ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Fri May 06, 2011 9:41 pm

Sallam All

*******UPDATE*************

British embassy has contacted the college who issues the english language test certificate for my wife. Apparently, there was some confusion as there was two applicants with the same name. Therefore, they contacted my wife and the phone was cut off... $hit. :cry: My wife's english is not that good.

She called and said love, someone called me from UK asking about english language test etc. Then I called that number (who called my wife) and luckily i spoke with the same person who called my wife. He said to me when my wife passed the test etc. I gave him full details and he replied to British Emabassy saying that the certificate is Genuine ect.

Today its been exactly 7 weeks (31 working days) since my wife submitted her application. Can't sleep at nights..... thinking too much about this and waiting for this is the most difficult things that I experience in my life so far.

By the way, my wife nationality if Afghan and submmited her application islamabad as British Embassy visa section is closed in Afghanistan due to security reasons etc.

The reason it is taking a long time, I think this is because BHC send the documents to British Embassy in Kabul and then they ask/send to Afghan goverments departments to check if the documents are Genuine or not. Knowing Afghan government system very well and they are $hite.

Has anyone from Afghanistan has submmited their application in Islamabad lately? I would appreciate if anyone has some info to share...

Anyway lets hope I hear something soon.

Cheers and good Luck everyone.

-----------------------------------------
Application submmited: 18/03/2011
Application forwared to Islamabad OC: 18/03/2011
Contacted Sponser in the UK: 31/03/2011
Application under process at BHC: 31/03/2011
Employer not contacted as of yet:
BHC checked English language test certificate with college in London to see if it is Genuine: 06/05/2011

Waiting for decision :cry: :cry: :cry:
XX

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sat May 07, 2011 12:56 pm

WHAT IS THIS SPREADSHEET THING AND HOW DO I PUT MY NAME IN IT.

Application submitted Lahore: 05/05/2011
Forwarded to Islamabad OC: 05/05/2011

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Sat May 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Magsboy86- I am not good at attending calls but as far as I am aware BHC have not contacted me. As far as employers are concerned I haven't yet checked with but going to do so on monday, InshahAllah.

However, my work related documents included: Payslips, Employers letter, Contract of employment, Sharesave letters, and also bank statements reflecting inflows from my employment.

The only two things I am really worried about is, lack of communication proof (as only included used pre-paid cards) and hope their is nothing dodgy with the English Certificates (they were issued by EDI- in Listening and Speaking only nothing for reading and writing)

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sat May 07, 2011 3:58 pm

afzal786 wrote:Magsboy86- I am not good at attending calls but as far as I am aware BHC have not contacted me. As far as employers are concerned I haven't yet checked with but going to do so on monday, InshahAllah.

However, my work related documents included: Payslips, Employers letter, Contract of employment, Sharesave letters, and also bank statements reflecting inflows from my employment.

The only two things I am really worried about is, lack of communication proof (as only included used pre-paid cards) and hope their is nothing dodgy with the English Certificates (they were issued by EDI- in Listening and Speaking only nothing for reading and writing)
IF U WERE RINGING ON A PAKISTANI MOBILE THAN U COULD HAVE GOT A ITEMISED CALL LIST SHOWING INCOMING CALLS. U THAN COULD HAVE SHOWN THAT THE DIALED ACCESS NUMBER FROM THE CALLING CARD WAS ON THE CALL LIST OF THE MOBILE.

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Sat May 07, 2011 5:43 pm

afzal786 wrote:Magsboy86- I am not good at attending calls but as far as I am aware BHC have not contacted me. As far as employers are concerned I haven't yet checked with but going to do so on monday, InshahAllah.

Here is a list of documents that I supplied as the sponsor. I hope it is of some use as a guide for future applicants.

