ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Past earning evidences: electronic documents eligibility

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lanwarrior

Past earning evidences: electronic documents eligibility

Post by lanwarrior » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:08 pm

Hi all,

Based on the HSMP Case Worker Guidance for "Past Earnings", I am thinking of submitting 2 of the following evidences:

1) Wage Slips
2) Tax Return
3) Letter of employer

I can obtain the Letter of Employer easily, however, for the other 2; I only have the electronic versions of the documents.

For the wage slips, I can only print these from the secure company intranet site. I do not receive an actual wage slips.

For the Tax return, I only received the electronic copies of the US W-2 tax record from the tax office (US Internal Revenue Service).

Thus, for those who is applying from the US (with W-2 Tax form) or in a similar situation as me, please kindly let me know what you've used for your HSMP application and whether it was successful.

Thank you.

pateketu

Post by pateketu » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:00 pm

lanwarrior, I am also applying from US and in exactly same situation with Paystubs, my company sends W2 by mail, so I have the paper copy of it, but paystubs are only available on the intranet.

I am thinking of asking the HR to stamp it or something, not sure if it will be possible for not.

Can you send me a PM and we can exchange email address and may be help each other, what part of US are you in?

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:08 pm

Sure thing. You've a PM now. :)

For anyone else who's coming from US OR live in a country that have electronic copies of tax documents, please feel free to chip in and let us know how did you proceed.

rkc

Post by rkc » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:47 pm

Well, this case (payslips being sent out by email) is not unique to companies in the US. This is prevalent in so many companies in India, and I am sure in other parts of the world. In such cases, it is expected by the HSMP that the payslips should be printed on the original company letter-head/or on plain paper. Further, if the pay-slips are printed on plain-paper, then it should be both signed and stamped by the authorised signatory of your company ( generally the HR Manager or your Finance Manager).

regards

abhijeetrao
Newly Registered

Post by abhijeetrao » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:38 am

I am also planning to apply from US. I have the same questions as you guys. The thing is the W2 only represents last calender year. And we have to provide last 12 months pay stubs . This means that we have to supply 2 piece of evidence for year 2006. One would be your salary slips. What will be other one?

Also my company has gone through acquistions . So I have half pay stubs with old company name rest with the new name. This kind of makes my case even more complicated. Does anyone has suggestions how I can represent this?

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:04 am

Hi all,

Based on my research, I will be submitting the following instead:

1) Letter from the employer stating the annual salary
2) W-2 form
3) Bank statements showing all the deposit made by my company for the last 12 months.

The reason I am not including the wage slips is because the HSMP Office have clearly stated, in the Case Guidance document, that:

Any wage slips that are on plain paper, that have not been
endorsed by the employer, are not acceptable.

Unfortunately, my employer can't endorse the wage slips because it is already considered a legal document (i.e. acceptable by my mortgage company, etc.) Furthermore, I can't tell them I need it for my application to migrate to UK since they'll be pissed, knowing that I am going to leave the company.

abhijeetrao
Newly Registered

Post by abhijeetrao » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:58 am

Hey lanwarrior

Like I said before, W2 only helps to prove six months of last year as W2 will show your 12 months earnings of year 2005. So if you are applying sometime now and in future you will have to provide evidence for the first half of year 2006.

Secondly, about the bank statements, they mention that bank statements should clearly show that the amound deposited came from your employer. But if you see the bank statements , for direct deposits , it usually says salary and some ID number. Does not really mention your company name on it. At least mine does not. Are you getting any special bank statement format.

Please let me know if you have any special format that you are getting from the bank

pateketu

Post by pateketu » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:08 am

I think, I am going to include

1) Paysstubs printed on company letter head
2) Last two years W2
3) A letter from HR stating the annual salary

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:22 am

Hi abhi,

I was reading another thread titled "Tips for application" and the thread starter was somebody from US. He submitted the W-2 form and Income tax return and he got approved. So I am kinda following him.

