ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Savings support EEA1

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sweetypie1

Savings support EEA1

Post by sweetypie1 » Tue May 10, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi there,

Im Polish girl marrying Indian boy in July this year. We are together almost 3years and after marriage we want to apply for EEA1 as he is now in India (from FEb 2011) and Im in Uk.

I found this website realy really helpful. My only concern now are savings. As Im employed like a part time receptionist, mostly working more then 40hrs cause of overtime (getting payed for it). I was just wonderng how much savings should O have on my account to stay on the safe site? For now I have £3000 but we will apply for EEA1 Visa in September so still get some more, should all come to £5000.
This month is not very busy at my work so have less extra hours, is that might be a problem with application? if you know what I mean...

Thank you for all replies....
Wishing you all the very best with your applications....

Malwina

sweetypie1

Post by sweetypie1 » Tue May 10, 2011 5:18 pm

I just realized.... we need EEA2 right?

os_sbs
Newly Registered

Post by os_sbs » Wed May 11, 2011 3:03 pm

If you partner applies from India after you get married then he needs to apply for EEA family permit first which will be issued for 6 months to enable him to come to the UK. Later when he's in the UK he can submitt EEA2 application (if you do not have residence permit yourself yet you can submitt EEA1 form together with his EEA. this is not obligatory but sometimes it help to speed up non-EEA application).
If he's in the UK already you can just proceed with EEA 2 application straight after the marriage.
all applications are free of charge

REgarding the savings - you don't really need to prove any. You're working in the UK, as I understood from your post, around 40hr per week? This makes you a qualified person under EEA regulations and your partner can apply based on that. Payslips, letter from your employer and bank statements showing that you're receiving salary regularly should be more than enough. However if you want to submitt the statement of your savings - it is not obligatory but you still can do it and there's no limit or the minimum amount.

marriage certificate + some bills or statements showing the same address - and that's pretty much everything!

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ts-family/#

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006 ... ion/4/made - paragraph 4 here explains what "qualified person" means

Good luck!!

sweetypie1

Post by sweetypie1 » Mon May 16, 2011 2:54 pm

os_sbs thank you so much for your reply... Really helpful, I will have a look on the links....

Thank yo again