ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proving your accommodation is not overcrowded

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Irri
Newly Registered

Proving your accommodation is not overcrowded

Post by Irri » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:03 pm

I know this has been mentioned many times, but I couldn't seem to find a definitive answer to this question. Apologies for repeating a topic.

I have a surveyor's report which describes the house, but not the number of people living in it. It's my mother's house and would certainly not be overcrowded with another person.

Is it a risk to apply without having a surveyor list the number of people living here? It seems strange that this piece of evidence could hold much value. How can a surveyor know how many people live in a house?

Thanks in advance for any clarity on this.

Markie

Re: Proving your accommodation is not overcrowded

Post by Markie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:34 pm

check one of the stickies
Irri wrote:I know this has been mentioned many times, but I couldn't seem to find a definitive answer to this question. Apologies for repeating a topic.

I have a surveyor's report which describes the house, but not the number of people living in it. It's my mother's house and would certainly not be overcrowded with another person.

Is it a risk to apply without having a surveyor list the number of people living here? It seems strange that this piece of evidence could hold much value. How can a surveyor know how many people live in a house?

Thanks in advance for any clarity on this.

Irri
Newly Registered

Post by Irri » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:34 pm

Thanks, but that doesn't answer the specific question I am asking.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:32 am

The evidence of the number of people living in the property will come from you, and your mother in her evidence or statemernts confirming that you can live there.

There is no "formal" evidence you can provide. The ECO is unlikely to question your evidence unless there is some other reason for them to doubt your integrity.

State how many people will be living in the property, how many qualifiying rooms it has, and indicate that it will not be overcrowded, using the guidance that Markie linked to.

fingerscrossed
Newly Registered

Post by fingerscrossed » Mon May 09, 2011 6:24 pm

When I applied for the Mrs Spouse visa I to had to satisfy this requirement. My local council for a charge of about £90 send a council officer to the house who does the check. This officer then provides you with a report detailing how many units your house can maintain in accordance with the Housing Act.

jp70

Re: Proving your accommodation is not overcrowded

Post by jp70 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:45 pm

Markie wrote:check one of the stickies
[/quote]

This is excellent. Finally *well* defined information.

Not like "make sure there in not 'too many' people living in the house" :). Does not help much...

Applying to my case: Does that link say that I can provide a room for a woman to stay in our living room (4 men living in a shared house with one free living room. But males living does not seem to be a problem according to that link)? Because its a big room and there is nobody else, so according to that link it seems ok?