ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what the procedure moving to uk from ireland?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

momo2008
Newly Registered

what the procedure moving to uk from ireland?

Post by momo2008 » Mon May 09, 2011 2:04 pm

I live with my wife and 4 month baby in ireland she is is british,I have stamp 4 eufam valid for 5 yeaars,we would like to move to uk,can any one advise me what to please?(do i have to apply for visa in ireland or move to uk and apply for residency?we have enought money to support our self,place to stay,we might have job too )

joh118

Re: what the procedure moving to uk from ireland?

Post by joh118 » Mon May 09, 2011 2:16 pm

momo2008 wrote:I live with my wife and 4 month baby in ireland she is is british,I have stamp 4 eufam valid for 5 yeaars,we would like to move to uk,can any one advise me what to please?(do i have to apply for visa in ireland or move to uk and apply for residency?we have enought money to support our self,place to stay,we might have job too )
As your wife is British, you will need to get a spouse visa. You will need to apply for one in Ireland before you come to UK.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon May 09, 2011 2:50 pm

You will need to apply for an EEA family permit, which can take up to 8 weeks and is valid for 6 months. This will enable you to enter the UK and to work immediately.

You can then apply for a residence card using the "Surinder Singh" principle as the spouse of a UK national returning to their home country under EU law. Please note, this option is only available if your spouse has worked in another EU country (ie: Ireland) for a sufficient amount of time, usually 6 months or more. You will need documentary evidence to prove she has worked in Ireland and that you have lived here also.

If you have the above, then your application should be very straight forward.

If not, then as the other poster said, you can apply for a spouse visa, but I was under the impression that you need to return to your home country to apply for a spouse visa, I stand open to correction. The spouse visa is not free.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: what the procedure moving to uk from ireland?

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed May 11, 2011 5:12 pm

momo2008 wrote:I live with my wife and 4 month baby in ireland she is is british,I have stamp 4 eufam valid for 5 yeaars,we would like to move to uk,can any one advise me what to please?(do i have to apply for visa in ireland or move to uk and apply for residency?we have enought money to support our self,place to stay,we might have job too )
Momo,
Tell us what your wife was doing in Ireland before the baby arrived. It helps in answering your question.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Wed May 11, 2011 9:41 pm

Monifé
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:50 pm Post subject:
You will need to apply for an EEA family permit, which can take up to 8 weeks and is valid for 6 months. This will enable you to enter the UK and to work immediately

just wondering it says on the british embassy website eea family permits take about 3 working days just wanted to confirm did it take 8 weeks in ur case.i was thinking of applying it for my wife

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

Sohail4peace

My experience with uk visas

Post by Sohail4peace » Thu May 26, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi guys

I would like to share my experince..I used to live in ireland until 11march 2010 at stamp 4eufam. My wife was uk national. My baby was born in ireland he holds dual nationality Irish and british.
My wife was living and working in ireland for almost a year average 20 hours a week.
We decided to settle down in uk so for this first I applied uk family permit just for visit purpose first in nov 2009. Its free of cost and after submitting online application with in 2 days I got email confirmation for its approval.
We came england just for 3 days on visit and move back to ireland.

Then I decided to apply UK spousal visa for 2 year.
I submitted my application in jan 2010. And just in 3 days I got approval and We moved to england.

Thats all about my experience.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: My experience with uk visas

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri May 27, 2011 2:38 am

Sohail4peace wrote:Then I decided to apply UK spousal visa for 2 year.
I submitted my application in jan 2010. And just in 3 days I got approval and We moved to england.
How much did the application for the spouse visa cost you? Why did you decide to do that instead of just getting another EEA FP?

dotsystem
Nigeria

Post by dotsystem » Fri May 27, 2011 10:15 am

aswadref wrote:Monifé
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:50 pm Post subject:
You will need to apply for an EEA family permit, which can take up to 8 weeks and is valid for 6 months. This will enable you to enter the UK and to work immediately

just wondering it says on the british embassy website eea family permits take about 3 working days just wanted to confirm did it take 8 weeks in ur case.i was thinking of applying it for my wife

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes
It took 15 working days for mine. I applied under surinder singh. My wife is uk national self employed in ireland for 6 months.

Sohail4peace

Post by Sohail4peace » Fri May 27, 2011 4:01 pm

The settlement visa fees was quite high I think it was around 700 euro not remember exactly. You can check exactly through their website.

And I decided to take spousal visa because after 2 year I can apply Indefinate leave to remain ( This is UK national route).
But If you choose European route (I mean surrinder singh route ).
First you need to take 6 month family permit ( free of cost and speedy process)
secondly after 6 month or during 6 month family permit visa you have to apple resedence car valid for 5 year ( free of cost )

And then after 5 year you will get your permenent resedency but free of cost again.
The main diffrence between UK national route and EU route is Lenght of resedency for perment or ILR visa and fees.
EU route is absolutley free aand speedy but UK national route is not free but I think its quite speedy now.

Hope it helps

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri May 27, 2011 11:27 pm

It is better to go via spouse of british route as mentioned by earlier poster regarding ILR but also after 3 years of residency as a spouse of brit one can apply for British citizenship and the app processing is alot quicker (6 months bang on) then the micky mouse system here in the Irish republic (26 months and keep on counting). But if one wants to save few quids and or there are complications in the case then better go via EU Fam route as chances of refusal are very low IMHO.