I agree with you though: W2 only shows the last 6 months of 2005. That's why I am including the bank statements. My bank statements shows the following for each deposit:
- Company Name
- Last 4 digits of SSN
- My name

So that's why I am including these in lieu of the paystub. But as an extra steps, I am also emailing my bank to ask if they can provide a statement indicating the amount of deposit made by my employer. This way, I don't have to send a stack of bank statements to the HSMP.
abhijeetrao wrote:Hey lanwarrior

Like I said before, W2 only helps to prove six months of last year as W2 will show your 12 months earnings of year 2005. So if you are applying sometime now and in future you will have to provide evidence for the first half of year 2006.

Secondly, about the bank statements, they mention that bank statements should clearly show that the amound deposited came from your employer. But if you see the bank statements , for direct deposits , it usually says salary and some ID number. Does not really mention your company name on it. At least mine does not. Are you getting any special bank statement format.

Please let me know if you have any special format that you are getting from the bank

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:52 am

abhijeetrao wrote:Also my company has gone through acquistions . So I have half pay stubs with old company name rest with the new name. This kind of makes my case even more complicated. Does anyone has suggestions how I can represent this?
I think you can just include the pay stubs from BOTH company. If your salary remains the same, there shouldn't be any problem. However, I think you need to include a statement explaining the above.

windmill

Post by windmill » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:47 am

I am also applying from the US and in the same boat as you guys re: the W-2. But my pay stubs have company seal on them although its like their letter head. So my other letters would look different from the letterhead which I think should be normal, no?

On the other hand, how about sending all the original documents? Is there an alternative to it, like a notarised copy or something as I am a bit concerned over sending originals, at least of degree.

So if you have worked in the US for substantial period of time, does it anyway help? Also, what all efforts are you guys taking to prove that your job requires graduate level degree other than the employer statement (that is if you are claiming points for that). My job actually requires a masters as per the ad so I dont know what I shall do.

pateketu

Post by pateketu » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:52 pm

W2 only shows the last 6 months of 2005 -- Agreed but why not submit last two years W2.

Rocio
Newly Registered

Post by Rocio » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:08 pm

lanwarrior wrote:Sure thing. You've a PM now. :)

For anyone else who's coming from US OR live in a country that have electronic copies of tax documents, please feel free to chip in and let us know how did you proceed.
Hi there I had my tax documents printed from my pdf file i had. I also had my payroll people print any missing checkstubs from the company's ADP website and certify that they were coming from my company.

Hope that helps.

Rocio
Houston, TX

abhijeetrao
Newly Registered

Post by abhijeetrao » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:40 pm

Hey Rocio,

Did you already apply or you already got it. My problem is that the company only has online pay slips and they say that whatever there is online is official and cannot certify anything further.

Do you know how much time it takes if we apply from US from the day we send application

Rocio
Newly Registered

Post by Rocio » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:49 pm

abhijeetrao wrote:Hey Rocio,

Did you already apply or you already got it. My problem is that the company only has online pay slips and they say that whatever there is online is official and cannot certify anything further.

Do you know how much time it takes if we apply from US from the day we send application
Hey there,

Have them state that on a letter from your human resources department. That is what I did with the missing check stubs. Did you do your income tax via Turbo Tax if so I did as well and turned that in. I have applied and am really worried their decision was no. My timeline is a bit different then most people on here but then again I had an urgent request form so I can only keep hoping for the best.

Here is my time line:

June 27th - Fed Exed HSMP app
June 29th - Received by HO
July 12th - Fee withdrawn
July 17th - Called HO and was given reference # and was told a decision was made on July 14th and documents have already been sent to me via mail.
July 18th - Called again to verify information and was told the same thing but no one could let me know if i got the visa or not. I also received the reference # via post today.

If they did in fact reach a decision July 14th that means it took them three days (12th - 14th) to review it. IF that is the case I will be receiving the letter and my documents hopefully sometime next week.

Hope this helps.