Evidence of Intervening Devotion
Nikaa photos
Rukhsati photos
Photos taken with wife and in-laws
Outing photos
O2 online bills
Vectone calling history (screenshots of my call history from online)
Pre-paid calling cards
Birthday card sent to wife (this was delivered by hand by a family friend)
Letter to wife (also sent by hand)
Flight iteneraries and ticket stubs
Attested copy of passport

Evidence of employment
Job offer letter
Copy of contract
Letter confirming acceptance of offer
Letter informing of end of probationary period
Online wage slips (5 months)
Bank statements (5 months)
HMRC tax notifications (this financial year, as well as the previous financial year)

Accommodation
Letter from parents to confirm we can stay rent free
Mortgage statements
Council tax statements
Utilities bills (water, electricity, gas and tv license)

I had no choice but to get the card and letter I sent by hand, as all the previous letters I had sent never got delivered (all 3 of them!). I bet the dipsh*ts over there open the letters to see if people send valuable items by normal post.

Afzal - did you not send and letters to your wife. Am I right in assuming you only maintained contact via pre-paid calling cards?

Is the awarding body of the english cetificate on the approved english laguage test list? If it is, then not a problem :)

My only concern is that for the pictures taken with my in-laws, the background has been digitally manipulated (from a white background to a wall with a window and curtain). The rest of the photos are unaltered.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sat May 07, 2011 8:17 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:WHAT IS THIS SPREADSHEET THING AND HOW DO I PUT MY NAME IN IT.

Application submitted Lahore: 05/05/2011
Forwarded to Islamabad OC: 05/05/2011
The spreadsheet 'thing' :P is Google Spreadsheets in which a few members from the past, and now myself have compiled data from all applicants to make browsing through dates easier and give applicants an idea of how the status of the visa issues/rejections is coming along - if that makes sense?

Link to the Spreadsheet:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... -0I#gid=26

I have added your details in there, please do keep us posted on any future updates. Your details are in the "May 11" tab located at the bottom.

@mgsBoy86, ah that is a bugger then because I don't think broadband service exists in villages, especially Wi-Tribe and PTCL Evo. You MIGHT be able to get a PTCL broadband as that is delivered through your landline. Worth asking them I suppose.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Post by Shoaib82 » Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi,
Can someone please update my details as well which are as follow:

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Sun May 08, 2011 6:23 pm

mgsBoy86 wrote:
Afzal - did you not send and letters to your wife. Am I right in assuming you only maintained contact via pre-paid calling cards?

Is the awarding body of the english cetificate on the approved english laguage test list? If it is, then not a problem :)

My only concern is that for the pictures taken with my in-laws, the background has been digitally manipulated (from a white background to a wall with a window and curtain). The rest of the photos are unaltered.
Yes you correct my bro. To be honest we maintained very frequent contact over the phone there never was anything new to write in a letter. :D

Yes its EDI and they are approved by the UKBA. Infact my wife had to wait for sometime when she applied as VAC in ISB waited for the EDI offices here in the UK to open so they could verify the certificates with them 'as the certificate/college was not on their list', however it was approved legitement finaly. Anyone know if that means BHC cannot refuse the qualification as that has been verified by the VAC in ISB?
Worse case scenario, my wife holds and BA and MA, which VAC did say alone would have been sufficient since it was also available they decided to use it as well (they relly did make it sound like the legitimacy of college or qualification will not be question after this point, not sure if that really is the case).

As long as everything else is fine, very unlikely I think they would refuse just because of one of two altered pics.

May Allah have his mercy on us.

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Sun May 08, 2011 6:37 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote: IF U WERE RINGING ON A PAKISTANI MOBILE THAN U COULD HAVE GOT A ITEMISED CALL LIST SHOWING INCOMING CALLS. U THAN COULD HAVE SHOWN THAT THE DIALED ACCESS NUMBER FROM THE CALLING CARD WAS ON THE CALL LIST OF THE MOBILE.
To be honest I wasn't aware of such factors. Had I known well before applying I would have telephoned from my UK landline to her Landline vise versa that would have been much stronger proof of communication. I really hope those in the process or thinking of applying really do take this piece of advice seriously, bcus its damn one simple and strong eveidence that case must have.

