ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are Photocpies required for ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vichitra
Newly Registered

Are Photocpies required for ILR Application

Post by Vichitra » Mon May 09, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi ,

Last released Set O Application form on Pg 32 Sec 10 mentions that photocopies are needed of original documents submitted.

Can some confirm that are these something that Home Office looks at or keeps with themselves and when they mean photocopies of all documents it means ALL and not just the passport ?

Can people who've got through the ILR process in the last one month comment on my query please ? I have seen a few posts but only one or two mention of photocopies being submitted as part of documents.

Got an appointment on Freaky Fri the 13 at Croydon so your answers would save me some effort and some trees too !!
Thinking about the environment.... hence the question

vjkkjv
Newly Registered

Post by vjkkjv » Mon May 09, 2011 4:39 pm

From reading about other peoples experiences at the PEO, it appears that photocopies are not essential but are "good to have".

I am applying for ILR at Croydon on 13th as well :) (and taking photocopies of all the documents).

Good luck .

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Mon May 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Guys,,

Could you please post your experience in PEO after you attend PEO on 13th

All the Best with your application..

Hyacinth
Newly Registered

P'copies needed

Post by Hyacinth » Mon May 09, 2011 5:37 pm

I remember seeing on the new Set Form (M) that they wanted photocopies.

Hubby's was a postal application.
We sent a paper file of originals incl. applic form and a paper file of p'copies incl. applic form.

Postage and envelope cost just over £10 to give you an idea of postage cost.

Good luck

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon May 09, 2011 5:48 pm

In the new SET O form this is now a requirement, guess theyre trying to pass on some of their work on to the applicants :roll:
10 DOCUMENTS
Documents provided with the application must be originals. All supporting evidence must be in the form of original documents. In addition you should provide photocopies of each of these documents including any pages of your passport(s) that contain personal details, visas or immigration stamps (foreign or UK).

Vichitra
Newly Registered

Photocopies for ILR Applicatio ?

Post by Vichitra » Tue May 10, 2011 12:27 pm

Quite Strange because Home Office expects all original documents so what does it do with photocopies keep them ?

The form suggests photocopying pages of passport with stamps and other evidence.
I might photocopy the following documents I think ....

Passport non-blank pages
12 pay slips
5 P60s
WP documents and Tier-1 Approval letter

And for all you know these might land up in a shredder ....

I remember not taking a single photocopy for my wife's ILR in Oct but this time the form specifically mentions that the applicant carries them.

Vichitra
Newly Registered

Some notes

Post by Vichitra » Fri May 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Have been back from PEO Croydon and here are a few notes which might be useful.

I was asked whether I had photocopies of my original documents which I had in my case. These were then taken from me, kept together and then stapled by the officer with my main application form.

I had also seen applicants who came there without photocopies and the worker was photocopying the originals for that applicant . So it definately is better and faster to have photocopies but no problem even if you don't.

I am a WP + Tier-1 applicant.
The originals asked from me were

12 months bank statements
12 payslips
life in the U.k. test certificate
Letter from employer
Passport

Cannot understand why I was asked for Letter from Employer since I was on Tier-1 but didn't bother questioning.
The officer examined each and every page of the passport , had a close look at the payslips and matched the figures mentioned on it against bank statements and my total salary figure.

When I was handed down the passport it was accompanied by a letter which stated my passport was handed back with my visa stay extended. Earlier I think applicants would be given a letter stating explicity that Indefinite Leave was granted but not anymore.
All the best to rest !!!!

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Re: Some notes

Post by manyaonisland » Fri May 13, 2011 4:55 pm

Vichitra wrote:When I was handed down the passport it was accompanied by a letter which stated my passport was handed back with my visa stay extended. Earlier I think applicants would be given a letter stating explicity that Indefinite Leave was granted but not anymore.
All the best to rest !!!!
But did you check whether you had the ILR vignette stamp in the passport? and was it there?
Last edited by manyaonisland on Fri May 13, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri May 13, 2011 10:17 pm

When I was handed down the passport it was accompanied by a letter which stated my passport was handed back with my visa stay extended. Earlier I think applicants would be given a letter stating explicity that Indefinite Leave was granted but not anymore.
The vignette on the passport is the only proof of ILR. The letter you got is the standard one everyone gets.