Rocio

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:53 pm

abhijeetrao wrote:Hey Rocio,

Since I have the same problem (online pay stub), I foregoo submitting it and instead submit the W-2, Letter of earnings, and bank statement. I read the Case Worker guidance and what they're trying to see is authentic PROOF that I made the amount of money as I stated in the application. Since the online stub is not "authenticatic" enough, I rather not include that in the application.

abhijeetrao
Newly Registered

Post by abhijeetrao » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:19 am

Rocio

Did you provide reference letter from current company. I dont want my current company to know that I am applying for this. Can we ask them not to contact the current company. But if I dont include my current company then I dont have 5 years of experience. So I have to include that experience.

Also do you know what language we have to include for current employment , in the sense that whether you are currently employed or "working to present" as mentioned in the caseworker manual.

Do any of you guys have any format of work experience letter that is detailed to avoid any rejections. Also other than the work experience letter , are any of you gonna provide any other documents in support of work experience to get points in that.

Rocio
Newly Registered

Post by Rocio » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:05 am

abhijeetrao wrote:Rocio

Did you provide reference letter from current company. I dont want my current company to know that I am applying for this. Can we ask them not to contact the current company. But if I dont include my current company then I dont have 5 years of experience. So I have to include that experience.

Also do you know what language we have to include for current employment , in the sense that whether you are currently employed or "working to present" as mentioned in the caseworker manual.

Do any of you guys have any format of work experience letter that is detailed to avoid any rejections. Also other than the work experience letter , are any of you gonna provide any other documents in support of work experience to get points in that.
Yes I provided a reference letter from my current employer. I also provided a detailed job description as well. I can email it to you if you like? Send me your email address through PM and I will send you what I submitted in regards to my work experience. I was as detailed as I could be.

I don't want you to use my submission as an example until I know I have gotten the visa though. I hope to receive my letter in the mail soon. I am worried since they did not contact any of my references nor did they contact my prospective employer in the UK. As I stated in my timeline it took 2 to 3 days for them to make a decision on my case. :|

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:05 am

Rocio wrote: Here is my time line:

June 27th - Fed Exed HSMP app
June 29th - Received by HO
July 12th - Fee withdrawn
July 17th - Called HO and was given reference # and was told a decision was made on July 14th and documents have already been sent to me via mail.
July 18th - Called again to verify information and was told the same thing but no one could let me know if i got the visa or not. I also received the reference # via post today.

If they did in fact reach a decision July 14th that means it took them three days (12th - 14th) to review it. IF that is the case I will be receiving the letter and my documents hopefully sometime next week.

Rocio
Hi Rocio,

That's pretty scary! 3 days to come up with the decision? I hope you got it approved, so we'll know if they accept thw W-2, Turbo Tax earning and letter from employer as evidences for the Past Earnings. If not, then we'll need to re-think our strategy.

Not that I am trying to scare you or anything, but it's unbelievable that they can give decision in just 3 days. Maybe they see something they don't like and just not approve it? Again, this is just my imagination.

abhijeetrao
Newly Registered

Post by abhijeetrao » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:55 am

Rocio,

You can email me at:

resh1176@yahoo.com

from_india

Post by from_india » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:14 am

Abhijit, Rocio, lanwarrior,

Did any one of you receive the approval?

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:55 am

from_india,

I haven't even file the application yet, since I am waiting for my bank to send me the copy of the official statement.

On other hand, I am actually started this thread and hoping that people can tell me if they got their HSMP application APPROVED when they've submitted evidences of past earning documents OTHER than the paystub, such as bank statements, W-2, etc.

Alas, no one ever responded on the above. So I ended up just doing my research on Google.

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:20 pm

Rocio,

Did you receive your approval?

t
Newly Registered

Bank Statement

Post by t » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:00 am

Hi -

I am wondeering about Bank Statement as part of income evidence - It of course shows the "after-tax" amont...

I thought the income amont requirement for HSMP was pre-tax income amount - Am I correct??

If so, is bank statement good enough because it matches the numbers on pay slips at "after-tax" amont, not "pre-tax" amount?
I just want to make sure it's OK that sum of bank statement amount does not satisfy the required amount of money.

Anyone? Thank you!!

t