ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Please! Passport and other important documents stolen

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sams

Help Please! Passport and other important documents stolen

Post by sams » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:53 am

Hi

I came to this country 4 years back on Work Permit. Changed my status to HSMP on 15th June 2006, and my passport was stamped untill 14th June 2008.
My passport, HSMP approval letter, my degree, driving licence, pay slips and bank statement (everything was in one folder) has got stolen from my room.

Please suggest what shall I do. I am from India.

At this moment I am in big shock. Any suggestion will be a big help for me.

Thanks.

sudeep_n

Post by sudeep_n » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:10 am

Last edited by sudeep_n on Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

sudeep_n

Post by sudeep_n » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:12 am

first thing first....register a Police compaint with local police in the area where it was lost.

Dont panic ....passport and visa would not be an issue.....i hope you have photocopies of those.....first you will have to get Indian passport and then get HSMP visa stamped on it...

It is quite common and would not be an issue except cost, time and effort..

degree, driving licence, pay slips and bank statement ...

Of course I hope you get the folder back somehow..may be it was misplaced or may be after police complaint you would get it

But otherwise

degree. driving license - can be reissued from Indian / UK authorities as the case may be

pay slip - I am sure your employer can reissue those (if you have photocopies / soft copies that would do)

Bank statements - Come on these can be printed at your wish

sams

Post by sams » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:16 am

sudeep_n , thank you very much for your valuable suggestions.

I have registered a police complaint and they said they will send the report in the post in couple of days.
One of my worry is if after been issuing a duplicate passport, and with new visa stamp, will my new passport have record of my last visas and entry date in UK, as it can cause problems going back to india and then coming back here and for applying ILR next year.
Please suggest.
sudeep_n wrote:first thing first....register a Police compaint with local police in the area where it was lost.

Dont panic ....passport and visa would not be an issue.....i hope you have photocopies of those.....first you will have to get Indian passport and then get HSMP visa stamped on it...

It is quite common and would not be an issue except cost, time and effort..

degree, driving licence, pay slips and bank statement ...

Of course I hope you get the folder back somehow..may be it was misplaced or may be after police complaint you would get it

But otherwise

degree. driving license - can be reissued from Indian / UK authorities as the case may be

pay slip - I am sure your employer can reissue those (if you have photocopies / soft copies that would do)

Bank statements - Come on these can be printed at your wish

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:31 am

sams wrote:........if after been issuing a duplicate passport, and with new visa stamp, will my new passport have record of my last visas and entry date in UK, as it can cause problems going back to india and then coming back here and for applying ILR next year.....

No, you will need to reconstruct this information for yourself - boarding cards, if you still have them, will help, or "frequent flyer" statements. Otherwise a "subject access request" to IND should show most of the dates. See this page on the the IND website.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

sams

Post by sams » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:28 am

ppron747 Thank you very much for providing helpful information.

I have reported this to police, and they will provide a report in couple of days and without that report nothing can be done.

I spoke to few people and friends regarding this, and someone told me that aim of these people who steal the passports is to use the false identity and even change photo on the passports to bring illegal people in this country!
and when I asked Police regarding this, I didn't get any satisfactory answer.

If anyone on this board knows any information about the passport forgery or any suggetions for me, please help.

Reason being
1) I don't even know exactly on which date my passport was stolen, may be 1 month or 2 months back, because I only found it out, day before yesterday, when I needed it to take it for the interview, may be last time I would have seen 1 or 2 months back.
2) Along with the passport, the complete folder (which I sent it for HSMP) computer engineering degree, all 8 semesters detailed marks-sheets, Xth certifcate, XIIth certificate, last 3-4 months bank statements, Pay-slips, Driving Licence, P60 form, employer references and HSMP approval letter
has been stolen as well.

I would greatly appreciate for any advice.