ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed - legacy case

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deejayb
Newly Registered

Help needed - legacy case

Post by deejayb » Mon May 09, 2011 8:21 am

I received a letter in which they said i have no bases of stay in Uk and I should leave volunyarily or they will remove me. The documents that I first sent for the legacy were my daughters bairth certificate and a copy of her british book and my educational certificates. Now i have got letters from my daughters mother. friends, cousins and neighbors. My daughter will be three in august and she is british but not living with the mother. I am kindly asking for help on the type of letter I should write. Should i plead to them for reconsideration or threaten them for JR or is there any alternative as I do not have any money to get a solicitor. Not working at the moment. Any example of letter or type of application will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

joh118

Re: Help needed. Legacy case refusal

Post by joh118 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:26 am

deejayb wrote:I received a letter in which they said i have no bases of stay in Uk and I should leave volunyarily or they will remove me. The documents that I first sent for the legacy were my daughters bairth certificate and a copy of her british book and my educational certificates. Now i have got letters from my daughters mother. friends, cousins and neighbors. My daughter will be three in august and she is british but not living with the mother. I am kindly asking for help on the type of letter I should write. Should i plead to them for reconsideration or threaten them for JR or is there any alternative as I do not have any money to get a solicitor. Not working at the moment. Any example of letter or type of application will be very much appreciated. Thank you.
did they know that you have a British daughter??? It is unlikely they did because they would have granted.

I would ask for a reconsideration before JR or any other legal threat. It may just be a simple case of lack of knowledge of your situation by the HO.

In the letter just mention that you have a daughter here. Include all necessary evidence.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Help needed. Legacy case refusal

Post by Greenie » Mon May 09, 2011 12:22 pm

deejayb wrote:I received a letter in which they said i have no bases of stay in Uk and I should leave volunyarily or they will remove me. The documents that I first sent for the legacy were my daughters bairth certificate and a copy of her british book and my educational certificates. Now i have got letters from my daughters mother. friends, cousins and neighbors. My daughter will be three in august and she is british but not living with the mother. I am kindly asking for help on the type of letter I should write. Should i plead to them for reconsideration or threaten them for JR or is there any alternative as I do not have any money to get a solicitor. Not working at the moment. Any example of letter or type of application will be very much appreciated. Thank you.
have the acknowledged the evidence you have sent them?

what do you mean by 'british book'

who is the child living with?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon May 09, 2011 1:48 pm

in your previous thread, I advised you of this:
Greenie wrote:If child not living with you then you should provide further evidence of your role in her life. Photos of up with her may not be enough. Do you have a formal contact order or written agreement for contact? Can you get the child's mother to confirm your involvement. Does your child go to nursery or have a health visitor can you get letters from them?
did you follow this advice or just rely on the birth certificate and photos

deejayb
Newly Registered

Post by deejayb » Mon May 09, 2011 4:28 pm

I was unable to get the letter from the mother before the decision was made. I have got all the evidences now.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon May 09, 2011 4:56 pm

have they acknowledged the evidence you did send them?

what do you mean by 'british book'

who is the child living with?

deejayb
Newly Registered

Post by deejayb » Mon May 09, 2011 9:06 pm

The child is living with the mother but i visit them everyday and the mother has given me a letter to confirm that. i sent a copy of my daughters british passport. They did not acknowledge receipt of the evedence documents.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:36 pm

deejayb wrote:My legacy case was refused and I wrote a reconsideration letter on the bases of my british daughter and I enclosed letters from the mother of my child and the child minder confirming my support and regular visit to the my daughter.
Yesterday, my daughter's childminder said UKBA telephone her asking for me and wheher she is the one that wrote the reference letter for me. Today again the mother of my daughter said some one called her asking to speak to me and she told her to hold on for 2minutes but they were inpatient and said they will call another time. Can someone tell me what is going on and if indeed they want to talk to me they have my email and why the person who spoke to my daughter's mother was impatient if indeed she wants to talk to me. I am confused and I dont know what is going on.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

deejayb
Newly Registered

Post by deejayb » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:25 am

I received a letter from my MP about the letter of reconsideration that i sent to UKBA baout my refused leagcy. The MP said that UKBA told her that they have received my reconsideration request and my case is awaiting consideration. She further said that UKBA told her that I have a criminal conviction. The criminal conviction was my drink driving conviction in which I was disqualify for 9 months. I submited all the evidences, a letter from the mother to con firm my everyday visit and support to the child, a letter from the child minder because i picked the child up when the mother drop her to go to work, letter from neighbore and cousin. I am just worried about this conviction and how long is it going to take before they consider my case. Can I accept the letter from my MP as a proof that they have recieved my reconsideration letter? Can some please advise me on what to do next? thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:53 pm

deejayb wrote:I received a letter from my MP about the letter of reconsideration that i sent to UKBA baout my refused leagcy. The MP said that UKBA told her that they have received my reconsideration request and my case is awaiting consideration. She further said that UKBA told her that I have a criminal conviction. The criminal conviction was my drink driving conviction in which I was disqualify for 9 months. I submited all the evidences, a letter from the mother to con firm my everyday visit and support to the child, a letter from the child minder because i picked the child up when the mother drop her to go to work, letter from neighbore and cousin. I am just worried about this conviction and how long is it going to take before they consider my case. Can I accept the letter from my MP as a proof that they have recieved my reconsideration letter? Can some please advise me on what to do next? thanks
yes you can accept that as proof that they have your reconsideration letter. You should seek legal advice from a competent immigration solicitor or advisor on the effect of your conviction on your case.

deejayb
Newly Registered

Post by deejayb » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:02 pm

Thanks for your assistance and advise. Will they look into the new evidences that I submited to decide my case?