ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) Application query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravs95
Newly Registered

SET(O) Application query

Post by ravs95 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:39 pm

Hello All,

I am writing to request some information regarding "Application for Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK".

My initial HSMP application was approved on 24/05/2006 (Which falls between 3 April 2006 and 7 November 2006) then switched to Tier 1 (General) Migrant on 18/06/2008.

With reference to the below link, in Page 7 (Section-3 Which category) of SET(O) application form, do I need to select 'Tier 1 (General) Migrant' in Section A or 'Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document' in section B?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... er-remain/

Thank you very much and your immeadiate reponce will be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Ravs

vjkkjv
Newly Registered

Post by vjkkjv » Tue May 10, 2011 8:09 am

Hi Ravs,

I am in the same boat as you are. My HSMP was approved on 02 June 2006. I am applying for ILR at Croydon on Friday (13th May).

I have selected "Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document" in "Section 3" because we are, indeed, covered by the JR as set out in the HSMP JR policy document ( See here . Refer to Para 4, 6 and 27).

The Gentlemanhere successfully applied for ILR under HSMP JR rules using the new SET O forms. He points out in his post that he selected "Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document" option. Have a read.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your application.

Regards,
Vijay

ravs95
Newly Registered

Post by ravs95 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:47 am

Thanks Vijay. So we don't need to bother about points and we can get away with 3 months payslips and bank statements right?

vjkkjv
Newly Registered

Post by vjkkjv » Tue May 10, 2011 10:02 am

Thats correct Ravs, we don't have to worry about scoring any points. The SET O application form points out that AT LEAST 3 months worth of payslips and bank statements are required. I will take along 1 years worth of payslips and bank statements, just to be safe :).

Good luck.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 10, 2011 10:26 am

Also, refer to 10G.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ravs95
Newly Registered

Post by ravs95 » Tue May 10, 2011 11:43 pm

Thanks guys.

Actually I am an IT Contractor and I have my own limited company. In Section 10G, they are asking for "If you are self employed, you should provide evidence of the progress of the business".

What are we supposed to show? A letter from the accountant should do? If yes, are there any templates available?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Regards,
Ravs