Nevertheless, its all down to one's kismat (fate), I know someone going through appeal process (Visit Visa) and the solicitor clearly tolled sponsor they had no grounds to appeal on. Would you believe the outcome was DECISION OVERTURNED (vis granted)!

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Sun May 08, 2011 7:08 pm

Afzal, I really do hope everything goes well for you brother. I regularly pray for all my fellow brothers and sisters that, inshAllah, may Allah SAWT grant you all your visas.

Afzal and Anjum have provided good points. Do not simply rely on pre-paid phone cards as your means of contact, as this does not prove you have contacted your spouse. The best thing to do is to call directly, either from landline or mobile (use international calling cards such as Vectone, iCard or Lebara etc.) for a minute or so to get the call registered on the bill, and to then continue the call via a pre-paid phone card. The beauty of this is that you can then provide both your mobile bills with your spouse's number highlighted, and a copy of your landline bill with the access number of the calling cards highlighted (include the used phone cards in the application).

Afzal, I wanted to point this out to you too, hence my earlier question. But I didn't want to get your hopes down.

InshAllah, sab khush better hi hoga :)

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Sun May 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Sallam All

Hope all well!!!

Can someone please give me the telephone number or e-mail address of BHC in Islamabd. I would like to send a quick mail regarding the progress of my wife's application.

Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you!!

cheers,

AliGG
XX

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sun May 08, 2011 11:20 pm

AliGG wrote:Sallam All

Hope all well!!!

Can someone please give me the telephone number or e-mail address of BHC in Islamabd. I would like to send a quick mail regarding the progress of my wife's application.

cheers,

AliGG
the gerrys email addresses are:
Islamabad isbvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk
Karachi khivacmgr@gerrys.com.pk
Lahore lhevacmgr@gerrys.com.pk
Mirpur mirpurvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

and the ukba email address is: UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk
the bhc islamabad phone number is 009251 201 2000, i dont think there is any point phoning this number bcuz i think that they dont answer questions about any applications on this number.
Please note that the British High Commission Islamabad is unable to provide visa information to personal callers. Please contact Gerry's as described above. this is written on the bhc website.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sun May 08, 2011 11:25 pm

I know this is old news but has anyone ever read this. APRIL 2010
ISLAMABAD: A courier service handling UK visa applications has lost its contract and the management of British High Commission’s service provider running visa application centres has been forced to quit amid a controversy over stolen visa stickers and lost and defaced passports.But, emergence of another case of defaced passports after the two companies were forced out suggests possible involvement of elements inside the high commission in the scam.
The issue is believed to have been discussed during the visit of United Kingdom Border Agency chief Lin Homer’s visit to Islamabad earlier this week.
Ms Homer, whose agency manages Britain’s visa operations, apart from discussions with Interior Minister Rehman Malik and senior FIA officials held a number of internal meetings at the BHC, some of which were attended by the staff of Gerrys the subcontractor for VFS.
Other topics discussed during the meetings pertained to visa application procedures, transfer of passports to Abu Dhabi hub and verification of passports by FIA.
A large number of passports, possibly running into thousands according to Pakistani investigators, had been lost by the BHC or were defaced during processing of visa applications last year. The findings of the investigations instituted by the high commission have neither been shared with the Pakistani officials nor has there been a public statement on their outcome.
Though people nervous about consequences of loss of their documents including identity theft, keenly wait to know what happened to their passports, BHC merely states:“We have fully investigated the lost passports and implemented new safeguards to provide additional protection against further losses.â€

