ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for wife (dependant visa) on Tier 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hitman79
Newly Registered

Applying for wife (dependant visa) on Tier 1 (General)

Post by hitman79 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:35 am

Hi guys,

I am on Tier 1 (General) Migrant visa. I came to the UK in March 2010. I currently have a job. I am planning to apply for my wife's visa as my dependant. The thing which I need to confirm is that my wife has £533 in her 2 different accounts. If we show the statements of both her accounts for 3 months, will that be enough? Do I still have to show my bank statements with £800 for 3 months as well?

Thanks a lot for your help.

beecharmer1800bc

Re: Applying for wife (dependant visa) on Tier 1 (General)

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon May 09, 2011 1:08 pm

hitman79 wrote:Hi guys,

I am on Tier 1 (General) Migrant visa. I came to the UK in March 2010. I currently have a job. I am planning to apply for my wife's visa as my dependant. The thing which I need to confirm is that my wife has £533 in her 2 different accounts. If we show the statements of both her accounts for 3 months, will that be enough? Do I still have to show my bank statements with £800 for 3 months as well?

Thanks a lot for your help.

There has been extensive debate on this topic and I am also interested in this matter because I am in the same position. My dependants (wife&son)will be applying later in the year and I am only keeping £533*2 because that is what I can afford.

I have checked (extensively) the threads on this forum relating to this matter and there are varying opinions on it,but it doesn't appear though, that anyone has been refused based on maintaining only £533 for each dependant that has applied separately.

Two friends of mine also informed me that they only maintained funds for their dependants and nothing for themselves- their applications were successful.

So in your case, you have lived in the UK for more than 12 months so you only need to show £533 for your dependant.

As per whether you need to show £800 is entirely up to you, I mean if you can afford to add £800 to what you have now and apply after 90 days.

The HO policy guidance is unclear regarding the requirements because you get different interpretations. Nothing in life is straight-forward it seems.

But the money being in your wife's two accounts is absolutely fine. Just make sure it covers more than 90 days to avoid issues and please submit original statements if you can as opposed to internet print-outs.

Hope I have done well in putting your mind at rest

:D
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

hitman79
Newly Registered

Post by hitman79 » Mon May 09, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi beecharmer1800bc,

Thanks a lot for your reply. This still does not confirm whether or not I should go ahead and apply or not. Let me know if we can confirm from any source.

Thanks.

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon May 09, 2011 5:28 pm

hitman79 wrote:Hi beecharmer1800bc,

Thanks a lot for your reply. This still does not confirm whether or not I should go ahead and apply or not. Let me know if we can confirm from any source.

Thanks.
I'm not entirely sure what other info you require.

I have laid bare all the facts and gave you examples so what more do you want?

You have not bothered to read through all the threads on the forum to make an informed decision, have you?

I cannot help you with a YES or NO answer-that decision is for you to make; considering all the facts I have given you.

I even went further and told you what I am planning to do considering all the facts at my disposal yet you are undecided!!!!

You have a Tier 1 General visa so I am sure you are learned enough to make an informed decision.

hitman79
Newly Registered

Post by hitman79 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi beecharmer1800bc,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I didn't mean to offend you. I was thinking about giving Home Office a call to confirm. I have also emailed them but waiting for their reply. I thought someone will have a confirm answer. Thanks again for all your help.

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Tue May 10, 2011 10:10 am

hitman79 wrote:Hi beecharmer1800bc,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I didn't mean to offend you. I was thinking about giving Home Office a call to confirm. I have also emailed them but waiting for their reply. I thought someone will have a confirm answer. Thanks again for all your help.
People on this forum have posted replies they got from the HO, particularly in India. The £533 is sufficient if the dependant is applying separately.

Let us know what the outcome of your own enquiry is- perhaps it will bring a closure to this matter for most people here.

And I wasn't offended.

Many thanks.