is basically what you earn before any deduction is made. As with my work place for example, gym membership and health insurance are additional benefits and not part of my gross salary.
If I was you, I will check with the payroll department or HR.

*PMI- Private Medical Insurance.
I also have this as part of my contract.

Better still, check your employment letter. :wink:
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

cpq.hims
BANNED

Post by cpq.hims » Sun May 08, 2011 9:33 pm

hey thanks for replying, thats exactly what i want to know...i have spoken to my hr and PMI is the additional benefit but as i said it comes in my salary gross section as PMI and get deducted under deductions...

if this would be counted towards my earnings then m sorted otherwise i fall shoft for extension...can you please clarify this???
thanksss

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Sun May 08, 2011 10:46 pm

cpq.hims wrote:hey thanks for replying, thats exactly what i want to know...i have spoken to my hr and PMI is the additional benefit but as i said it comes in my salary gross section as PMI and get deducted under deductions...

if this would be counted towards my earnings then m sorted otherwise i fall shoft for extension...can you please clarify this???
thanksss
From what I gleaned from the HO policy guidance,only allowances etc will be considered as part of your gross earnings. So in this case, your PMI is a benefit and not money you earned as part of your contractual renumeration. On page 18.No 101, there is a list of what can be deemed to be part of your earnings.
This list may not be exhautive but it doesn't appear that your PMI will be considered as part of your gross salary.

I'd suggest you seek further guidance on this matter.

cpq.hims
BANNED

Post by cpq.hims » Sun May 08, 2011 11:07 pm

thanks buddy..can you point me to the link you are mentioning???
thanks a lot again!

cpq.hims
BANNED

Post by cpq.hims » Sun May 08, 2011 11:11 pm

also one more thing, i switched job a month ago and for 18 days i was paid from my ex company and they paid me for holidays that i dind't take and for 12 days i was paid by my new company...can i claim both the earnings for points??/and would my payment of bonus and holiday by my previous company would b counted towards gross income????

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon May 09, 2011 8:56 am

cpq.hims wrote:also one more thing, i switched job a month ago and for 18 days i was paid from my ex company and they paid me for holidays that i dind't take and for 12 days i was paid by my new company...can i claim both the earnings for points??/and would my payment of bonus and holiday by my previous company would b counted towards gross income????
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

You can claim earnings(incl holiday&bonus) from more than 1 source over a 12 month period in any 15 months before your date of application. So yes, you can claim earnings from your old employer.

If you are currently on a Tier 1 visa then you should know these things my friend.

I can confirm though, that the PMI will not count towards your gross earnings since this is a benefit and not part of your take-home-pay before tax.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

cpq.hims
BANNED

Post by cpq.hims » Mon May 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Thanks buddyy...I knw these statements as there lot of exceptions but it looks clear to me...appreciate ur help mate!

akash08

Post by akash08 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:44 pm

No doubt your insurance payment does not count to earning. I have exactly similar payment in my payslip.

However I am just back from PEO,Solihull and the case worker was simply adding up the gross earning in a calculator.. did not bother to check what is what..

I only told her that I did not consider insurance payment under gross payment and she said OK.

so, if you are desperate, you can take a chance and you may be lucky based on what I saw.

cpq.hims
BANNED

Post by cpq.hims » Tue May 10, 2011 1:43 am

thanks mate..i had a similar feedback from one of my colleaugue, he said that they calculated his points including the payment for medical insurance as it was coming in her pay slips....so bascially its your luck apart from the policy ...lol

cpq.hims
BANNED

Post by cpq.hims » Tue May 10, 2011 1:46 am

Also i spoke to someone and was told that any money that you earn which is subject to tax and appears on your payslips would b counted towards gross salary(for eg. overtime, bonus, etc)...i think this is hte easier way of understanding....