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Mon May 09, 2011 7:47 am

[quote="anjum786mohammed"]I know this is old news but has anyone ever read this. APRIL 2010
ISLAMABAD: A courier service handling UK visa applications has lost its contract and the management of British High Commission’s service provider running visa application centres has been forced to quit amid a controversy over stolen visa stickers and lost and defaced passports.But, emergence of another case of defaced passports after the two companies were forced out suggests possible involvement of elements inside the high commission in the scam.
The issue is believed to have been discussed during the visit of United Kingdom Border Agency chief Lin Homer’s visit to Islamabad earlier this week.
Ms Homer, whose agency manages Britain’s visa operations, apart from discussions with Interior Minister Rehman Malik and senior FIA officials held a number of internal meetings at the BHC, some of which were attended by the staff of Gerrys the subcontractor for VFS.
Other topics discussed during the meetings pertained to visa application procedures, transfer of passports to Abu Dhabi hub and verification of passports by FIA.
A large number of passports, possibly running into thousands according to Pakistani investigators, had been lost by the BHC or were defaced during processing of visa applications last year. The findings of the investigations instituted by the high commission have neither been shared with the Pakistani officials nor has there been a public statement on their outcome.
Though people nervous about consequences of loss of their documents including identity theft, keenly wait to know what happened to their passports, BHC merely states:“We have fully investigated the lost passports and implemented new safeguards to provide additional protection against further losses.â€

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Mon May 09, 2011 8:50 am

[quote="mgsBoy86"][quote="anjum786mohammed"]I know this is old news but has anyone ever read this. APRIL 2010

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Mon May 09, 2011 8:15 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:

Hope all well!!!

cheers,

AliGG

and the ukba email address is: UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk
the bhc islamabad phone number is 009251 201 2000, i dont think there is any point phoning this number bcuz i think that they dont answer questions about any applications on this number.
Please note that the British High Commission Islamabad is unable to provide visa information to personal callers. Please contact Gerry's as described above. this is written on the bhc website.
Many thanks Anjum
XX

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Mon May 09, 2011 9:44 pm

AliGG wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:

Hope all well!!!

cheers,

AliGG

Many thanks Anjum
Sallam Anjum,

I have just sent an e-mail to KVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk and lets hope they reply.

It been 7 weeks since submitted my application. Not sure what they are going to say.....

Waiting is getting difficult and difficult day by day...

Here is what I have submitted:

1/ 4 months bank statement (£2000 saving)
2/ 5 months payslips
3/ Employement contract (2 yrs in investment banking)
4/ letter from employer confirming my employment status and salary
5/ Tenancy agreement (deposit, rent receipt)
6/ Nikah nama - wedding photos, other photos when i visited them
7/ copy of my UK passport showing stamp/visa etc
8/ Evidence of financially supporting my wife (money sent via western union)
9/ Lyca phone card to show I have been in contact with my wife.
10/ Lyca phone card to show I have been in contact with my wife.
11/ Copy of MSc degree & copy of BSc degree

My income is not bad (thanks god) but my saving is not very good and they could refuse for not having enough money on my account....

The other weakness is that there is no strong evidence of communication - im sure they will not just accept phone cards - i wasn't ware of this until late... but lets hope wedding photos and other photos that i submitted helps.

Not sure what the outcome will... but i have some hope 60%... if they refuse then i have a good chance at wining in court... but lets hope it doesn't go there...

Good luck to all of you

cheers and kind regards,

AliGG
XX

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Mon May 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Just a litte update:
I have contacted my HR department to find out if UKBA have made any enquiries relating to my employment, I was made aware to this date no contact has been made by BHC. Not as yet at least.
Although I was under the impression and have read on this forum BHC would generally contact employers through telephone but the HR staff said THEY SEND THE REQUEST IN WRITING! Anyone know if that really is the case?

Remember us all in your duas.

Afzal

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:04 pm

Goood luck Brother ALIGG, do keep us informed regaring your e-mail.

Every application is judged on its own merits inshahAllah they shouldn't refuse on just one 'calling card' issue, though I am also in the same boat as you. My uncle applied recently and had visa granted despite supplying just calling cards no other method of communication.

I am also thinking about e-mailing them as well since its been nearly 11 weeks. I take it your e-mail was simply to gain an insight as to how far your wife's applications has progressed to till this date, am I correct?

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Ali, I would not worry about the financial side of the application at all. As long as you have at least around £106 per week after paying rent/mortgage, council tax and loans, then it should not be an issue inshAllah.

I have heard of people applying having only maintained contact via pre-paid cards, and their visas were granted.

To be honest guys, it't all down to our kismet. Leave everything to Allah SAWT.

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Tue May 10, 2011 7:25 am

afzal786 wrote:Goood luck Brother ALIGG, do keep us informed regaring your e-mail.

Every application is judged on its own merits inshahAllah they shouldn't refuse on just one 'calling card' issue, though I am also in the same boat as you. My uncle applied recently and had visa granted despite supplying just calling cards no other method of communication.

I am also thinking about e-mailing them as well since its been nearly 11 weeks. I take it your e-mail was simply to gain an insight as to how far your wife's applications has progressed to till this date, am I correct?
Salam Afzal786 Bro,

Yeah sure, if I hear anything and i will let you all know.

The e-mail I sent was a quick one, you know when BHC called me on 31st, they told me that my wife's application should be ready for collection at the end of April 2011. Now its 10th May, and still under process..... so I just asked them to update me. Not sure how long they gonna take to reply.... But i will keep u updated.

Cheers and good luck to everyone.

AliGG
XX

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Tue May 10, 2011 7:30 am

mgsBoy86 wrote:Ali, I would not worry about the financial side of the application at all. As long as you have at least around £106 per week after paying rent/mortgage, council tax and loans, then it should not be an issue inshAllah.

I have heard of people applying having only maintained contact via pre-paid cards, and their visas were granted.

To be honest guys, it't all down to our kismet. Leave everything to Allah SAWT.
Sallam mgsBoy86,

Thank you and now im feeling a bit better. After paying rent and all other expenses, i have at least around £300. Lets hope they give me and all of you guys visa. Cheers.

Yes you are right - it't all down to our kismet. Let see where our kismet will take us.

Good luck to everyone.

AliGG
XX

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Tue May 10, 2011 1:12 pm

msg boys86, afzal & everyone else waiting on decisions.......

When I applied March 2010 UKBA contacted my employers firstly by phone & then by writing (cos my employers refused to confirm my employment over the phone) anyway UKBA claim to have never received the confirmation of my employment so they refused the visa..........this was the only reason for refusal..........my case was water tight prepared by an immigration solicitor. UKBA had all the evidence of my current employment in the paperwork provided (I am a civil servant) but they still wanted more confirmation.........in other words they wanted a reason to refuse my case & they did..........

guys keep faith in Allah (swt) as he is the only one who can help us & reunite us with our partners

I always thought I'll never be able to continue if UKBA refused my husbands visa but here I am a year later still going strong.........

We appealed but as UKBA never got back to AIT we now have to go to court, I have hearing on Monday & I am real nervous.........

Inshallah all will be well.....Inshallah

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Tue May 10, 2011 1:19 pm

CRT7 wrote:msg boys86, afzal & everyone else waiting on decisions.......

When I applied March 2010 UKBA contacted my employers firstly by phone & then by writing (cos my employers refused to confirm my employment over the phone) anyway UKBA claim to have never received the confirmation of my employment so they refused the visa..........this was the only reason for refusal..........my case was water tight prepared by an immigration solicitor. UKBA had all the evidence of my current employment in the paperwork provided (I am a civil servant) but they still wanted more confirmation.........in other words they wanted a reason to refuse my case & they did..........

guys keep faith in Allah (swt) as he is the only one who can help us & reunite us with our partners

I always thought I'll never be able to continue if UKBA refused my husbands visa but here I am a year later still going strong.........

We appealed but as UKBA never got back to AIT we now have to go to court, I have hearing on Monday & I am real nervous.........

I shall be praying for you, sister. InshAllah the hearing will go well and you will be reunited with your husband very soon.

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Tue May 10, 2011 2:51 pm

CRT7 wrote:msg boys86, afzal & everyone else waiting on decisions.......

Good luck INSHALLAH a good news will welcome you!